• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamal Adams done for the year

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here lets just list facts
Jamal Adams Contract is 4 years for 72 million - This is FACT
Jamal's AVERAGE per year value of said contract is 17.5 Million - this is FACT.

Or we could say Wilson's contract pays him WAY less than what he signed. - False

Contract-a written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales, or tenancy, that is intended to be enforceable by law.

Yes, that is the contract. But the reality is that he will never see the last 2 years of the deal as per the way the NFL structures contracts. No "fudging numbers" or whatever bs you are claiming, just the rules and regulations of the league.

It is 3 years - $34.22 million. The remaining two years will never come to fruition as they currently stand. Those 2 years of $23.11 and $24.11 million are nothing but an illusion. They might as well have written in a billion because it means nothing.

You already know this. I don't know why you don't want to acknowledge it. But whatever.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is the contract. But the reality is that he will never see the last 2 years of the deal as per the way the NFL structures contracts. No "fudging numbers" or whatever bs you are claiming, just the rules and regulations of the league.

It is 3 years - $34.22 million. The remaining two years will never come to fruition as they currently stand. Those 2 years of $23.11 and $24.11 million are nothing but an illusion. They might as well have written in a billion because it means nothing.

You already know this. I don't know why you don't want to acknowledge it. But whatever.

That contract is Reality, now do players get cut, Yes! do they get released or traded? Yes! that still does not change the fact that his contract States it is a 4 year deal at 72 million total value THAT is the reality, Not a if and or what if reality.

******Braking news Joe Blow signs a 500 million 5 year contract making him the highest paid player ever but in reality he may never see that money because real life stuff and what if's Also the dunebug jitters resigned Tom Hancock for 4 years 40 million dollar contract but most believe he will be cut 2 years down the road so he wont see all that so it's only a 20 million salary.******

I mean are you trying to start a new trend of saying - well if "this or if that" happens and "this or that" is reality to "Me" even though it has not happened yet, then it has to be reality to everyone right now. Right? lol

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% correct... That will never happen... He won't be here the last 2 years unless he restructures...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That contract is Reality, now do players get cut, Yes! do they get released or traded? Yes! that still does not change the fact that his contract States it is a 4 year deal at 72 million total value THAT is the reality, Not a if and or what if reality.

******Braking news Joe Blow signs a 500 million 5 year contract making him the highest paid player ever but in reality he may never see that money because real life stuff and what if's Also the dunebug jitters resigned Tom Hancock for 4 years 40 million dollar contract but most believe he will be cut 2 years down the road so he wont see all that so it's only a 20 million salary.******

I mean are you trying to start a new trend of saying - well if "this or if that" happens and "this or that" is reality to "Me" even though it has not happened yet, then it has to be reality to everyone right now. Right? lol
Not a new trend. This is how NFL contracts are structuted. The last 2 years are irrelevant.

I'm not making this up or rewriting how the NFL does things.

John Clayton and all the sports reporters at KJR fully stated the exact same thing. If you don't like it, then take it up with them.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap hits are $5 million, $11.11, and then a bigger hit $18.11, but that is still 3 years and $34.22, which is actually slightly more than I stated.
I am saying they will not actually proceed with the $23.11 and $24.11 base salaries of the last 2 years of the deal on the cap.

I'm not positive but the 3 year $46.6 million out in the contract listed on sportrac appears to include the full bonus payout, which isn't what the cap hit is in each year.
Let me be clear on this: I don't care what the total value of the contract is, I only care what the cap hit is from year to year. I have already acknowledged the possible dead money cap hits as a negative.

There may be more details available now as opposed to when it was first announced, but I listened to an hour breakdown of the contract details with John Clayton and his conclusions were essentially what I am stating.

Well, at least your numbers are starting to make some sense. Now, If you would stop ignoring the $14.2 million in dead money that's still there when they cut him. You can't just ignore that money because you think it shouldn't count - that money has to be accounted for. Sure it's 14.2 against 2024, or 7.1 each 2024 & 2025 (if Seattle really wants to stick it to Adams on the way out the door). There's just no way around it, but if he plays for 3 years for Seattle, they have to account for $46.6 million dollars.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to note that I believe that it was structured this way because PC and JS are not planning to be around for this. I think they went all in with the intention of leaving after 2 more years regardless of what happens.

I wonder why you think that. Pete is contracted through 2025 and John 2027. I know there's talk of a shake up - but these are new extensions, and so there wouldn't have been any reason for either of them to think that they wouldn't be here to make decisions about the contract in 2024.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least your numbers are starting to make some sense. Now, If you would stop ignoring the $14.2 million in dead money that's still there when they cut him. You can't just ignore that money because you think it shouldn't count - that money has to be accounted for. Sure it's 14.2 against 2024, or 7.1 each 2024 & 2025 (if Seattle really wants to stick it to Adams on the way out the door). There's just no way around it, but if he plays for 3 years for Seattle, they have to account for $46.6 million dollars.
I didn't ignore the dead money. I specifically stated that there is dead money.
Previously I thought it was $16 million dead money cap hit if cut in the last 2 years, but I see it listed as $14.2 on overthecap (as you are noting) and $12 on sportrac. But you are correct.
3 years at $34.22 million with a 2 year dead money hit of $6 to $7.1 (depending on the source).
I have never denied that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes teams have always "done this" and the contracts have ALWAYS been reported for their "FULL VALUE" not some what if scenario thats why I ask if you are trying to start a new trend just to "back up" your invalid points?

