• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jags Owner Would "Absolutely" Sign Kaepernick

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the political stuff out of this.

Just remember Jay Cutler is a starting QB again in the league.....

True but Kaep wasn't an option there. You can't hire a guy in Miami who wears Fidel Castro shirts

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but Kaep wasn't an option there. You can't hire a guy in Miami who wears Fidel Castro shirts

You're right there, but a group of 50 coaches and execs think Kaep is better than 5 current starting QBs. Josh McCown, Tom Savage, Blake Bortles, Jared Goff and Brian Hoyer.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right there, but a group of 50 coaches and execs think Kaep is better than 5 current starting QBs. Josh McCown, Tom Savage, Blake Bortles, Jared Goff and Brian Hoyer.

That's questionable even though I agree. But the Jets are trying to tank so why would they want a guy who can help them win an extra game or two and ruin their draft slot? The Rams have to give Goff a shot and hope he comes around or the GM might get tossed out. I don't know if Savage will beat out Watson and already said that's a good spot for Kaep as their defense alone will win them enough games to keep them from a premiere draft pick and blue chip QB. The Niners aren't going down that road again and also are probably looking to tank.

Bortles is going to be given one more shot but I see no reason not to bring Kaep in there except for maybe fear his idiot girlfriend will start some campaign to get him named starter. Do you really want your starting QB who you picked 3rd over all to have Kaep and his supporters looking over his shoulder?

The more I think about it the more Houston makes sense. Watson was just picked and has time so he won't be looking over his shoulder.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's questionable even though I agree. But the Jets are trying to tank so why would they want a guy who can help them win an extra game or two and ruin their draft slot? The Rams have to give Goff a shot and hope he comes around or the GM might get tossed out. I don't know if Savage will beat out Watson and already said that's a good spot for Kaep as their defense alone will win them enough games to keep them from a premiere draft pick and blue chip QB. The Niners aren't going down that road again and also are probably looking to tank.

Bortles is going to be given one more shot but I see no reason not to bring Kaep in there except for maybe fear his idiot girlfriend will start some campaign to get him named starter. Do you really want your starting QB who you picked 3rd over all to have Kaep and his supporters looking over his shoulder?

The more I think about it the more Houston makes sense. Watson was just picked and has time so he won't be looking over his shoulder.

I'm not saying Kaep NEEDS to be a starter, but he's definitely backup worthy. The Jets are gonna get the first pick if they have anything to say about it lol. The Rams and 49ers won't sign him. Rams because they drafted Goff, 49ers for obvious reasons. The Jags have the cap space to sign him but I don't think they will. Kaepernick is definitely better than Savage, Watson is a mobile QB and he can learn from Kaepernick who is also a mobile QB but I don't think they have the cap space due to still paying that jail sentence that is Osweiler's contract. On paper, teams like the Bills, Ravens and Vikings who have no depth at the QB position should think about signing him. The Bills signed Keith Wenning, a QB who hasn't play a single down yet. From a football perspective, I don't understand it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah never thought he was. Just referring to the fact how poor the position is currently in the NFL that a team is desperate to pay Cutler enough money to come out of retirement. For that matter overpay Matt Stafford who never won a playoff game.

If the talent level, in the NFL, was there the discussions around Kaep would not exist.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Kaep NEEDS to be a starter, but he's definitely backup worthy. The Jets are gonna get the first pick if they have anything to say about it lol. The Rams and 49ers won't sign him. Rams because they drafted Goff, 49ers for obvious reasons. The Jags have the cap space to sign him but I don't think they will. Kaepernick is definitely better than Savage, Watson is a mobile QB and he can learn from Kaepernick who is also a mobile QB but I don't think they have the cap space due to still paying that jail sentence that is Osweiler's contract. On paper, teams like the Bills, Ravens and Vikings who have no depth at the QB position should think about signing him. The Bills signed Keith Wenning, a QB who hasn't play a single down yet. From a football perspective, I don't understand it.

It's been explained. Bad teams have nothing to gain by signing Kaep, at best he helps wins a game or two and they drop lower in the draft. Good teams have cap problems and backup QB aka the " clipboard holder" seems like a good spot to save money. Also IMO Kaep is vastly over rated by those pounding the table for him to get signed.:2cents:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really most Americans?

Or just a vocal minority?

I think the people who have a real issue with Kaepernick are misinformed as to what his protests really meant and also don't look at his on the field play. He played for a horrid 49ers team last year and still managed to throw for 16 TDs and only 4 INTs. Yeah, he's not the best decision maker, but he lead that team, along with Harbaugh, to two straight NFC title games and 1 Super Bowl. Once Harbaugh left, Kaep had two coaches who had no business being NFL coaches and shoulder surgery. In my opinion, the thought that Kaepernick is not a good QB is completely wrong.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been explained. Bad teams have nothing to gain by signing Kaep, at best he helps wins a game or two and they drop lower in the draft. Good teams have cap problems and backup QB aka the " clipboard holder" seems like a good spot to save money. Also IMO Kaep is vastly over rated by those pounding the table for him to get signed.:2cents:

I agree that bad teams have nothing to gain by signing him, but a team like Jacksonville has something to gain by signing him. They are a 4-6 win team in an okay division. But if someone signed Kaepernick and they started winning, momentum keeps rolling downhill and could change the outlook of a team's season. For Jacksonville, that could mean a .500 team, possibly in the playoff race. For a team like the Ravens, it could turn an 8-8 season with an injured Flacco and 2 crappy filler QBs into a possible, dare I say, AFC North championship.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...so it's politically based. No politics as this is the NFL forum. You wanna talk politics go on the PF.

