• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets finally move Sheldon Richardson

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except that one...

kearse-catch.nocrop.w536.h2147483647.gif

i honestly thought the game was over here, and brady was fucked again late by bad defense and a lucky grab.

Didnt they just win a SB on a lucky grab?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you also have the Seattle O-line.....
Well that sure sounds like an odd league, I suppose so.

Although the Seattle OL has looked decent in all 4 pre-season games, but I understand it will continue to be the low hanging fruit for jokes for quite a while longer.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sure sounds like an odd league, I suppose so.

Although the Seattle OL has looked decent in all 4 pre-season games, but I understand it will continue to be the low hanging fruit for jokes for quite a while longer.

Starting to get a feeling about Seattle this season, flying more under the radar than recent seasons, Wilson looking healthy and phenomenal, and the combo of Rawls/Prosice/Carson/ Lacy, can actually work in a big way if used right....And I think Graham puts together his best yet Seattle season

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to get a feeling about Seattle this season, flying more under the radar than recent seasons, Wilson looking healthy and phenomenal, and the combo of Rawls/Prosice/Carson/ Lacy, can actually work in a big way if used right....And I think Graham puts together his best yet Seattle season
We've been seeing a lot of energy from the team this year over here. It looks like a REALLY deep team this season. Extremely tough choices to make at RB, WR, and DL. There will be some teams out there that immediately get better by picking up some of the players that Seattle will cut in the next 24 hours.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round pick for one year of Richardson seems steep. But it would depend on how he performs too....and in that Seattle D he might shine. But he seems like a guy that would be earning a 4th or 5th comp pick when all is said and done so trading from the 2nd round to potentially the 5th round the following year seems pretty steep price to pay for 1 year of Richardson at his high dollar amount. But like I said, he really does have the potential to shine in that D.

For the Jet's this is a huge win. Getting something next year for a guy they obviously have no interest in resigning after this year was a good get. Especially a 2nd rounder and a body filler at a position where they needed bodies.

Jet's might have the worst roster we have seen in the NFL in the last decade.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an already stout defense just got better

dem sunzabitches

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting deal for Seattle. Richardson is good DL, no doubt, but they gave up a 2018 2nd rd pick for a guy that is in the last year of his deal. After the season, Richardson could walk, leaving Seattle with, at most, comp pick in 2019 at the end of the 3rd rd.

He has a lot of incentive to have a good year though, also, if he does produce I can see Pete and John finding a way to keep him....

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a lot of incentive to have a good year though, also, if he does produce I can see Pete and John finding a way to keep him....
True, he's got incentive to excel, but if he plays well, you can bet his demands will be steep. There is already talk that a good season could see him demand a deal bigger than the 17M/year deal Wilkerson got. Then again, Seattle could tag him for 14 or so.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Seattle had a few more seasons to make a legit run...now I can't see anybody above them in the NFC at least this season. All things equal, they may be the overall favourite.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, he's got incentive to excel, but if he plays well, you can bet his demands will be steep. There is already talk that a good season could see him demand a deal bigger than the 17M/year deal Wilkerson got. Then again, Seattle could tag him for 14 or so.
And if he gets $17M a year in 2018 somewhere else, then Seattle's comp pick is probably a 3rd rounder. They gave up a 2nd. I would say that would be worth it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True ...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for the Hawks. But if he has a good year I can't see a way for Seattle to maintain what they have and sign Richardson to a new deal.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he gets $17M a year in 2018 somewhere else, then Seattle's comp pick is probably a 3rd rounder. They gave up a 2nd. I would say that would be worth it.
Plus we get to swap the highly valued 7th rounders as well.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for the Hawks. But if he has a good year I can't see a way for Seattle to maintain what they have and sign Richardson to a new deal.
We've been hearing that line of thinking for quite some time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jimmy Graham is a free agent next year, so unless Seattle decides to resign him I'd think they could work out a way to keep Richardson. He has to play very well this year too before people are going to pay him $15M+. And as others have mentioned if Seattle lets Richardson walk for that amount of money Seattle will surely get a 3rd round compensatory. Considering the 2nd they gave up is likely to be very late in the 2nd round, really not that big of a deal.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On paper it's a good trade for the Hawks. They get a player that should be motivated to play well and my philosophy is recognize when your window is open do what you can to maximize your chances of cashing it in.

I say on paper because there is a reason Richardson didn't have a robust trade market and you are rolling the dice on a guy with some character concerns. Don't forget the Harvin trade was a big win for them on paper that wound up being a flop and the Graham trade hasn't been a flop but they haven't gotten the Saint's production and impact from Graham as of yet.

But for Seattle at the end of the day they'll go as far as their offensive line will take them. If their offensive line can at least be stable and solid I'll say they are a favorite to make the Super Bowl. If their offensive line is porous they'll be in trouble because in the playoffs you're going to run into great defenses and great front 7s and it's tough to win out in the playoffs with a bad offensive line.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper it's a good trade for the Hawks. They get a player that should be motivated to play well and my philosophy is recognize when your window is open do what you can to maximize your chances of cashing it in.

I say on paper because there is a reason Richardson didn't have a robust trade market and you are rolling the dice on a guy with some character concerns. Don't forget the Harvin trade was a big win for them on paper that wound up being a flop and the Graham trade hasn't been a flop but they haven't gotten the Saint's production and impact from Graham as of yet.

But for Seattle at the end of the day they'll go as far as their offensive line will take them. If their offensive line can at least be stable and solid I'll say they are a favorite to make the Super Bowl. If their offensive line is porous they'll be in trouble because in the playoffs you're going to run into great defenses and great front 7s and it's tough to win out in the playoffs with a bad offensive line.
All the Seahawks need from the OL is to be middle of the pack. If they can get decent run blocking ( not great just decent) and not be a complete turnstile at pass blocking, could be a very nice season.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Premature speculation at best.