Fact is He signed a 72 million 4 year contract (17.5 average per year ..easy math), Tell us all now how he did not sign a 4 year 72 million dollar contract again. It's not like he has VOID years on his contract.

Dude is making on average more than 5 million more per year than Kam's best contract. Flat out stupid. Jake are you just upset because I said before they signed him it would cost at least 17 mill to do so and you all said no way? They gave up SO MUCH CAPITAL they HAD to sign him and he knew it.

Anyway the seasons not over and Maybe Adams plays lights out and proves his worth the rest of the season ... oh wait .. damn, i forgot he is injury prone now just like our RB's.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years at $34.22 million with a 2 year dead money hit of $6 to $7.1 (depending on the source).
I have never denied that.

He has 38 million GUARANTEED!! now add in his 20 mill signing bonus yeah that is fully paid even if he is not on the team. Also are you still counting his final year on his OLD contract in your figures? sure seems like it. What does the APY say below?bloated.PNG

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Go ahead and believe that the Seahawks will pay him base salaries of $47.22 million + the bonus money in the last 2 years of the deal of it helps you feel "better". It will never happen, but whatever at this point.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real OUT year is 2024. Thats the first time there would be a savings with the dead cap money of 14 mill but they would save 9.3 million. Like I stated before and repeatedly this is pulling the "What if" card. We are not here looking at "what ifs" because NO ONE looks at What If's when talking about APY! ( Average per year )

again tell us how Adams contract is not a 17.5 APY with out pulling the "what if" card.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Go ahead and believe that the Seahawks will pay him base salaries of $47.22 million + the bonus money in the last 2 years of the deal of it helps you feel "better". It will never happen, but whatever at this point.

You keep saying his base salary is $23 & $24 million his last 2 years. This is one reason I can't take your numbers seriously. Those are his cap numbers, his base salary those two years are $16.5 and $17.5 million. You can't even distinguish between his base salary and his cap number.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying his base salary is $23 & $24 million his last 2 years. This is one reason I can't take your numbers seriously. Those are his cap numbers, his base salary those two years are $16.5 and $17.5 million. You can't even distinguish between his base salary and his cap number.
Ok. I misspoke and stated base when it should have been total. Thanks for the correction. It still doesn't change the final outcome of the last 2 years: reworked/traded/or cut with the ramifications of the dead money depending on that. It also doesn't change the fact that it is essentially 3 year - $34 million deal with final 2 years being fodder.

I'm not pushing the point anymore. If you guys still have an issue with this then take it up with the professor. He stated all of the same.
@JohnClaytonNFL

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I misspoke and stated base when it should have been total. Thanks for the correction. It still doesn't change the final outcome of the last 2 years: reworked/traded/or cut with the ramifications of the dead money depending on that. It also doesn't change the fact that it is essentially 3 year - $34 million deal with final 2 years being fodder.

I'm not pushing the point anymore. If you guys still have an issue with this then take it up with the professor. He stated all of the same.
@JohnClaytonNFL

you can say this about EVERY CONTRACT! it's just hyper bowl and what ifs there is NO FACTS other than looking at past history. "well this and this and that happened so this and that most likely happens here also so this is the truth" No the truth is like we stated the APY ( average per year )is 17.5 million! But you keep saying it's not. You say he wont see all that, guess what you are right because Injuries and missed games and being cut for sucking lowers that number but that doesn't change the fact that his APY is 17.5 million.

When he is gone only then will we know what his total salary was as of right now it's worth APY of 17.5 million. He may last his whole contract and if he does that's good it means he stopped being a middle of the pack SS that cant cover and he earned his whole bloated over priced contract. But lets not forget the two first round picks and the 3rd and a more than competent all though not a pro-bowl Safety we gave up.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with 2020 first round the hawks could have traded down for more picks and picked up the best rookie safety in the NFL this year Jevon Holland.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can say this about EVERY CONTRACT! it's just hyper bowl and what ifs there is NO FACTS other than looking at past history. "well this and this and that happened so this and that most likely happens here also so this is the truth" No the truth is like we stated the APY ( average per year )is 17.5 million! But you keep saying it's not. You say he wont see all that, guess what you are right because Injuries and missed games and being cut for sucking lowers that number but that doesn't change the fact that his APY is 17.5 million.

When he is gone only then will we know what his total salary was as of right now it's worth APY of 17.5 million. He may last his whole contract and if he does that's good it means he stopped being a middle of the pack SS that cant cover and he earned his whole bloated over priced contract. But lets not forget the two first round picks and the 3rd and a more than competent all though not a pro-bowl Safety we gave up.
I understand. You view the contract out as a hypothetical at the moment while I view it as a strong likelyhood. Just a difference in philosophy.
Keep on believing!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 38 million GUARANTEED!! now add in his 20 mill signing bonus yeah that is fully paid even if he is not on the team. Also are you still counting his final year on his OLD contract in your figures? sure seems like it. What does the APY say below?View attachment 284812
So if things go really south cut him after the 2023 season. Ideally we want him to stay somewhat healthy so he can be cut of the 2024 season.