• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher Football

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee you that Kroneke is going to eff this thing up big time. Just give him time. He'll figure out a way to screw the Rams players and fans as long as he gets his money.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee you that Kroneke is going to eff this thing up big time. Just give him time. He'll figure out a way to screw the Rams players and fans as long as he gets his money.

I thought he was already screwing us?

Did I mention, my butt hurts?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Too funny Smed. He'll just turn up the intensity and you won't sit for weeks.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Too funny Smed. He'll just turn up the intensity and you won't sit for weeks.

Im almost at the point that he has me so reamed out, I barely feel it anymore, in the mean time I have a keg O lube on my Xmas list, so hopefully that will help!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXCELLENT SMED. LOVE THE AVITAR. Now we are talkin!!! A keg O lube? Seriously? LOL!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im almost at the point that he has me so reamed out, I barely feel it anymore, in the mean time I have a keg O lube on my Xmas list, so hopefully that will help!

upload_2015-12-23_12-25-30.jpeg

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the Rams play like emoticons. I'm always surprised when the Rams win. Not expecting any more wins this season, but one day the football gods will smile upon us and we will be reminded why we love this damn team so much.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the Rams play like emoticons. I'm always surprised when the Rams win. Not expecting any more wins this season, but one day the football gods will smile upon us and we will be reminded why we love this damn team so much.

That Niners game to end the season could be really ugly. Rams should win, but it's the kind of game they lose lately. That would improve draft position, so sad to say I could care less at this point, especially since there is no chance of it being televised locally. Only one Rams game has been televised here in NY; last week's Thursday game. I guess if it can only be one, not the worst performance to watch!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BenFred: Fisher's job security simply stunning

Black Monday started early.

Philadelphia's firing of Chip Kelly (26-21) is already gathering dust alongside the in-season dismissals of Joe Philbin, 24-28 at Miami, and Ken Whisenhunt, 3-20 at Tennessee.

On Sunday, Cleveland's Mike Pettine (10-22) and San Francisco's Jim Tomsula (6-11) were stripped of their headsets after their final game.

And more coaching dominoes are expected to fall today, as the NFL's annual bloodletting rolls on.

Yet there is no indication St. Louis plans to can Jeff Fisher, whose four-year record with the Rams dropped to 27-36-1 with Sunday's season-ending overtime loss to San Francisco.

Yes, the 49ers fired their coach two hours after they beat the Rams. Tells you what people think of the Rams.

The 49ers, along with the Dolphins, Eagles and others, could be accused of hitting eject too soon.

Meanwhile, Rams owner Stan Kroenke seems asleep at the wheel — or so determined to make it to Los Angeles that he's ignoring the smoke billowing from his hood.

Kroenke keeps pouring $7 million per year into a coach who can't drive his team out of the ditch. Maybe he likes watching the wheels spin.

If Fisher, who has led the Rams to records of 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10 and 7-9, coaches another game for the Rams, he can accomplish something only two other coaches have pulled off since the NFL and AFL merged in 1970.

He could become the third coach to start a fifth season after not leading his team to a winning record in each of his first four.

And if he makes it all the way through the fifth and final year of his current contract, he could stand alone.

David Shula, who took over the Bengals in 1992, went 5-11, 3-13, 3-13 and 7-9. He was released after he lost six of his first seven games in 1996.

Lou Saban, hired by the Broncos before the 1967 season, went 3-11, 5-9, 5-8-1 and 5-8-1. He resigned after a 2-6-1 start in 1971.

Fisher is hot on their heels. Nothing, it appears, can derail his quest for the Teflon Trophy. It would be remarkable, if it wasn't so maddening.

Fisher's Rams have star power like Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley. They can stand up to any team on any given Sunday — they beat Seattle twice! But they can't field a solid quarterback, they cough up too many games they should win, and they always end up here. Out of the playoffs. Out of excuses.

"Rams finish 7-9 in 2015-16 season," former Rams receiver Torry Holt tweeted Sunday. "According to Jeff Fisher, they'll 'fix it.'"

That's what the Fisher era in St. Louis has come to. Members of the Greatest Show on Turf taking Twitter pot shots. Holt's not alone.

As soon as 49ers kicker Phil Dawson mercifully ended Sunday's game, people raced to social media to crack jokes about Fisher's knack for coaching .500 football. They didn't realize Fisher hasn't hit .500 since his second-to-last season with the Titans in 2009. His last playoff preceded that by a year.

RAMS REPORT CARD: That's another F, Jeff

Fisher's .430 winning percentage with the Rams ranks dead last among active coaches who have been with their teams at least four seasons.

Sixth-year Cowboys' coach Jason Garrett (.511) is the closest, and he had three 8-8 seasons under his belt before a 12-4 finish in 2014 that included two playoff games. Fisher hasn't won a playoff game since the 2003 Titans finished 12-4.

As Black Monday victims clean out their desks, fresh coaching candidates emerge. Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase. Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott. Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson.

Every name makes you wonder, what if?

It's more fun than waiting on more of the same.

“There were a lot of bright spots," Fisher told reporters Sunday. "We have a good group of young players. We played our offensive line for the future, our running back for the future."

How many other losing coaches get to reference "the future" at the end of year four?