• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It just one of those days fellas

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since you two agree that means you the same person right? :whistle:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since you two agree that means you the same person right? :whistle:

slight difference in agreeing on WVU football issues and harping nonstop about anything one person posts at 1 min intervals........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoldRusher,

I have some questions for you…

Granted I have forgot more about football than Dana knows so I do cut him SOME slack but enough is enough, so here goes,
Did that come out right? You're claiming you know more football than Dana?

1. WHY Dana, why do you continue to leave Dreamius Smith on the bench when we need his inside running skills in the red zone where we are struggling in that area of the field? I love Buie, Smallwood, and Garrison out on the edges and catching passes out of the backfield and between the 20's their body type and skill set is great there but Smith (like Shell but he is hurt) needs enough touches to get into a rhythm, his numbers were similar to Noel Divine in his limited action yesterday yet.....the offensive mastermind leaves him on the bench? Why Dana?

I think this is a legit question. One possibility is that with the others, there is a more realistic threat of having the RB come out of the backfield for a pass out of the similar formation/look. Something the defense and its DC have to account for in short yardage situations.

2. WHY Dana, why do you give up on the team in when there is so much time left vs teams that struggle on offense? Anyone who has watched Texas more than 2 quarters knows that the Longhorns are ok on defense but struggle on offense and special teams. Our defense has developed into a unit that we can rely on, they came out flat against Texas and gave up some points (hey, welcome to the Big12 that happens(his words if memory serves) right?) in the first half and then he appears to go full potato and go for a long FG rather than pinning their 2 weakest phases of the game deep in their own territory for a possible defensive turnover or a 3 and out forced punt giving our offense (that can move quick when they are on) a short field to work with and keep fighting to get back into the game. Why Dana? why do you refuse to give our team a chance to regain some momentum and get on a roll to win the game?
For the record that's happened WAAYYY too many times now in too many games. I guess he just is either A:stupid or B: Has too big of an ego to see what he is doing doesn't work most of the time...WHY Dana?

Why ask such a question… I mean… really. WVU's defense could not stop Texas in the first half. Who in their right mind would expect WVU to be able to stop them in the 2nd half?

You mention momentum. The team needed points. Pin Texas back? Their first TD was the result of a 90 yd possession. Good grief…

Pin Texas back, force a 3 and out. Thank God for hindsight… right GoldRusher?

3. WHY Dana, why wont you let the team try n build momentum (along the same lines as above)?
Early in the second half we get into the "scoring zone" down 20+....vs Texas.....who doesn't have a great offense....and rather than go for the high percentage FG to maybe get Trickett and co. SOME confidence...no, go for it, high risk, on the road, failing and keep the momentum and crowd on the side of the Longhorns. WHY Dana? Give us a chance, use some old school philosophy that has worked in the past, your record in November is atrocious so..why not try n win a few?

WVU was down 21 points. It had not shown it could consistently slow Texas down… hell… on Texas' first possession of the 2nd half they marched into WVU territory before they turned it over on downs. He could get momentum by scoring a TD.

There was absolutely no indicator that the WVU defense would be able to stop this Texas offense on this Saturday… NONE!!

4. WHY Dana, why don't you bench Trickett when it is CLEAR to everyone that he is either A: Hurt or B: Suffering from an extreme loss of confidence?
Kevin White is a fantastic WR and great weapon but its November, we aint fooling anyone anymore, if Trick continues to lock on and throw it to him in double coverage ect..(which he has and I am SURE you have told him to do otherwise) and not look for our other targets then send a message and maybe just maybe spark the offense by sitting him down for a bit, who knows, you don't have a problem doing it elsewhere so, why not at the spot where we need it most? If yesterdays and last weeks Trick is the best QB we have to put on the field then you are failing miserably in the recruiting and coaching area.

This one really bothers me. You question Dana's intelligence, yet you want him to put a kid into a game WVU is losing against a Texas defense that is manhandling the offensive line… a kid who has zero game experience? Dana has made a couple of missteps in recruiting of QB's. Nothing can change that now. But, he has to keep playing to win. And, if anyone thinks putting a kid like Skylar Howard in for action in front of 95,000 loud fans helps the team win… then I have serious questions about intelligence.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoldRusher,

I have some questions for you…

Did that come out right? You're claiming you know more football than Dana?

I think this is a legit question. One possibility is that with the others, there is a more realistic threat of having the RB come out of the backfield for a pass out of the similar formation/look. Something the defense and its DC have to account for in short yardage situations.

