• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaguars released Garrard

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure that isn't going to happen so I doubt he lands here. I'm sure he's looking to start no matter where he goes.

Agreed! My point was expressed as a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question - that's all.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be interesting if the Colts try to sign him especially with the uncertainty in Manning's health... Don't you think Garrard would love to stick it to his former team?

I was thinking the Colts might take a shot at him, but I also think they'd have to wait for him to clear waivers. I don't know their salary cap situation, but I'd be shocked if they have room for an 8 million dollar bandaid until Manning can play.

Colts were desperate enough to lure Collins out of retirement, surely Gerrard is tempting to them.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the Colts might take a shot at him, but I also think they'd have to wait for him to clear waivers. I don't know their salary cap situation, but I'd be shocked if they have room for an 8 million dollar bandaid until Manning can play.

Colts were desperate enough to lure Collins out of retirement, surely Gerrard is tempting to them.

They already have Jerry Hughes lol.

dasharpest1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shocking is right... Did Gabbert look that good? or is there an injury that Garrad is not recovering from?

But wow, shocker of the week IMO. Did not see that coming at all. Oh he'll sign with the RAYYYYYYYdurrrrssss

That wouldn't be a shocker. lol

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would pick him up and get him ready to start as soon as possible. The 49ers can keep him AS and CK on the roster.
I don't see the downside.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would pick him up and get him ready to start as soon as possible. The 49ers can keep him AS and CK on the roster.
I don't see the downside.

If Harbaugh is willing to park Kap behind Smith, then he would put him behind Garrard just the same. While I do not see this happening at all, if it did, IMO, Smith would get the release, not Tolzien. That said, I agree, picking up Garrard would improve our power ranking immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would Garrard fit our offense? i don't know what they run in jacksonville

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would Garrard fit our offense? i don't know what they run in jacksonville

Good question. If the Luke McCown connection is any indication, then perhaps there is some similarity?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jacksonville doesn't run a WCO but I think he has the tools to fit into the WCO. I understand that he is accurate with his short passes and moves well. It is too bad they couldn't have gotten him a few weeks ago.
A little winning would be refreshing and I just can't see either rookie doing much this year and Smith is what he is.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you got Josh McCown confused with Luke

Oh Good Lord!! I can't figure out how to use the damn 'List Feature' for posting stats and now I can't figure out the difference between Luke & Josh!!

Bartender - Cut me off!!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll hold you to it.

According to SportsHoopla, I have now spread enough love around to the rest of the board that I was able to pay my debt in full... You, Sir, have been deservedly Repped!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to SportsHoopla, I have now spread enough love around to the rest of the board that I was able to pay my debt in full... You, Sir, have been deservedly Repped!

So...does that mean he's now been repped by everyone you've repped in the past? Or does he just get syphilis?