• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Jones

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad to see James Jones go. I've been a fan of his since he was drafted in '07, and I was one of the few who stood behind him when he had that rough season with the drops a few years ago. By all accounts, a great teammate and citizen. Best of luck to him in Oakland.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss him as well but he is replaceable. I fully expect us to take a WR in this year's draft unless the team is sold on Dorsey, Cunningham or White.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad to see James Jones go. I've been a fan of his since he was drafted in '07, and I was one of the few who stood behind him when he had that rough season with the drops a few years ago. By all accounts, a great teammate and citizen. Best of luck to him in Oakland.

I agree. Read a lot of comments on FB and people were blasting him. I used to be proud of Packer fans, lately i'm a bit disgusted by a lot of them. I don't think we'd win any "most loyal" or "smartest" football fan competitions anymore :(

What wasn't to like about James Jones? He worked hard, he had an issue with drops (though he'd make big plays as well) and he acknowledged it, worked his ass off at it, and came back better. Didn't bitch when he was a FA, never complained about contract, or lack of targets.

He was a total team player, went about business the right way, and he was a great guy in the community. He gives as much as he gets, which is more than most of us posting anywhere. GB has some good WR's upcoming, and 2 that are younger and more important right now. He became expendable and was able to get a good contract somewhere else. Good for him. I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Read a lot of comments on FB and people were blasting him. I used to be proud of Packer fans, lately i'm a bit disgusted by a lot of them. I don't think we'd win any "most loyal" or "smartest" football fan competitions anymore :(

What wasn't to like about James Jones? He worked hard, he had an issue with drops (though he'd make big plays as well) and he acknowledged it, worked his ass off at it, and came back better. Didn't bitch when he was a FA, never complained about contract, or lack of targets.

He was a total team player, went about business the right way, and he was a great guy in the community. He gives as much as he gets, which is more than most of us posting anywhere. GB has some good WR's upcoming, and 2 that are younger and more important right now. He became expendable and was able to get a good contract somewhere else. Good for him. I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Agreed. He was a lunch pail kind of guy. Compeltely blue collar in the sense that he came to work and did his job everyday. We alwasy knew what we could get from him and I will miss him. Thankfully that is one position that im not very worried about for the future.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping the Packers could sign him. They've gone from extremely stacked to extremely thin at the position in 2 years.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James was a good dude and I'll miss him. Hopefully Cobb and Jordy remain healthy for the full season and we get somebody legit in the first few rounds of the draft. I'm not sure Boykin is enough of a gamer to assume the slot role.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll miss Jones, but he wasn't a necessity. Paying Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb are the necessities. Jarrett Boykin can play, and it's time to see what we've got in Kevin Dorsey or take another guy in a later round.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. A good player, always gave top effort. Not the brightest dude (see: JJ, the worst Packers TV show host of ALL TIME), and that hindered his overall development. Solid.