• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Virginia the most underrated team in the Nation?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU's setting you folks up for the kill. We got ya right were we want ya.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. I am not a basketball fan though. There are 3 or 4 UVA fans that enjoy basketball on here.

Maybe more will join sports SportsHoopla now that UVA is more in the spotlight now.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU's setting you folks up for the kill. We got ya right were we want ya.

Hope you are right but the Cuse offense is down right pathetic. If Grant cant finish the game then just dont play him. Ths teams shooting percentage is embarrassing. The rebounding as a whole hasnt been good either. Grant could have played the whole game and the outcome wouldnt have mattered. Id never seen a Cuse team since Ive been been alive since 1976 take so many stupid tough shots.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
242nd in offense and 168th in rebounding for a team with this so called great young NBA talent is embarrassing.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whoever wins the ACC Tournament prolly gets a 1 seed. The only thing holding Virginia back is that they had some horrible games non-conference, but the Committee tends to award teams for how they played of late and rightfully so.

If I had to guess, I say it looks like this:

Florida
Wichita
ACC Tourney Winner
Arizona

Kansas, (the other 2 of Duke, Cuse, Virginia), Big Ten Tourney Champion if Michigan or Wisky are all prolly a lock for a 2 seed.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You big10 homers are consistent...always speaking about games played in December when the good coaches were focusing on building teams. Now Virginia goes into the top ten and ZERO big10 teams are there. I have nothing to do with Virginia...just am not such a homer that I can't recognize good play when I see it.

I like to compliment good play and have not forgotten about Wisconsin who has Dekker and Kaminski; two outstanding big men and have so stated on many occasions. Same with Michigan State...many times. You Big10 homers are so much in love with yourselves that even your rose-colored glasses are fogged.

College basketball rankings are bullshit.

And we don't have to argue about whether Wisconsin or Virginia is a better team based on rankings, because they played a game this season and the Badgers won in Charlottesville.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College basketball rankings are bullshit.

And we don't have to argue about whether Wisconsin or Virginia is a better team based on rankings, because they played a game this season and the Badgers won in Charlottesville.

And that means what today or for the NCAA tournament?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that means what today or for the NCAA tournament?
If you're going to just decide that Team A is better than Team B despite losing to them, why even play the games?

I could understand it if Wisconsin had gone on to finish 0.500 or something, but we're talking about two 5-loss teams, in the two best conferences, and one of them beat the other on the road.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to just decide that Team A is better than Team B despite losing to them, why even play the games?

I could understand it if Wisconsin had gone on to finish 0.500 or something, but we're talking about two 5-loss teams, in the two best conferences, and one of them beat the other on the road.

The only people that remember SU had 10 losses last year on the season are SU fans. Yet many basketball fans can tell you who was in the final four last year. So what about those 9 losses SU had prior to going to the dance?

And is there anyone that doesn't know UofL won it all last year. Yet...how many losses did UofL have and to whom? And what did those losses matter other than motivation which changed the way the team played.

The only people that remember Virginia and Wisconsin played are Wisconsin and Virginia fans. The only reason I know is because it was brought up in this thread. And I'll soon forget it again.

The reason nobody remembers games in November is because they really are no indicator of how teams perform in the NCAA Tournament.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all you fucks in love with VA.....yeah...Cuse has something for that ass next time. :lm:

Even a loss in March don't mean shit. :nod:

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you are right but the Cuse offense is down right pathetic. If Grant cant finish the game then just dont play him. Ths teams shooting percentage is embarrassing. The rebounding as a whole hasnt been good either. Grant could have played the whole game and the outcome wouldnt have mattered. Id never seen a Cuse team since Ive been been alive since 1976 take so many stupid tough shots.

^^^^^^^ What he said. :agree:

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think if Cuse goes 28-3, they deserve a #1 seed. Regardless of the ACC Tourney.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVa beat Wisky in Madison last year, does that mean UVa was the better team even though they didnt make it to the NCAAT?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think if Cuse goes 28-3, they deserve a #1 seed. Regardless of the ACC Tourney.

:agree:was surprised that Lunardi has Kansas replacing Syracuse as a NR 1 seed after losing at home to an unranked team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You big10 homers are consistent...always speaking about games played in December when the good coaches were focusing on building teams. Now Virginia goes into the top ten and ZERO big10 teams are there. I have nothing to do with Virginia...just am not such a homer that I can't recognize good play when I see it.

I like to compliment good play and have not forgotten about Wisconsin who has Dekker and Kaminski; two outstanding big men and have so stated on many occasions. Same with Michigan State...many times. You Big10 homers are so much in love with yourselves that even your rose-colored glasses are fogged.

Virginia is in the ACC, Wisconsin is in the B1G. How in the hell are they going to play each other after the new year? The strength of a conference is built based on out of conference results.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia is in the ACC, Wisconsin is in the B1G. How in the hell are they going to play each other after the new year? The strength of a conference is built based on out of conference results.

I have stated many times, too much emphasis is placed on OOC games that are played in Nov and Dec when the really good coaches are working with their teams to make them better for the NCAA. Virginia was beaten by Tennessee by 35 points in December....doesn't mean a thing now. I would like to see OOC games spaced throughout the season.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grudgingly I must say, they are incredibly impressive and they are showing that at the right time. I think that if they get two wins in the ACC tourney they should be a 1 seed (maybe even with just one win), and I hope they become the first 1 seed to lose (sorry Jeffro ;))

They are a very very impressive team.

Let me go throw up now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated many times, too much emphasis is placed on OOC games that are played in Nov and Dec when the really good coaches are working with their teams to make them better for the NCAA. Virginia was beaten by Tennessee by 35 points in December....doesn't mean a thing now. I would like to see OOC games spaced throughout the season.

And I'll say it again, conference strength is built on out of conference results. Obviously UVA is playing well now, but they weren't very good out of conference. And yes that result against Wisconsin will have great meaning. It's one of the reasons why Wisconsin is in a position to get a better seed. The committee looks at the entire body of work.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll say it again, conference strength is built on out of conference results. Obviously UVA is playing well now, but they weren't very good out of conference. And yes that result against Wisconsin will have great meaning. It's one of the reasons why Wisconsin is in a position to get a better seed. The committee looks at the entire body of work.

Well, I guess some coaches look at it differently. Billy Donovan chose to sit 3 starters against Wisconsin because he needed to get their attention. Now that he has their attention, Florida has turned into a very good basketball team that plays excellent team ball. This is why when some folks are relying on RPI's to wholly support why one team is better than another, I feel that can give a skewed opinion. Again, it would be better to space out the OOC games throughout the year so those statistics have more meaning.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

our freshman guard was terrible in early dec !!! London is a stud today ! our loss to duke was a fluke and poorly called game . I will never forget that 3 pointer duke hit late in the game a 1 in a million shot . in dec gill wasn't playing good either . today if you have a player go off you put mister Anderson on him and he is gone as far as scoring .

yes we are over looked . I would love to have seen duke lose at va . the key game to our season was the terrible game vs tenn . that ass whipping changed the entire season .