• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It just one of those days fellas

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat White came to WVU, because Fraud told him he wanted him at QB, he had offers from OTHER schools, but as a DB, NOT QB. There was NOT a 2 QB system, Bednarik was the starting QB, White saw duty in mop up situations, and when Bednarik was hurt or ineffective. The only two games White saw extensive action were Wofford and VPI, until Bednarik went down in the UL game, and White and Slaton, BEHIND Schmitt, ran roughshod over their defense.

You making shit up again? How pathetic are you?

West Virginia University Mountaineers

For West Virginia football fans, Pat White has certainly done his part to keep games exciting in Morgantown this fall. At the beginning of the season, the redshirt freshman shared the quarterbacking duties with Adam Bednarik but he soon emerged as the top guy after Bednarik sprained his foot in the fourth quarter of the Louisville game with West Virginia trailing 24-7.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't let the truth get in the way of these arguments.

HUH, so one QB playing 80% of the snaps and the other 20% is sharing? The quartet just likes to argue. Bednarik was the starter, White spelled him, and came in for a change on occasion, seeing a lot of play against Wofford and VPI. WVUStats - Pat White Are they making shit up too?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clueless...

Please give it a break!

PLEASE inform me then, chief, I looked up the play by play this morning, why would you lose faith in a defense that had held Texas to two first down in the last five drives? Talk about clueless. Please take off your Holgorsen blinders for a second and see reality.:wtf2:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the quartet gives himself thumbs up!!! Classy

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE inform me then, chief, I looked up the play by play this morning, why would you lose faith in a defense that had held Texas to two first down in the last five drives? Talk about clueless. Please take off your Holgorsen blinders for a second and see reality.:wtf2:

Are you drunk? Go to sleep!

GR was referring to the FG attempt in the 3rd qtr. Josh missed a 40 yd attempt.

You are referring to a 4th down conversion attempt in the 4th qtr. You wanted Josh to attempt a FG from the WVU 15 yd line?

You are becoming a joke...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you drunk? Go to sleep!

GR was referring to the FG attempt in the 3rd qtr. Josh missed a 40 yd attempt.

You are referring to a 4th down conversion attempt in the 4th qtr. You wanted Josh to attempt a FG from the WVU 15 yd line?

You are becoming a joke...

I am referring to the onside kick, can you really have that much trouble reading??????

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am referring to the onside kick, can you really have that much trouble reading??????

You were?

I too would have kicked the field goal when it was 4th down inside the 10, I feel that the odds are against our offense in short yardage situations, especially in the red zone, and three points is better than none. We are seeing a return to the style of last year from Holgorsen, no one is being fickle on that, I did not like the style of play last year, and do not like it now. There is a marked difference in the offensive play selection, the coaches demeanor, and results between the Baylor game and the Texas game.

You would have kicked the FG too? This was not the same FG that GR was referring to. The only other failed 4th down conversion for WVU came in the 4th qtr with under 5 min left.

In regard to the last on-side kick.... I agree with you. I would have just kicked it deep. But, he wanted to try, which I understand... it was still a two possession game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH, so one QB playing 80% of the snaps and the other 20% is sharing? The quartet just likes to argue. Bednarik was the starter, White spelled him, and came in for a change on occasion, seeing a lot of play against Wofford and VPI. WVUStats - Pat White Are they making shit up too?

How do you come up with your 80% of the snaps?

MSNSportsNET: Adam Bednarik's future is shining brightly

After recovering from shoulder surgery that took place in December of 2004, the big, strong-armed quarterback from Bethlehem, Pa., got his first chance at significant playing time as a sophomore in 2005, splitting the quarterback duties with redshirt freshman Pat White.

West Virginia's Rodriguez must decide between Bednarik, White today - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

If, Rodriguez noted, one "stays hot the whole game, we all stay happy. Hopefully, even the guy who didn't get in there. You've got to have the right personality [for a two-quarterback tandem to work]. It has to be a guy who isn't a selfish guy, who understands the team concept. ... Adam and Pat are the same way."

They are the same, they are different, and they are sharing -- for now -- a glory-bound position at West Virginia. Present and past NFLers Marc Bulger and Jeff Hostetler played here. Major Harris. Oliver Luck. And, the past three seasons, Rasheed Marshall, the 2004 Big East offensive player of the year, the fellow responsible for 55 percent of his team's offensive yardage and touchdowns a year ago, the school's fourth all-time passer and MVP.

