• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ive never seen so many teams quit in an NFL Season

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a huge believer in Tannehill, although I dont argue for a second he is far better than Cutler

But Watson, Yes....an argument can be made that he should still win ROY just based off how the team has turned into one of the worst in the NFL

In hindsight, he probably would have been in real MVP conversation

Shame is, I dont know if we ever see a great version of him again

They weren't really that good with him though.

Just think about it for a second. As incredible as Watson was playing, the Texans had a losing record before he got hurt. They were 3-4. With Watson playing like the best rookie QB in history.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't really that good with him though.

Just think about it for a second. As incredible as Watson was playing, the Texans had a losing record before he got hurt. They were 3-4. With Watson playing like the best rookie QB in history.

Fair point, they did lose a couple of those outstanding games

Maybe the better way to say it is they went from one of the most exciting teams to one of the most boring

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the point of this thread, don’t agree with “so many teams” quitting. Maybe one or two could be tanking but most are losing close games. Look at the standings, it’s a dog fight in most divisions; no undefeated teams; many racing for PO position; fresh div leaders, etc.

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well a lot of it has to do with the fact that not many teams have players left to put onto the field... Injuries decimating the league this year

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning of the season, id say no chance they let him walk, now Ive completely flipflopped on it and this disaster of a season may make them cut ties with all the poisons in the lockeroom
I would've cut him after the dumb dog pissing celebration. Not just because that showed his immaturity but when asked after tge game if he'd keep doing celebrations that got his team penalized? He said something to the effect he'd keep doing whatever made him happy. Dude is a huge cancer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly DESTROYS New England this year

Scrap Bookin
I can't wait for the riot. Regardless of the outcome.
This is for 2010 through 2015 season. I've been too lazy to add last years numbers in there.

For 2010 - 2015 - the following are the AFC division records against teams in the other three AFC divisions.

AFC East: 82-62

AFC North: 75-69

AFC West: 73-71

AFC South: 58-86

Interestingly enough, the AFC East has the best extra-divisional record over that 6 year time period.

Again, let's be fair and take the awesome Pats out the equation.

For 2010-2015, here are the extra-divisional records, EXCLUDING the best team in each division for the given year. e.g. The Pats W/L is taken out for each of the six years while the Bengals is taken out for 2015, but not 2014 (because the Bengals won the North in 2015 but not 2014). This is basically what the Bills, Jets, and Phins (and their counterparts in the other divisions) did over the 6 years of 2010 - 2015.

AFC East: 52-56

AFC North: 50-58

AFC West: 50-58

AFC South: 37-71

Taking out the division leader's record, we see the AFC East is still 1st place and has the BEST RECORD against the other AFC teams than their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place counterparts. In other words, the Jets, Dolphins and Bills have been better over the last 6 years than the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams in the other 3 AFC divisions.

Number don't lie.
Good run down Cereal but you're wasting your time. These stats have been shown many times. But like the IGL some people just want to deny it.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The product in this league is getting worse and worse

Beginning with my Giants, watching Miami on national TV the last 3 weeks

Seems like so many teams have completely quit on the season

Miami didnt even try last night, they gave up like 300 yards rushing, it was like watching Oklahoma vs Kansas

This after that 40-0 loss to a bad Ravens team

Dont know if Adam Gase isnt the guy or if guys like Cutler and Suh ruin a teams culture, but damn

I do Know Mcadoo is not the guy in NY

this is the first time I've seen an owner quit on his team

GettyImages-499100416.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chad pennington
brett favre
jay cutler
drew bledsoe

4 decent QB's, 1 HOF lock, one maybe

before that we had marino and jim kelly who both sucked.

Come on! Just because those two QBs didn't luck into two rings behind a great D doesn't mean they sucked.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure, im not really talking about true SB or postseason contenders, Im talking about the teams that are heading or have been in the wrong direction

No way you can watch Miami last night and come to any other conclusion than this team wants no part of playing football tonight
Or the Gnats against the 49ers. Quitters

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers haven't quit but we need a new coach that make better use of the talent we have.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dirt in a nutshell (not the austin powers version)

loves boston, visits often.
loves the north end

thats where his "love" stops.

after that its a toilet bowl mix of hatred for the pats (envy?), disdain for the more recently successful sox....hes an atlanta hawks fan as well, not the knicks.

he only does hockey if the rangers are any good, or if my exwife is at an islanders game ready to take on all those men.

Hahaha

Explains a lot!! I've got several friends from NYC area that are carbon copies. It's probably why I get a kick out of triple D.

It's obvious where all this hatred comes from. Growing up in Boston was tough. All those Red Sox heartaches. The ineptness of the pats. The Bruins regularly losing to the Canadians. All we had were Bird and the Celtics. When Tommy boy came along and broke thru against the Rams it was the beginning of something special. Even when they won again against the Eagles and then then the Panthers the New Yorkers barely took notice. Why? Because the Yankees were still taking care of business against the sox. Aaron Boone was hitting walk off homers to keep the sox from winning. That made the New Yorkers "dismiss" the pats success.

That ALL changed in 04. For the first time in many adult Yankees lives they felt the pain of losing and they did so in dramatic and historic fashion. As sox fans we hae endured it. We could take it. They couldn't. In fact, they still can't today. The Red Sox winning the WS and in the process dismantling the Yankees with a historic choke ... well, it was unbearable for them. They thought it would all magically "go away" the following year. It didn't. In fact, Boston sports went on an epic run. The Bruins won the cup. The Red Sox won another WS and the pats kept winning but the Giants did win a couple of SBs. They cling to those as a way to try and "block" what the Yankees did but it doesn't work because the pats continue to enjoy success. They desperately want to minimize what Brady and the pats have done bc to admit it would admit that (for the first time in their lives) Boston sports are superior. Again, we grew up playing second fiddle. They were top dog. Not so today. Deep down they know it and they can't handle it.

It's tremendous to watch them scramble... to bring stuff from a decade ago like it happened yesterday... Like it's still relevant. They can't handle not being "the best". The fact is they have nobody like Brady or BB in their sports history. Jeter and Torre and Rivera were close but the Yankees always had the salary cap advantage over everyone. Football doesn't offer that advantage and it drives them crazy.

Let Triple D keep swinging... It's fun to watch.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The product in this league is getting worse and worse
to.....the guy in NY

You are out of touch.
It's just the "New York" teams that suck!
Jets, Buffalo and Giants They could make their own sucky division if Goodell didn't spread it all over the NFL.....
Try following the Patriots, they're doing pretty good!!!!!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Janoris Jenkins

Damn shame, one of the best corners, if not the best in the NFL last season

Big talk here is what you now do with a guy like that, this is why the Rams let such a talent walk

I was saying in the Rams/Giants game, I bet Janoris would love to be back on the other sideline. Nah, we are good.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams-Vikings game should prove a good test to see which of these teams are for real

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not just you. DT is one of those positions imo that's far overvalued in the NFL.

What makes this so apparent...Suh is actually playing pretty well when you watch his tape.

I can see why LAR have dragged this out with Aaron Donald who I think it the best at the position (I know the Rams went to a 34 with Phillips)...when you pay an interior DL $100 mil dollars it just wrecks the cap.

Starting with Haynesworth...that type of money spent on an interior DL typically ends badly.

Part of the reason Donald was paid last offseason, the Rams didn't have the cap space to commit. Expect him to be extended this offseason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason Donald was paid last offseason, the Rams didn't have the cap space to commit. Expect him to be extended this offseason.

Donald is probably the top rated DT in the game...you want to see those guys that out perform their rookie deal for many seasons get that big payday.

But, when those bigs get $100+ mil deals, it's just more challenging build around. Goff will soon be a $100 mil QB...Donald will be 2 or 3 yrs into his new deal by then. But who knows...maybe they will have a ring by then as well...then nobody cares!