Dude , you sound like you are about a dollar and half short of a dime !!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that bad teams have nothing to gain by signing him, but a team like Jacksonville has something to gain by signing him. They are a 4-6 win team in an okay division. But if someone signed Kaepernick and they started winning, momentum keeps rolling downhill and could change the outlook of a team's season. For Jacksonville, that could mean a .500 team, possibly in the playoff race. For a team like the Ravens, it could turn an 8-8 season with an injured Flacco and 2 crappy filler QBs into a possible, dare I say, AFC North championship.
Ravens have had so many injuries, I don't see them as being competitive. Also they got cap problems. Think if Kaep would be willing to sign for league minimum , he be a Raven already. Jags didn't draft a QB, so they were willing to give Bortles one last chance to rebound, if he doesn't.......next year draft is suppose to loaded with QBs. Bringing in a mediocre QB who doesn't fit the system, doesn't know the playbook and has no chemistry with the players doesn't really do anything for the Jags.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens have had so many injuries, I don't see them as being competitive. Also they got cap problems. Think if Kaep would be willing to sign for league minimum , he be a Raven already. Jags didn't draft a QB, so they were willing to give Bortles one last chance to rebound, if he doesn't.......next year draft is suppose to loaded with QBs. Bringing in a mediocre QB who doesn't fit the system, doesn't know the playbook and has no chemistry with the players doesn't really do anything for the Jags.

You wouldn't even bring him in as a backup? Give Kaepernick time to learn the playbook, get comfy with the offense and put him ahead of Henne?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't even bring him in as a backup? Give Kaepernick time to learn the playbook, get comfy with the offense and put him ahead of Henne?
If he would been willing to sign cheap at the beginning of OTA sure, but not now and I don't think Kaep wants to sign for dirt cheap, he thinks he's starting material.
Cutler had the same problem. Nobody gave him a sniff, so he became a media guy.:lol:
He got a break when Tannehill got hurt and his former OC thought he would worth a gamble.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he would been willing to sign cheap at the beginning of OTA sure, but not now and I don't think Kaep wants to sign for dirt cheap, he thinks he's starting material.
Cutler had the same problem. Nobody gave him a sniff, so he became a media guy.:lol:
He got a break when Tannehill got hurt and his former OC thought he would worth a gamble.

I just wish we could know how much Kaep is asking. If he's wanting starter salary then I can see why he's not getting signed. Cutler had that problem because he sucks donkey dick lol. The Dolphins think that he's the savior when in all actuality, they might win 6 games this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish we could know how much Kaep is asking. If he's wanting starter salary then I can see why he's not getting signed. Cutler had that problem because he sucks donkey dick lol. The Dolphins think that he's the savior when in all actuality, they might win 6 games this year.

Dolphins are kidding themselves into believing they are contenders. As far as Cutler and Kaep sucking donkey dicks, opinions vary. Both have their supporters, but the vast majority feel both suck donkey dicks.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you take up smoking weed Harold because you're talking like a buzzer !!!!!
Ravens D is suffocating this year and Joe has some new weapons that will elevate that O from the past 2 yrs....
Without him they've scored 67 points in 3 games and that D has only allowed 19...The starters have allowed 3....
And you don't think they'll be competitive ????
They were 1 last minute stretched arm from AB from winning the division last yr, as bad as things went the whole season......This year is a whole 'nother story, you better hurry up and believe that !!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you take up smoking weed Harold because you're talking like a buzzer !!!!!
Ravens D is suffocating this year and Joe has some new weapons that will elevate that O from the past 2 yrs....
Without him they've scored 67 points in 3 games and that D has only allowed 19...The starters have allowed 3....
And you don't think they'll be competitive ????
They were 1 last minute stretched arm from AB from winning the division last yr, as bad as things went the whole season......This year is a whole 'nother story, you better hurry up and believe that !!!!

Not trying to disrespect your team, but the injuries this off season for the Ravens have been numerous. Sure they may over come them, but it's a up hill battle. I know some here poo poo injuries, but it's one of the biggest factors on how a season goes IMO.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to disrespect your team, but the injuries this off season for the Ravens have been numerous. Sure they may over come them, but it's a up hill battle. I know some here poo poo injuries, but it's one of the biggest factors on how a season goes IMO.

We have depth at most of those positions and Ozzie always comes up with a few last minute signing from casualty cuts of other teams, we are sitting pretty well even with the injuries....Some bright new stars in the making ready to step up....Oline is my only concern and its not desperate.....Keep an ear out for Judon, Bowser, Hill, Correa and Onwassour, Mizzel....