• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's probably a good loss

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you guys feel about it as there's no loss is a good thing. But I feel like we probably needed this loss today. The team has been squeaky clean and productive as of late that it making me nervous on when we will lose again.

Better to have this one loss in the season as oppose to the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see how the guys respond next week in New York. If these guys come out firing. Beware. If they come out flat, something need to be fixed for the final 2 games of the season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think I would call it a good lose, but I do think the Seahawks with be more focused next week against the Giants. The only thing that worries me are the injuries.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, you benefit from this loss.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the game I thought this was a game you needed to lose. It gives a chance to get your heads straight and regroup for a serious run. It's really hard to maintain a long win streak, especially with a bye and possibly resting starters weak 17. If it's a shorter streak you're building back up the challenge is a little more manageable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd still rather having the win and know for certain that we'd win we the NFC West, but I agree with you guys that this loss has some silver linings.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about this whole "good loss" thing...but...They had a few opportunities to pull away and didn't take advantage of them. Still not happy that we have to keep hearing the 49ers chatter but I'm also glad I didn't run my mouth this last week or post stupid images on facebook about how they "suck". I've said before not to underestimate your opponent. We didn't lose by much (especially for being away) but an L is an L. I still believe in this team and was completely calm until we had 29 seconds left lol...for the simple fact that I've seen this team come back so many times. I'm confident we close the last 3 games with a bang like the dominant team we are. We must use this as a learning experience and fuel for the playoffs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2005 Colts were 13-0 and had clinced the home field advantage. They decided to rest some starters for the playoffs. They tanked a couple of games and finished 14-2.
Problem was, they got used to it and lost their first game in the playoffs.
one and done against the 6 seed - steelers.

Let Denver coast to the playoffs. Then Peyton can be one and done again!
Play hard.....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss itself wasn't important, but the loss of KJ Wright and Max Unger was kind of big.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant be happy about a loss, ever. This game was as close as it gets from start to finish, we just couldnt get a big play to count as they either got called back or we missed opportunities.

Now the Giants game is a must win. We should demolish them though.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ Wright and Max Unger are great players but I feel confident that Malcolm Smith and Jean-Pierre can step in respectively and fill those roles.

It would have been nice to wrap up the division but having to play out the final few games may benefit us rather then being in a position to rest our starters. SF has Tampa, Atl and AZ left so chances are pretty high they win out. That means we need to win 2 of the 3. I'd rather win in NY and not have to worry about winning the final two. The Giants just were mathematically eliminated today so its possible they have a let down next week.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss itself wasn't important, but the loss of KJ Wright and Max Unger was kind of big.

Wright is out for about 5 weeks or so I heard…. Haven't heard anything on Max… What's the word ?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strained Pec is the initial diagnosis but that easily could mean a torn pec. A torn pec would be season ending so lets hope its just a strain.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing sucks, but the injuries suck more. Wright was having a great season, so losing him is tough and losing Unger, while not something they haven't dealt with before, isn't great news either. They've been playing through injuries all year and still winning, so I doubt that that'll change with these injuries, but maybe the outcome of today's game is different if those guys are able to finish it. Who knows.

As far as the game itself goes, I think it would have been easier to handle if the Niners had beaten the Seahawks straight up, rather than having officiating and penalties be so prominently involved. It was such a close game and too many of those penalties either extended drives or killed them, but even so, the Seahawks had chances to close out a win and ultimately failed to stop Gore at the end.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was a good loss, but it would have been a better win

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of this, was watching NFL Primetime and I have to ask what the hell is Tim Hasselbeck's problem with the Seahawks?

Is he extremely butt hurt his brother found success there, while he didn't do jack shit as a quarterback?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of this, was watching NFL Primetime and I have to ask what the hell is Tim Hasselbeck's problem with the Seahawks?

Is he extremely butt hurt his brother found success there, while he didn't do jack shit as a quarterback?

It might have something to do with his brother, but in a completely different way. It's possible that he feels like Matt was unceremoniously dumped by the Seahawks after leading the team to a playoff win against the defending champs the previous postseason.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might have something to do with his brother, but in a completely different way. It's possible that he feels like Matt was unceremoniously dumped by the Seahawks after leading the team to a playoff win against the defending champs the previous postseason.

Uncremoniously? That is possible, but if I recall didn't the Seahawks take out a full page add in one of the Seattle newspapers thanking him for all that he and his family had done for the city?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncremoniously? That is possible, but if I recall didn't the Seahawks take out a full page add in one of the Seattle newspapers thanking him for all that he and his family had done for the city?

If Tim didn't think Matt deserved to be released in the first place, it wouldn't really matter whether the team did it with class or not, he could still feel like Matt was unceremoniously dumped. I'm not in his head, so I don't know what he thought of it or why it seems like he's constantly bashing the Seahawks, but I'm just thinking that if the reason does have something to do with Matt, it seems more likely to me that it would be because he (Tim) didn't like how Matt's career in Seattle ended more so than because Matt had more success than he did.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you make some valid points there. I'm starting to agree with said points.