• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaguars released Garrard

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree on all points. I just posted Glazer's opinion on the Manning thread - this is not looking good for Peyton. Earlier this morning Colts owner changed his tune from Peyton being 'out for the opener' to him being 'out for awhile'.

It'll be hard for the 49ers to compete with the desperate Colts, or the needy Bengals for Garrard. Obviously they could if they really really wanted to, with that 15 million cap space. If they were willing to do that though, they would have just picked him up off of waivers and paid the 8 million dollars.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It'll be hard for the 49ers to compete with the desperate Colts, or the needy Bengals for Garrard. Obviously they could if they really really wanted to, with that 15 million cap space. If they were willing to do that though, they would have just picked him up off of waivers and paid the 8 million dollars.

If I understand the waiver process correctly, then Garrard could/would have went straight from being released to being a free agent due to his tenure - I think.

Aside from that, I once again agree with the Colts & Bengals being two of the interested parties; I also think the speculation that the 49ers are one of those teams is not far fetched at all.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to imagine the Colts are one of those teams. They'd be crazy not to pick him up and cut Collins. There is no guarantee that Manning can even come back from his nerve damage injury. Last night on Showtime's Inside the NFL, Lombardi listed around three guys who had to retire from a similar injury.

Collins? HA, if i were a Colts fan, i would rather cut Painter... he's a joke. Bring back Siorgi!!!

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Collins? HA, if i were a Colts fan, i would rather cut Painter... he's a joke. Bring back Siorgi!!!

I think that statement is a joke. While Collins is nothing special, Painter and Siorgi couldn't hold his jock.