Why ask such a question… I mean… really. WVU's defense could not stop Texas in the first half. Who in their right mind would expect WVU to be able to stop them in the 2nd half?

You mention momentum. The team needed points. Pin Texas back? Their first TD was the result of a 90 yd possession. Good grief…

Pin Texas back, force a 3 and out. Thank God for hindsight… right GoldRusher?

WVU was down 21 points. It had not shown it could consistently slow Texas down… hell… on Texas' first possession of the 2nd half they marched into WVU territory before they turned it over on downs. He could get momentum by scoring a TD.

There was absolutely no indicator that the WVU defense would be able to stop this Texas offense on this Saturday… NONE!!

This one really bothers me. You question Dana's intelligence, yet you want him to put a kid into a game WVU is losing against a Texas defense that is manhandling the offensive line… a kid who has zero game experience? Dana has made a couple of missteps in recruiting of QB's. Nothing can change that now. But, he has to keep playing to win. And, if anyone thinks putting a kid like Skylar Howard in for action in front of 95,000 loud fans helps the team win… then I have serious questions about intelligence.

Yes pin them back and play the odds, the odds of that Texas offense marching down the field again were slim . The indicator was scouting and knowing your opponent, I had watched Texas several times this year and Im sure Dana has watched more than me, there is no way in hell that offense was going to keep that up all game and sure enough they didn't.

No hind site at all with the FG, I said it during the game. Our defense was sleepwalking for some of the first half and got behind but getting behind is not uncommon in the Big12 but then they clamped down on Texas, you HAVE to believe in that defense at this point in the season, they have earned that trust, they have put the clamps on far far better offenses than what Texas brings to the table.

Dana as has been his calling card in other games puts our defense in an even tougher spot by handing Texas field position by taking a shot at a high risk long FG (or going for it on 4th down)early in the game when we were struggling already. I guess you could make an argument that he trusts the defense enough to take a risk when the other team has momentum and has been moving the ball by giving it to their offense at midfield :suspicious: but why risk that when you could most likely get the ball back in good field position for our struggling offense after pinning Texas deep and causing them to play conservative? Again, their offense has been shaky at best all year.

IMHO there is no way to candy coat it, that's just not smart football and a philosophy that has failed more than it has succeeded. If he is not learning from his mistakes then what am I suppose to think? Its either ego or stupidity :noidea:, either way, that's not good and a sign of him not being a top shelf coach. Now is he horrible? No, but is he where he needs to be and what we all want for our program now late in year 4 ? No, not IMO.

I admit putting Howard in the game comes with some risk, but, the kid earned a scholarship and was a top 5 dual threat JUCO QB when he came here with 4.5/4.6 speed, is from Texas (Im sure he would have been more than focused) and has been here since January. MAYBE just maybe when that blocking starts breaking down he could make something out of nothing by using his legs, put some pressure on the defense and not get crushed in the open field like Trick did. The QB play has been bad everyone has seen that and Im convinced Trickett has some kind of issue either physical or mental, again either way its not good. Also, since Geno Smith walked off of the field in Miami Dana has trotted out Millard, Trickett, Childress and played Crest fresh outta HS just this year (yes in a less stressful environment). If Howard doesn't know enough about the offense at this point to trust giving him a shot then Dana has swung and missed again at another QB. This offense was suppose to be easy to learn remember?

Oh and I was just stating the obvious on me knowing more about football than Dana. Some of these blokes weren't at CBS...

Last edited by a moderator:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO there is no way to candy coat it, that's just not smart football and a philosophy that has failed more than it has succeeded. If he is not learning from his mistakes then what am I suppose to think? Its either ego or stupidity :noidea:, either way, that's not good and a sign of him not being a top shelf coach. Now is he horrible? No, but is he where he needs to be and what we all want for our program now late in year 4 ? No, not IMO.

QUOTE]

Rusher....not sure if it were you or Debbie downer who just said two games ago about how DH had grown since coming here and learning from his mistakes, how moves like Bradley had him under control....now two games later the guy can't coach because he made some risky moves? We were not doing anything on offense as far as putting points on the board...I say why not go for it? What was the risk? We were down 20 plus and we needed 7 not 3....a FG in that situation is a win for them just as much as a stop is and does not sway momentum.

We have and always will have a very fickle fan base...two weeks ago we are applauding the job being done, now after two L's it is back to this guy can't coach or even better this guy can't coach offense. It was a tough TEAM loss in Texas amazing how we want to pin it on one side of the ball.

Happy Veterans Day gentlemen.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes pin them back and play the odds, the odds of that Texas offense marching down the field again were slim . The indicator was scouting and knowing your opponent, I had watched Texas several times this year and Im sure Dana has watched more than me, there is no way in hell that offense was going to keep that up all game and sure enough they didn't.

If you are a true football guy, then I have a hard time believing this. The teams that bullied our defense had big… strong OL and RB's. What did Texas have? Bama and OU dominated the 4th qtr as a result of the wear and tear. Knowing how Texas ran through the defense in similar style, there is no way you think WVU is going to completely shut them down… NONE.

No hind site at all with the FG, I said it during the game. Our defense was sleepwalking for some of the first half and got behind but getting behind is not uncommon in the Big12 but then they clamped down on Texas, you HAVE to believe in that defense at this point in the season, they have earned that trust, they have put the clamps on far far better offenses than what Texas brings to the table.

WVU's defense has been weak against strong rushing teams all season. KSU will be a huge game for them. One has to think Texas would continue to march with success.

IMHO there is no way to candy coat it, that's just not smart football and a philosophy that has failed more than it has succeeded. If he is not learning from his mistakes then what am I suppose to think? Its either ego or stupidity , either way, that's not good and a sign of him not being a top shelf coach. Now is he horrible? No, but is he where he needs to be and what we all want for our program now late in year 4 ? No, not IMO.

WVU was having trouble scoring. They were moving the ball well, but failed to capitalize… repeatedly. His decisions were put in place due to being behind by 3 TD's and not knowing if his defense was going to help them win after putting them behind so badly in the first half.

I admit putting Howard in the game comes with some risk, but, the kid earned a scholarship and was a top 5 dual threat JUCO QB when he came here with 4.5/4.6 speed, is from Texas (Im sure he would have been more than focused) and has been here since January. MAYBE just maybe when that blocking starts breaking down he could make something out of nothing by using his legs, put some pressure on the defense and not get crushed in the open field like Trick did. The QB play has been bad everyone has seen that and Im convinced Trickett has some kind of issue either physical or mental, again either way its not good. Also, since Geno Smith walked off of the field in Miami Dana has trotted out Millard, Trickett, Childress and played Crest fresh outta HS just this year (yes in a less stressful environment). If Howard doesn't know enough about the offense at this point to trust giving him a shot then Dana has swung and missed again at another QB. This offense was suppose to be easy to learn remember?

Typical WV defeatist speak. QB play has not been bad. He has not played up to his excellent start, but he is still one of the highest rated QB's in the country. He was having a good day against Texas. Christ… the team had over 300 yds of offense in the 2nd half against a Texas defense averaging 360/gm.

Oh and I was just stating the obvious on me knowing more about football than Dana. Some of these blokes weren't at CBS...

I still don't know what this means..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QUOTE]

Rusher....not sure if it were you or Debbie downer who just said two games ago about how DH had grown since coming here and learning from his mistakes, how moves like Bradley had him under control....now two games later the guy can't coach because he made some risky moves? We were not doing anything on offense as far as putting points on the board...I say why not go for it? What was the risk? We were down 20 plus and we needed 7 not 3....a FG in that situation is a win for them just as much as a stop is and does not sway momentum.

We have and always will have a very fickle fan base...two weeks ago we are applauding the job being done, now after two L's it is back to this guy can't coach or even better this guy can't coach offense. It was a tough TEAM loss in Texas amazing how we want to pin it on one side of the ball.

Happy Veterans Day gentlemen.
DC, it was I who said that it looked as if Holgorsen had grown as a coach judging from the Baylor and OSU games, and I believe he has grown, but he is not there yet as far as totally ready for the job. My biggest beef Saturday was the ill played on side kick, regardless of what BB says, it was clear by that time that our defense had figured the Texas offense out and was stopping them reliably. I too would have kicked the field goal when it was 4th down inside the 10, I feel that the odds are against our offense in short yardage situations, especially in the red zone, and three points is better than none. We are seeing a return to the style of last year from Holgorsen, no one is being fickle on that, I did not like the style of play last year, and do not like it now. There is a marked difference in the offensive play selection, the coaches demeanor, and results between the Baylor game and the Texas game.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good time to bring up his emotional in game decisions coasting us games. In your heart of hearts do you believe that Bill Snyder HOF coach that we are about to see in Morgantown and has turned KState around in less time that Dana has had to work with in a similar mess would have made the same move at that point?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good time to bring up his emotional in game decisions coasting us games. In your heart of hearts do you believe that Bill Snyder HOF coach that we are about to see in Morgantown and has turned KState around in less time that Dana has had to work with in a similar mess would have made the same move at that point?

Someone who wanted to put an untested Skylar Howard into the ball game is seriously asking this question.

My lord...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows? But no one on here seems to care about other big 12 game so I doubt if any of us could comment on it. He is 5 of 9 on the season so he does go for it on 4th downs.

It's amazing, up until this game we had only attempted 11 4th downs this season, none in the last three games, but now DH is just out of control with it. :clap:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, it was I who said that it looked as if Holgorsen had grown as a coach judging from the Baylor and OSU games, and I believe he has grown, but he is not there yet as far as totally ready for the job. My biggest beef Saturday was the ill played on side kick, regardless of what BB says, it was clear by that time that our defense had figured the Texas offense out and was stopping them reliably. I too would have kicked the field goal when it was 4th down inside the 10, I feel that the odds are against our offense in short yardage situations, especially in the red zone, and three points is better than none. We are seeing a return to the style of last year from Holgorsen, no one is being fickle on that, I did not like the style of play last year, and do not like it now. There is a marked difference in the offensive play selection, the coaches demeanor, and results between the Baylor game and the Texas game.

Stopping them reliably? Yeah... Texas had scored on 2 of its last 3 possessions of the first half... only a missed FG attempt prevented it from 3/3. They went from their own 25 to the WVU 39 on its first possession of the 2nd half before going for a failed 4th down conversion. The WVU possession in question occurred right after this. So, you're saying WVU was stopping Texas??

Please stop with your BS! If you cannot get something right... don't just make shit up to support your POV. It is beyond ridiculous...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat White was untested too..... And recruited as a DB...

That is BS. Pat played in every game from the start of the season. Rich went with a 2 QB system.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is BS. Pat played in every game from the start of the season. Rich went with a 2 QB system.

Because Pat had skills that the other QB did not... Rich gave him a chance when he needed the offense to go and he panned out. He gave him a chance.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Pat had skills that the other QB did not... Rich gave him a chance when he needed the offense to go and he panned out. He gave him a chance.

Pat was not recruited to WVU to be a DB. He was recruited to be Rich's QB.

I feel like this is April Fool's and your fucking with everyone.

If so... you got me...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopping them reliably? Yeah... Texas had scored on 2 of its last 3 possessions of the first half... only a missed FG attempt prevented it from 3/3. They went from their own 25 to the WVU 39 on its first possession of the 2nd half before going for a failed 4th down conversion. The WVU possession in question occurred right after this. So, you're saying WVU was stopping Texas??

Please stop with your BS! If you cannot get something right... don't just make shit up to support your POV. It is beyond ridiculous...

The play in question was in the fourth quarter, with about 7 min left in the game, right after we scored our 2nd TD in over 5 quarters of play. The previous five Texas possessions ended with a total of 37 yards, so yes it would have been the right call to kick it deep on the ensuing kick off, thinking the defense could hold them JUST AS THE PREVIOUS five drives, and get the ball back near midfield. Texas had -3 yards on the next possession, and punted from the 48, pinning us deep. Nothing made up, just facts, and sound strategy. The game was still in question, and had we received that punt at even the 40 instead of the 14, we still had a shot. Who is it that makes shit up??????

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat White came to WVU, because Fraud told him he wanted him at QB, he had offers from OTHER schools, but as a DB, NOT QB. There was NOT a 2 QB system, Bednarik was the starting QB, White saw duty in mop up situations, and when Bednarik was hurt or ineffective. The only two games White saw extensive action were Wofford and VPI, until Bednarik went down in the UL game, and White and Slaton, BEHIND Schmitt, ran roughshod over their defense.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play in question was in the fourth quarter, with about 7 min left in the game, right after we scored our 2nd TD in over 5 quarters of play. The previous five Texas possessions ended with a total of 37 yards, so yes it would have been the right call to kick it deep on the ensuing kick off, thinking the defense could hold them JUST AS THE PREVIOUS five drives, and get the ball back near midfield. Texas had -3 yards on the next possession, and punted from the 48, pinning us deep. Nothing made up, just facts, and sound strategy. The game was still in question, and had we received that punt at even the 40 instead of the 14, we still had a shot. Who is it that makes shit up??????

You're clueless...

Please give it a break!