• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Jazz Vs Lakers Tue, Oct 22

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost more excited for this season than I have been for any in a while. Seems strange since this is the first season in a while that a deep playoff/championship run isn't expected.

I'm excited to see what some of these young guys can do and who will likely be sticking around as part of the re-build!!

lol, it's funny how when you don't set the bar very high and a team does well in SPITE of that you get a little juiced. like the Chiefs before the season started and everybody and his brother picked them to be a 6-8 win team...now them NOT making the playoffs will almost take an effort...so hey, lightning could strike twice. but as long as L.A. concentrates on being COHESIVE i think they'll be just fine...

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was said earlier, Farmar looks polished....the best part about his play was that he was wanting to take charge in the 4th qtr with the close game and confidently pop those J's or taking it to rim....the move to Nets and Turkey did him a world of good looks like. All of a sudden, and yeah it's eeeearly I know, but the prospects of these youngins is looking brighter for this year and beyond. Athletic starting with Wesley, Farmar, Hill, Henry....

There are a lot of IF's to this season starting with Kobe but my hunch is they won't end up 12th and will make the playoffs. Nice blend of vets and young guns who are willing to play D and cover each other with no drama included. And making FT's at a nice clip as mentioned.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was said earlier, Farmar looks polished....the best part about his play was that he was wanting to take charge in the 4th qtr with the close game and confidently pop those J's or taking it to rim....the move to Nets and Turkey did him a world of good looks like. All of a sudden, and yeah it's eeeearly I know, but the prospects of these youngins is looking brighter for this year and beyond. Athletic starting with Wesley, Farmar, Hill, Henry....

There are a lot of IF's to this season starting with Kobe but my hunch is they won't end up 12th and will make the playoffs. Nice blend of vets and young guns who are willing to play D and cover each other with no drama included. And making FT's at a nice clip as mentioned.

12th my ass. screw the experts, Vegas AND that short, dopey troll. this team's playoff bound whether anyone likes it or not...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear all of you, LakersUSCBAM, LALakersBoy and CL67. This team is really playing well and they go deep into the bench. 74 points by the so-called bench. When was the last time the Lakers bench put up those kind of numbers? I hope this continues and I like the rotational units Don'tknowi is using. Kaman with Gasol and then with Hill. Sacre with Hill and Williams. Even Kelly, who looks lost at times, is playing with great enthusiasm.

And the backcourst has a real nice blend of youth and age. Nash, Kobe, Blake, and Meeks with Henry, Young, Harris, and Johnson. This team looks a lot like Phil and Jeannie put this together. I am really excited about this year and if we can stay healthy, I agree, we won't be sniffing around the tailend of any playoff endeavor.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time we see Wes doing his thing. I think this kid will shine in a Lakers uniform.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost more excited for this season than I have been for any in a while. Seems strange since this is the first season in a while that a deep playoff/championship run isn't expected.

I'm excited to see what some of these young guys can do and who will likely be sticking around as part of the re-build!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree 100% with you. I think losing Dwight was actually a good thing as now the distraction is gone and our boys can play free without the drama. One question I have is when is Kobe coming back and how will the minutes be distributed then?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree 100% with you. I think losing Dwight was actually a good thing as now the distraction is gone and our boys can play free without the drama. One question I have is when is Kobe coming back and how will the minutes be distributed then?

No return date for Kobe. He has scaled things back a little since the China trip. The Achilles is fine. Just making sure the surrounding muscles are good to go. I think he's back no later than the start of December.

When he does come back, he starts. I would then bring Young off the bench to be that instant offense bench player. Young could be a 6-man of the year candidate.