How do you immediately replace a spread-offense threat like Marshall? Apparently with two quarterbacks, one dealing with a Hall of Fame name and one wheeling from hurricanes in his past.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the quartet gives himself thumbs up!!! Classy

Oh DAD…. I guess it is more classy to give thumbs down… right? Only a total loser would give a thumbs down to a post… especially someone around the age of 50…

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regard to the last on-side kick.... I agree with you. I would have just kicked it deep. But, he wanted to try, which I understand... it was still a two possession game.

No win situation. If it works, then not as much bitching. Since it failed, he's an idiot. If he didn't try, he doesn't want to try and win; since he did, he can't coach.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No win situation. If it works, then not as much bitching. Since it failed, he's an idiot. If he didn't try, he doesn't want to try and win; since he did, he can't coach.
:agree::10:

Exactly, the best coach in the world is the guy who knows the results of each play.....smh

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::10:

Exactly, the best coach in the world is the guy who knows the results of each play.....smh

No, a good coach is in tune with his team, and plays the odds. At the point in the game we scored the TD to pull to 26-16, with the defense reliably stopping them, most good coaches would have kicked it deep.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, a good coach is in tune with his team, and plays the odds. At the point in the game we scored the TD to pull to 26-16, with the defense reliably stopping them, most good coaches would have kicked it deep.

While I agree with you, I would have preferred to see WVU kick it deep too, doing so does not guarantee a chance to get an extra possession. Being successful on the onside kick does do that for you. You're down 2 scores…

Not sure how many would agree that a good coach would kick it deep…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the odds always 50/50 when it comes to sports? Either you stop them or you don't?

I do not believe they scored on the on side kick, so you claim that this guy can't coach is based on field position? There is nothing to say we kick it deep they punt and the ball rolls 40 yards to our 1 with our punt return team....how about being in tune with his special teams?

Didn't we just have a 5 play 74 yard drive? Didn't he see his team come back vs Texas Tech and win under the same circumstances? I think he is very in tune with HIS team, only the greatest of armchair coaches would think otherwise. :pound:

This argument has grown tiresome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how many would agree that a good coach would kick it deep…

Well if dad says so it much be true, probably in the footnotes of Nehlans book.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree, that's Danas biggest flaw IMO,some of his in game decisions and philosophies are not sound. I was really hoping to see that change this year and to his credit I think he HAS changed a BIT but things like we saw Saturday just cause me to lose faith in him a little more.
My question is, will he get better and learn what wins ball games or is he what he will always be, a coach that will not reach his or his programs full potential because of his decisions and/or ego? When is enough enough?
I think next season will tell the tale honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, that's Danas biggest flaw IMO,some of his in game decisions and philosophies are not sound. I was really hoping to see that change this year and to his credit I think he HAS changed a BIT but things like we saw Saturday just cause me to lose faith in him a little more.
My question is, will he get better and learn what wins ball games or is he what he will always be, a coach that will not reach his or his programs full potential because of his decisions and/or ego? When is enough enough?
I think next season will tell the tale honestly.

We all can see by the play calling that Dana is getting more conservative in his play calling. He took more gambles in the Texas game than he has in any other this year. I think that the next two games will tell us as much about his coaching ability that we will see next year when he is breaking in a new QB. My question is whether DH has lost this team or if we just ran into a sleeping giant at Texas.

Dana has done enough to keep his job. There is much more to coaching than just making the right play call or calling a time out. Hopefully, Dana learns to do that job better. What nobody can argue is that he has taken this team and made them ready to play anybody this year. Bama, Oklahoma, Baylor and TCU, were all great performances. Take the athletes on those teams and compare them to ours and we should not even be in the game. Our athletes have exceeded thier expectations this year and have come in and competed with the best.

So when you judge this guy, look at the whole picture and not just a few blown play calls. We can see the improvement in recruiting and we have many good athletes that could red shirt this year; putting in Gibby as DC has worked and getting Sieder/Cogdill/ Bradley in have made for some good hires. Other than hair and shaving issues, he has done very will in front of the press all year. We have 22 commits currently rated as the #19 recruiting class in the country.

If Dana is smart, he will do what Don Nehlen did. When playing in a conference with the likes of Texas and Oklahoma, having better athletes on the field will be a pipe dream. Nehlen would use his redshirts wisely, develop underclassmen and every 4-5 years, put out a superior team. I expect next year to be a down year with the loss of our Senior class. Losing the QB, 2 best recievers, 40% of our O-Line, best pass rushers and likely our best Defensive player (Joseph), I expect a challenge next year.