• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher Football

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually UVA, Fred Dreyer has the best suggestion I have heard to date and he floated it years ago when the Queen idiot died and wussie boy bought the remaining shares of the team from Steven Rosenbloom. Dreyer wanted to get a coalition of ex-players that live primarily near the LA area such as himself, Jack Youngblood, Vince Ferragamo, and others to buy the team and move it back to LA. They were lacking money of course and the suggestion went by the wayside but could you image the Rams being owned by those guys and several others?

Sure sounds good, but the problem is people's egos get in the way. Who gets the final say? Will they let the GM make all the football decisions and not get in his way? Will they have enough money to produce a winner? Just some of the few questions I have.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be interesting. At least you know that we'd have ownership that actually cared about the team for a change instead of themselves. But I assume that they'd need to find someone with a lot of money to be the main backer (preferably one that knows that winning means more money in everyone's pocket). Out there in LA, I'm sure there's quite a few.

Yeah, they would need a big money backer, and his main motivation is getting a return on his investment.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson's group is not interested in multiple sports teams ownership. They have already stated as much.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Schefter, the Rams want Fisher back, but he might not want to come back to the Rams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Schefter, the Rams want Fisher back, but he might not want to come back to the Rams.
Dont care how it happens. Just make it happen.

Rams passing offense is worse than the team thats been using Gabbert and Kaerpernick.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, here is the article.

Reports: Rams won’t fire Jeff Fisher
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 17, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
wzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptbmzwvimjg5yjm1ymmzntyyzmjlyzq4zgu1zgqzyte0-e1447117271344.jpeAP
Jeff Fisher is in his fourth year as coach of the Rams, and it’s his fourth losing season in St. Louis. But that doesn’t mean he’s on the hot seat.

According to two reports today, Fisher’s job is safe with the Rams. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that both Fisher and General Manager Les Snead are safe for 2016. Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that the Rams want Fisher to return, although Schefter left open the possibility that Fisher might decide on his own that he wants to step away.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke is focused on the possibility of moving his team to Los Angeles and may not want the distractions that go into hiring a new coach. If the team does move to L.A., Kroenke might want Fisher as the coach because Fisher grew up there and played at USC.

The flip side is, Kroenke could decide to completely clean house and start from scratch. That would mean Fisher, Snead and Rams Executive V.P. of Football Operations Kevin Demoff would all be on the hot seat.

For Kroenke, the first priority is figuring out where his team will play in 2016. The second priority is figuring out who will run his team in 2016.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Kroenke took over, it has been a nightmare you can't wake up from. The undeniable lack of concern, the no accountability, is just so sad for the fans. If Fisher stays, the shit storm of criticism that will come will be epic. Who else can not produce not one winning season in their four seasons as head coach and keep their job. It won't be fun for Fisher, the magament just doesn't care. More and more players will tune him out, the ones that stay even though they know management aren't trying to win. This is the he saddest time in Rams football, I almost want to quit being a fan, like the management has quit on us.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Fisher and Snead will be back next year. Not really a surprise though. The owner has been a little busy with other Business besides the team.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, here is the article.

Reports: Rams won’t fire Jeff Fisher
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 17, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
View attachment 66003AP
Jeff Fisher is in his fourth year as coach of the Rams, and it’s his fourth losing season in St. Louis. But that doesn’t mean he’s on the hot seat.

According to two reports today, Fisher’s job is safe with the Rams. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that both Fisher and General Manager Les Snead are safe for 2016. Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that the Rams want Fisher to return, although Schefter left open the possibility that Fisher might decide on his own that he wants to step away.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke is focused on the possibility of moving his team to Los Angeles and may not want the distractions that go into hiring a new coach. If the team does move to L.A., Kroenke might want Fisher as the coach because Fisher grew up there and played at USC.

The flip side is, Kroenke could decide to completely clean house and start from scratch. That would mean Fisher, Snead and Rams Executive V.P. of Football Operations Kevin Demoff would all be on the hot seat.

For Kroenke, the first priority is figuring out where his team will play in 2016. The second priority is figuring out who will run his team in 2016.

:tsk::L:gaah::mad2::sadbron::burt::lm::pout::frusty::(:censored::yell:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Snead and the players he's brought in. I want him retained. But Fisher...yeeks.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't like about Fisher is how relaxed and chill he is on the sideline compared to other good coaches. Yeah Bellicheat is pretty chill, but he lets the players and refs have it at the right time.

This "laid back" style of Fisher is the reason these young players are so hot and cold IMO. It makes sense why he's a lifetime .500 coach and why the Rams are so hot and cold/inconsistent.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't like about Fisher is how relaxed and chill he is on the sideline compared to other good coaches. Yeah Bellicheat is pretty chill, but he lets the players and refs have it at the right time.

This "laid back" style of Fisher is the reason these young players are so hot and cold IMO. It makes sense why he's a lifetime .500 coach and why the Rams are so hot and cold/inconsistent.
I wish he was a .500 coach. 21 years as an NFL head coach and 6... SIX!!!!!!! winning seasons. If he could be a .500 coach I'd be a happy fan. :nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As viewers, I have to believe there is a lot to the story that we just don't know about. I see the dude from time to time all jacked up about a good play and that shows me the passion. That passion IMO has to go both ways.

My problem with Fisher is his in ability to step on the throat of his foe. Hell if you have a 20-3 half time lead, most of the time you should end up 40-6 or near there, not end up at 31-23 with the opposition in striking distance!

Just continue to dance in the second half with the one who brought you!

That way you wont find yourself in win or lose game situations at the end of games you dominated in the first half!

This philosophy allows your team to play just one way. And not learn a way that is much like chasing their tail!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping that idiot get fired......

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't and can't. With the move or no move up in the air, how can he be fired? No new coach will accept the Rams job under such circumstances. We will have to go with Fisher for at least the next year which will be the final year of his contract anyway. I want the tough coach also that will get the most from the players but if the Rams do move, Fisher just might be the best with a calming effect for the location change.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so i haven't been following the location non sense like that sooooo whats the deal.... IF the lambs move opening day next yr will be in LA?? or 2017?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine, that may or may not be decided on January 12 & 13. Wisdom says that the NFL punts it for a year but I like most Rams, Chargers and Raiders fans would like to just think football. Another year of discussion would make me ill but it might take that to settle the issues, such as: The Carson project is on a landfill, the owners hate the Rams owner, the Chargers and Raiders are in the same division..........and the list goes on:gaah: