• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jake Arrieta tonight and beyond?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call, tlance! The bad Jake is dead. Long live the good Jake, particularly if he's traded to a contender with a good offense and a reliable pen!

I doubt he gets traded now.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Can't imagine that the Cubs are not sellers and that Arrieta is among the most valuable assets as the deadline approaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah redsox was indeed the less fearful matchup lol.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Can't imagine that the Cubs are not sellers and that Arrieta is among the most valuable assets as the deadline approaches.

I was thinking about this, and I agree with tlance. With all the young talent they have on the brink of coming up, why trade Arrieta? If he is truly breaking out, he can be a cornerstone of the pitching staff. I don't know how long he's under contract for, but at this point, he's gotta be pretty cheap.

The Shark (I refuse to spell his name anymore) is a different story, I think.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this, and I agree with tlance. With all the young talent they have on the brink of coming up, why trade Arrieta? If he is truly breaking out, he can be a cornerstone of the pitching staff. I don't know how long he's under contract for, but at this point, he's gotta be pretty cheap.

Also, the Shark (good call Chef) is a little overrated IMO. Solid MLB pitcher for sure, but not a staff ace. Despite Arrieta's amazing run, he will not return as much for the Cubs because he lacks the track record. Long term, he might end up being better although that is an awfully big leap of faith.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp he owned the Red Sox last night! :doh:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

totally agree jake has 2 more arb years sama has 1 and hammel is a FA This could be a good rotation for next few years They need a cpl big bats in their line up and could contend plus some BP help and cubs got plenty of money to spend payroll is estimated at 74 mil next year and was 140 mil in 2010:suds: