• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ive never seen so many teams quit in an NFL Season

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC South (swapping with the Colts), NFC North (swapping with the Pack) definitely. Perhaps NFC North (swapping with the Steelers) although that is a much tougher call.

I agree on the AFC South, not so sure on the NFC North cause I still would think Stafford is significantly better than anything the East has seen in a long time........The North NOW, but the Ravens for quite some time had the Pats number so

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC South (swapping with the Colts), NFC North (swapping with the Pack) definitely. Perhaps NFC North (swapping with the Steelers) although that is a much tougher call.
AFC North is a good one too. 2008-2012 was when that division was really good and the Pats didn't win anything those years anyway.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I make love to Gisele? No deal

Well that would depend on what team they would be replacing. And the question doesn't really work because I'm replacing a sure-thing in dominating the AFC East with a question mark on whether or not they would dominate the other division. I'm confident they would, but obviously I'm 100% confident they dominated the AFC East. But, for argument's sake, the AFC South without thinking twice as long as they replace the Colts in the Manning years. And the NFC North and NFC West would be toss-ups.

Playing under the assumption they swap with the best team in that division

I could see the South, although I think Marriottas' Titans (althought not great) are probably better than what the East is putting out, but I still kinda agree

NFC West i dont see, the Rams now are significantly better than the East, and not so long ago, Arizona and SF were very good

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the AFC South, not so sure on the NFC North cause I still would think Stafford is significantly better than anything the East has seen in a long time........The North NOW, but the Ravens for quite some time had the Pats number so
Yeah but the Lions still suck.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see the South, although I think Marriottas' Titans (althought not great) are probably better than what the East is putting out, but I still kinda agree

NFC West i dont see, the Rams now are significantly better than the East, and not so long ago, Arizona and SF were very good
Arizona and SF had flash in the pan seasons just like any other. And it's not like they came in seasons when the Pats won anything anyway. And the Rams have barely been better than the Browns for the last 12 seasons. If I'm looking back, I take them any year over the Bills/Dolphins/Jets.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is dirt still losing?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for everyone .....

Home field matters most for open-air teams in cold, Northern climates. Home field matters for Denver with the altitude. Teams can and should build themselves to play at home, whether they're in a dome or outside, warm or cold.

In those same proverbial last 15 years, only 2 dome-at-home teams, New Orleans and Indianapolis, have gone on to win Superbowls. Only 5 dome teams have even made it to the Superbowl in 15 years.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatch the Jags-Chargers game in its entirety. Then come back and try to tell me that with a straight face. You can maybe say it's in transition, but it's not good.

I choose to look at how they changed since he came on board prior to last season, not a one-game snapshot (that they won, btw ). The "old" jags would've acquiesced to the chargers after that late SD interception, but the current jags did not

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of that isn't an exact science. The Ravens aren't really a fluke in this situation because 2 of Mannings seasons had a stout defense for the playoffs and Big Ben's 2005 season had a really stout defense.

I think you can win a super bowl with an average QB but literally everything has to go your way and you have to be bringing a well above average defense with some HOF type veterans.
I agree it's not exact science. It's not like the 2005 Steelers were relying on Roethlisberger to give them anything significant. It is a combination of those teams being dominant and having the right QB at the helm.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home field matters most for open-air teams in cold, Northern climates. Home field matters for Denver with the altitude. Teams can and should build themselves to play at home, whether they're in a dome or outside, warm or cold.

In those same proverbial last 15 years, only 2 dome-at-home teams, New Orleans and Indianapolis, have gone on to win Superbowls. Only 5 dome teams have even made it to the Superbowl in 15 years.
And one of those wins was two dome teams facing each other, and the other was against Rex Grossman.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs Fan - In this era, would you have rathered contend annually with the Jets/Bills/Fins or SD/Denver/Oaklnd

Hi Dirt, seeing that you enjoy numbers so much what do make of this this? They are win-losses-ties for total games played:

Record of Chiefs against AFCW teams: 181-163-3
Against Broncos: 60 wins, 55 losses
Against Chargers: 59 wins, 55 losses, 1 tie
Against Raiders: 62 wins, 53 losses, 2 ties

Record of Chiefs against AFCE teams: 53-59-1
Against Jets: 19 wins, 18 losses
Against Bills: 21 wins, 25 losses, 1 tie
Against Dolphins: 13 wins, 16 losses

If you do the past 15 years against AFCE, you get:

Record of Chiefs against AFCE teams: 13-15
Against Jets: 4 wins, 5 losses
Against Bills: 6 wins, 6 losses
Against Dolphins: 3 wins, 4 losses

Interesting, no?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Dirt, seeing that you enjoy numbers so much what do make of this this? They are win-losses-ties for total games played:

Record of Chiefs against AFCW teams: 181-163-3
Against Broncos: 60 wins, 55 losses
Against Chargers: 59 wins, 55 losses, 1 tie
Against Raiders: 62 wins, 53 losses, 2 ties

Record of Chiefs against AFCE teams: 53-59-1
Against Jets: 19 wins, 18 losses
Against Bills: 21 wins, 25 losses, 1 tie
Against Dolphins: 13 wins, 16 losses

If you do the past 15 years against AFCE, you get:

Record of Chiefs against AFCE teams: 13-15
Against Jets: 4 wins, 5 losses
Against Bills: 6 wins, 6 losses
Against Dolphins: 3 wins, 4 losses

Interesting, no?

So the Jets/Bills and Dolphins are better than the Chiefs

Cool

Cant say I agree

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all seriousness my triple dirty friend, there is a point I think you are missing. In the salary cap era ALL teams are designed to go thru periods of good and bad. That's why a team like the Ravens will be on the upswing for a few years yet fall to where they are now. The fact that the pats have not experienced that is a real testament to their success. The fact that they have held off (for the most part) teams upswings really speaks to how great they really are. Recently, the Dolphins were on the upswing until tannehill got hurt. Before that the jets flirted with some success but that was quickly put down. The bills have a solid D but are too one dimensional on offense to make a push. The pats, despite injuries, trading away all pro players still manage to navigate the rest of the field.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness my triple dirty friend, there is a point I think you are missing. In the salary cap era ALL teams are designed to go thru periods of good and bad. That's why a team like the Ravens will be on the upswing for a few years yet fall to where they are now. The fact that the pats have not experienced that is a real testament to their success. The fact that they have held off (for the most part) teams upswings really speaks to how great they really are. Recently, the Dolphins were on the upswing until tannehill got hurt. Before that the jets flirted with some success but that was quickly put down. The bills have a solid D but are too one dimensional on offense to make a push. The pats, despite injuries, trading away all pro players still manage to navigate the rest of the field.

No

All Tannehill is, is a little less shitty than the other alternatives

The Jets had a quick flash under Rex that lasted 5 minutes

The Bills are never good

ever

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

All Tannehill is, is a little less shitty than the other alternatives

The Jets had a quick flash under Rex that lasted 5 minutes

The Bills are never good

ever

Dolphins made the playoffs last year. They were on the rise. I disagree.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Jets/Bills and Dolphins are better than the Chiefs

Cool

Cant say I agree
Don’t know if I’d go that far, but crunching numbers is fun. Gives some perspective.
:suds:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, every single Brady (pats) fan agrees with each other

Another reason being from New York is so awesome
btw

i brought your "AFCE QB's" conversation to my boss.

he said:

"ok, donovan mcnabb puked, RG3 1 year, and tony "runs in circles in the playoffs" romo...then jason campbell"

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL has taken a hit from the ridiculous rules against the defense, especially in pass coverage... No contact rule should be thrown out the door, let DB's put a feeler out, call any holding or obvious hooks or grabs, but some of these PI calls are just embarrassing and it makes the game kinda stupid to watch ... The concussion rules I"m ok with , I get that, but the other PI calls are just fantasy stat rules, nothing to do with concussions... Also some of the roughing the passer calls are effin stupid also... NFL has just gone too far with those rules...