• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Virginia the most underrated team in the Nation?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all you fucks in love with VA.....yeah...Cuse has something for that ass next time. :lm:

Even a loss in March don't mean shit. :nod:

well if the refs call the hook arounds on the inside be a lot of cuse players sitting on the bench with 4 fouls . but what shocked me was no rebounding ! we go four deep at c and big forward toby , gill , Mitchell , atkins . then pg London , brogdon and Anderson . small forward harris then you play nolte or one of the point guards at forward . we can go 10 deep and not worry about it . cuse looked very tired at the end of the game . :suds:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people that remember SU had 10 losses last year on the season are SU fans. Yet many basketball fans can tell you who was in the final four last year. So what about those 9 losses SU had prior to going to the dance?

And is there anyone that doesn't know UofL won it all last year. Yet...how many losses did UofL have and to whom? And what did those losses matter other than motivation which changed the way the team played.

The only people that remember Virginia and Wisconsin played are Wisconsin and Virginia fans. The only reason I know is because it was brought up in this thread. And I'll soon forget it again.

The reason nobody remembers games in November is because they really are no indicator of how teams perform in the NCAA Tournament.

That's all fine but what you are not getting is runeman the clown specifically stated that Virginia woulda beat any big10 team. Wisconsin already winning proves that even dumber as it sounds.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll say it again, conference strength is built on out of conference results. Obviously UVA is playing well now, but they weren't very good out of conference. And yes that result against Wisconsin will have great meaning. It's one of the reasons why Wisconsin is in a position to get a better seed. The committee looks at the entire body of work.

How can you say we were not very good OOC when our worst loss is to a team with an RPI of 53?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grudgingly I must say, they are incredibly impressive and they are showing that at the right time. I think that if they get two wins in the ACC tourney they should be a 1 seed (maybe even with just one win), and I hope they become the first 1 seed to lose (sorry Jeffro ;))

They are a very very impressive team.

Let me go throw up now.

The difference between you and hokiehi21 is that you recognize that UVa is a legit threat to go all the way and you hope that they choke. Hokiehi21 just refuses to face the fact that UVa is legit and is letting his homerism get in the way.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to just decide that Team A is better than Team B despite losing to them, why even play the games?

I could understand it if Wisconsin had gone on to finish 0.500 or something, but we're talking about two 5-loss teams, in the two best conferences, and one of them beat the other on the road.

Dude Wisconsin will be a higher seed in the dance, that's all that matters. As long as you know your team is better than the other who cares.

Alls that matters is the big tourney, whoever goes farther is the better team. Cuse has a history of doing it, so I'm not worried.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVa beat Wisky in Madison last year, does that mean UVa was the better team even though they didnt make it to the NCAAT?

No, because they didn't even make the tourney. They had a dozen losses. But when two teams have the same number of losses and similar resumes, head to head counts.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say we were not very good OOC when our worst loss is to a team with an RPI of 53?

UVA's Non conference RPI is sitting at 89. One good win. I'd define that as not very good, but maybe our definition of not very good is different.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time the ACC Tournament ends and "IF" UVa wins the ACC Tournament, then they will move to a #1 seed or at worst a #2.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time the ACC Tournament ends and "IF" UVa wins the ACC Tournament, then they will move to a #1 seed or at worst a #2.

Gotta figure Zona, Florida and Wichita are locked in 1 seeds. If Kansas and Wisconsin win out and win the Big 12 and B1G respectively they will be ahead of UVA. UVA is going to need ALOT of help to get on the 1 line. Only 2 top 25 wins and only 4 total top 50 wins. Far behind Wisconsin and Kansas at this point.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that has to happen in order for them to win the ACC Tournament. They could beat two more Top 25 teams in the process. If Kansas and Wisconsin lose again in their respective Tourney games, then by UVa winning both the regular season and Tournament would just about make them a no shit #1. But I'm not so sure that Kansas and Wisconsin really have to lose a Tourney game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that has to happen in order for them to win the ACC Tournament. They could beat two more Top 25 teams in the process. If Kansas and Wisconsin lose again in their respective Tourney games, then by UVa winning both the regular season and Tournament would just about make them a no shit #1. But I'm not so sure that Kansas and Wisconsin really have to lose a Tourney game.

I get what you're saying, I'm just saying should all 3 win their conference tournaments, UVA would not get a 1 seed. I actually only think Kansas will end up winning their conference tournament when all is said and done.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, I'm just saying should all 3 win their conference tournaments, UVA would not get a 1 seed. I actually only think Kansas will end up winning their conference tournament when all is said and done.

I agree with your first sentence. UVA a one seed is not impossible but not likely.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of all three; Wisconsin, Kansas, and Virginia winning their respective conference tournament is slim to none. Would not be surprised if just one wins or maybe none. It's hard to win a tournament with a one and out.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry douggie but you are giving the ACC waaaaaaaay too much credit if you assume this.

how often do teams (even if they are clearly much better than they were at the beginning of the season) lose 4 OOC games and only one conference game without it being pretty clear that whatever conference they play in isn't great?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not assuming anything. The committee looks at who is hot lately and who they have beaten. They won't hold a December loss heavier than a March win IMHO. If UVa beats Syracuse twice and/or Duke then all I'm saying is it puts them in the mix in a worst case scenario as a #2 after clinching a regular season ACC. That's all.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not assuming anything. The committee looks at who is hot lately and who they have beaten. They won't hold a December loss heavier than a March win IMHO. If UVa beats Syracuse twice and/or Duke then all I'm saying is it puts them in the mix in a worst case scenario as a #2 after clinching a regular season ACC. That's all.

fair enough. I think they are a lock for a 2 seed. I guess with KU losing to OSU maybe I'm wrong and UVA now has the inside track. I just happen to think they would have at least 3-4 more losses in the BIG, B12, or Pac-12 and it's tough to consider them for the 1 seed when the ACC looks so weak.

Then again, Kenpom wants to suck UVA's dick so maybe i'm the moron

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on UVa's ACC Tournament. They can ill afford an early exit in order to get to a #2 seed. Lose to FSU, Ga Tech, or NC State and it won't matter. But the way they are playing right now the possibility is they make it to at least the semis.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta figure Zona, Florida and Wichita are locked in 1 seeds. If Kansas and Wisconsin win out and win the Big 12 and B1G respectively they will be ahead of UVA. UVA is going to need ALOT of help to get on the 1 line. Only 2 top 25 wins and only 4 total top 50 wins. Far behind Wisconsin and Kansas at this point.

The thing Wisconsin has going against them is they CAN'T win the Big Ten regular season championship. If Kansas and Virginia win BOTH their regular season titles and their conference tourneys, it will trump Wisconsin if they only win the Big Ten tourney. Now if Michigan was able to win the Big Ten tourney, then maybe they are in a better running for a 1 seed. You are right though that they are all in the battle for the last 1 seed as the other 3 seem to be locks.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia is a statistical anomoly. The 4 most important team stats in cbb are offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, assist to to ratio and rebounding. Uva ranks in the top 40 in 1 of those and is 90th in off. efficiency and 160th in rebounding. The cavaliers are one of the most likely top 4 type seeds to lose in the firstvround