• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets finally move Sheldon Richardson

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks To Acquire Sheldon Richardson From Jets In Exchange For Jermaine Kearse
September 1st, 2017 at 2:04pm CST by Dallas Robinson
This is breaking news. Please Sheldon Richardson from the Jets in exchange for wide receiver Jermaine Kearse draft considerations, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

New York, of course, has been shopping Richardson for some time, and while Seattle reportedly showed interest earlier this year, the club wanted Richardson to accept a paycut from his $8.069MM base salary. Whether Richardson has now done so is unclear, but the Seahawks did clear cap space today by reworking receiver Doug Baldwin‘s contract, and are shedding Kearse’s $2.2MM salary.

Richardson certainly has his warts, which may have contributed to a limited trade market. For one, he wasn’t all that effective last season, as Richardson managed only 1.5 sacks in 15 games (though he still graded out as the NFL’s No. 31 edge defender, per Pro Football Focus). Richardson also comes with off-field question marks, as he has a substance abuse suspension in his past, and has dealt with commitment and tardiness issues.

But, if healthy and motivated, the addition of Richardson would give the Seahawks arguably the best front seven in the NFL. Richardson, who can conceivably play either along the edge or on the interior, would join a Seattle defensive unit that also includes Michael Bennett, Frank Clark, Cliff Avril, Bobby Wager, and K.J. Wright on the front end, and the vaunted Legion of Boom in the back end.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm

Ahhh

Hmmm
tenor.gif

Oh ya

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, Kearse was one of the worst football players last year. I think footballoutsiders had a running joke of 'WHY DO THEY KEEP THROWING THE BALL TO HIM?!?'

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Jermaine and your droppies
except that one...

kearse-catch.nocrop.w536.h2147483647.gif

i honestly thought the game was over here, and brady was fucked again late by bad defense and a lucky grab.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Jets actually...wow...they really are trying to tank this year.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Judge Fudge

Seahawks To Shop DL Ahtyba Rubin; Broncos Interested
September 1st, 2017 at 2:31pm CST by Zach Links
The Seahawks aren’t done yet. Once their acquisition of Sheldon Richardson is completed, they’ll turn around and discuss trades for defensive lineman Ahtyba Rubin, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. The Broncos are a top contender to land him, Rapoport adds.
USATSI_8901156-191x300.jpg

Rubin, 31, joined the Seahawks on a free agent deal prior to the 2015 season. Before the ’16 campaign, he re-upped with the team on a three-year, $12MM deal. The good news for any team that acquires him is that the Seahawks already paid out half of that sum in the first year of the deal.

In his first Seahawks season, Rubin amassed 36 tackles, two sacks, and finished fourth among the team’s defensive linemen in snaps. Last year, he once again had a perfect attendance record in the regular season as he racked up 39 tackles, one sack, and three forced fumbles.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense for both teams but Seattle won the trade. Still, Jets get a 'whatever' WR and a 2nd round pick. Richardson is a pro bowl level lineman when properly motivated and it's hard to get motivated on the Jets. In addition, they were shuffling him all over the place because of Wilkerson and Leonard so it's clear to understand why Richardson was not getting sacks and performing as well as he did early on.

Assuming Richardson gets motivated, hard to argue any front 7 that's better than Seattle. Look forward to seeing Avril + Bennett + Richardson + Clark in a 3rd down pass rush package.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Judge Fudge

Seahawks To Shop DL Ahtyba Rubin; Broncos Interested
September 1st, 2017 at 2:31pm CST by Zach Links
The Seahawks aren’t done yet. Once their acquisition of Sheldon Richardson is completed, they’ll turn around and discuss trades for defensive lineman Ahtyba Rubin, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. The Broncos are a top contender to land him, Rapoport adds.
USATSI_8901156-191x300.jpg

Rubin, 31, joined the Seahawks on a free agent deal prior to the 2015 season. Before the ’16 campaign, he re-upped with the team on a three-year, $12MM deal. The good news for any team that acquires him is that the Seahawks already paid out half of that sum in the first year of the deal.

In his first Seahawks season, Rubin amassed 36 tackles, two sacks, and finished fourth among the team’s defensive linemen in snaps. Last year, he once again had a perfect attendance record in the regular season as he racked up 39 tackles, one sack, and three forced fumbles.

Not suprised. Probs get a pick back

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, Kearse was one of the worst football players last year. I think footballoutsiders had a running joke of 'WHY DO THEY KEEP THROWING THE BALL TO HIM?!?'

Kearse is a funny guy to figure out, he will catch the most ridiculously difficult one, then drop one right in his bread basket with no one near him... It's aggravating... He also could a iced the New England Super-Bowl had he made a catch late in the 4th when Seattle was up 10 ... Hit him right in his hands deep in New England territory late in the game... Right after that drop the Pats got the ball back and some momentum late... Then he turns around and makes a ridiculous circus catch, that's how that guy is ... Appreciate his contributions, but I"m not sad seeing him go, I got tired of the easy drops all the dam time...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have Seattle D in fantasy, your day got a little brighter.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a steal......If Richardson will ever straighten out his act, it will be in Seattle

Cant blame the Jets though, he was a cancer on a defense that has some really good young talent

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks plan to try and trade DT Ahytba Rubin.

Rubin, 31, signed a new "three-year, $12 million" deal in March 2016 but received really poor marks from Pro Football Focus for both his run defense and pass rush last season. Following the addition of DT Sheldon Richardson on Friday, Rubin looks like the possible odd man out. If the Seahawks are unable to find a trade partner, they could save $2.2 million by releasing Rubin.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting deal for Seattle. Richardson is good DL, no doubt, but they gave up a 2018 2nd rd pick for a guy that is in the last year of his deal. After the season, Richardson could walk, leaving Seattle with, at most, comp pick in 2019 at the end of the 3rd rd.