• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's official...Bo needs to go

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're never firing a 9 win coach again. He very well might win 9 gms, preach youth and talent, and we're sucked back in.

This.

Bo's going to blame youth and that he needs more time to get these young defenders up to speed.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the 9 win coach bs. Other coaches can see the blowouts too, and realize why we have to do this. They arent as dumb as Bo

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his little blame game is getting called out. everyone is sick of hearing "we didn't execute".

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his little blame game is getting called out. everyone is sick of hearing "we didn't execute".
^^^^^^^
Eveyone wants to blame the defense but when we play a team with an aggressive DL, our offense looks average at best. I'm not convinced that our OL can consistantly execute either.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple we had more than enough talent to win that game. Got out coached on both sides of the ball.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say Beck deserves more of the blame than anyone. You can't throw your young defense under the bus for this fantasy offense you have in your head where Taylor can methodically dink and dunk down the field. Passing on 1st and 2nd down, ignoring the fact Ameer gets 3 to 6 ypc every time and telling the best running QB in the country to stand in the pocket and go through all his progressions even if there's a wide open running lane.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imani had 19 yards on 3 carries.....

That should tell you enough about where our head was at on Offense. We should have been rotating him and Ameer in and out nonstop. It was fucking awful.

Someone told Beck before the game that UCLA is really good at stopping the run and that was that........no matter what happened during the game that was going to be his mindset.

We could have controlled that entire game if we would have just started running it down their throat when we had them down. We have a coaching staff who has a fanbase that just keeps sitting back and letting them experiment. We gotta start trying to run these guys out of here or they're never going to change. And if they still don't change after we call for their heads, then heads are gonna roll.......that's how it works. We are just too nice here....and too gullible

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^
Eveyone wants to blame the defense but when we play a team with an aggressive DL, our offense looks average at best. I'm not convinced that our OL can consistantly execute either.

James Dobson - Strength and Conditioning

Another coordinator in training.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted in that other thread. Maybe because I didn't watch the game live, and had a chance to review and time to stew on it. I didn't see a coaching problem out there today (well maybe Beck's play calling a little).

The defense was in position to make plays. Bo probably should throw in a true zone once in awhile just to show something different, but tackling was just horrible. Can you really blame coaches for that? A 2 yard run was turning into 7 yards because a guy didn't wrap up and drive his feet through a guy. Multiple times our defender didn't break down in open field and whiffed on a tackle. The d-line that played fantastic, got great push and pressure in the 1st half, all the sudden didn't want it in the 2nd half. Sure Bo, need to keep the team motivated, but how can you say he wasn't trying? I can't, I didn't have a have a video feed of the sideline.

also, a little credit to the zebras for not calling offensive holding the entire game. Multiple times in the 2nd half it looked like a pretty clear holding call when we had a shot to get to Hundley but we got nothing.

Beck - yea, he needed to run Cross more. No doubt about that. He also needed to get in Taylor's head and tell him to run the damn football when they drop back and vacate the middle. We had opportunities in the 2nd half and players didn't catch the ball or Taylor pulled a taylor and did something stupid.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's coaching

Fundamentals is coaching
Execution is coaching
Motivation is coaching
Attention to detail is coaching

etc....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game planning is coaching
Adjustments are coaching

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an experiment.

Bo Pelini - First time head coach
Tim Beck - First time Offensive Coordinator
John Papuchis - First time Defensive Coordinator
James Dobson - First time Strength and Conditioning Coordinator

You can't go back and show success for these guys anywhere prior to coming to Nebraska.

Going forward with this staff is just as much of a gamble as it was 5 years ago.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was just players

Alabama would have never fired a head coach
Oklahoma would have never fired a head coach
Texas would have never fired a head coach
Ohio St would have never fired a head coach
Michigan would have never fired a head coach
Southern Cal would have never fired a head coach
Florida would have never fired a head coach
Notre Dame would have never fired a head coach

etc...

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have an identity on offense nothing tho hang our hat on.Tom lived and died by the option. Why can't we have our own "option"

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, 100% was a little strong. But Bo had the defense in position to make plays. They just needed to step up and do it.

I do agree with the comments on JP, I said that a long time ago, that was a horrible decision for DC. But we need to live with it now. I've also been calling for Dobson's head long before I came to this board.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another example of a coach who doesn't know his personnel's strengths and weaknesses. I really don't blame the players one bit.

Easily could have won that game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, 100% was a little strong. But Bo had the defense in position to make plays. They just needed to step up and do it.

I do agree with the comments on JP, I said that a long time ago, that was a horrible decision for DC. But we need to live with it now. I've also been calling for Dobson's head long before I came to this board.

No we don't need to "live with it now".

Eichorst needs to have a talk with Bo and put him on the spot regarding that money toilet Papuchis. If Bo is loyal in keeping his buddy/lackey in employment then Eichorst needs to look at it as if Bo is making a decision on his own career.

Don't fire Papuchis, you are fired.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, that came out wrong. i just meant we need to live with Bo's decision. I agree, that the best decision he could make right now is getting rid of JP. The question would be, what would you do for a DC? promote from within? I guess Bo could just take over, but how is that any different than what we have, since we all know Bo is the play caller?

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo has been here 6 (SIX) YEARS! He and his staff have obvious shortcomings which show up through his players on game days all too often. These are Bo's players in Bo's system and they fall flatter than Callawho's teams did back in the day. As much as I dislike Lou Holtz these days, I give him credit as he motivated sub-prime players to play better than their opponents. Major money donors feel the same way that I (no money to brag of) do about Bo after this last fiasco. This isn't about the wins and losses anymore, it is about the epic collapses that plague Bo Pelini teams. This was a temporary bridge to mend fences that were tore down by the Pitt AD. A failed experiment that wounds the players and fans. The players and fans have been robbed of good coaching and it's time to move on...:gaah: