• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the face of the NBA?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt many have read this entire thread outside of the guys in the middle of it... So since Beardown wants us to shut it down now I'll post the 2 things that I've found disturbing about this thread...

First, as Turnup pointed out several times this thread wasn't started to discuss appearance at a business interview... In an attempt to take the racial undertones out of the discussion it went from Beasley's "thug" like "appearance", to hiring practices in corporate America... So lets go there first... You talk of "real life" situations and say things like, neck tats "crazy hair" sorry not hiring... Then go on to say it's not me but my clients, or that's how it is in America not me but... Funny thing is you have 2 types of clients, 1 who walks in blindly to the first open business or the other who does research before deciding to do business with said company... The one who walks in blindly usually isn't savy enough to care if your "rep" has some things that don't sit well with other corporate types, but will go along with it because "the corporation trusts him so should I..." The other won't care because if they did the research and decided your company was worthy of their business they'd trust your judgement in terms of your hiring process... Add that to the fact that if said tattooed/crazy haired rep came to you to apply for a job he more than likely knows his business and probably more than the normal rep as he knows you (the employer) may discriminate due to looks... To write him off IS a YOU problem... You don't know what he could bring to your business, but decide it can't be anything positive because of YOUR perceptions... If your business is top notch you don't need to discriminate to be successful... You make the right choices, you succeed... If you're worried about making others happy without knowing what that is exactly, but what you think it probably is, is you limiting yourself to what YOU think things need to be...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, dude, natural hairstyle or not, he looks like a thug to me. I will add that I am making it perfectly clear that I do not judge him to actually be a thug, but he only appears to be one to me.

I stated earlier that I understood how Hammer thought he looks like a thug.

If you or anyone else finds it offensive that I think that I do humbly apologize as I do not mean to offend anyone.

But the bottom line is that the dude looks like a thug to me. I am not familiar with the "culture" that accepts that particular hairstyle as "neat and proper." Like I said, if you find that offensive, please accept my apology.

Reread my posts on page 38.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read every page and haven't seen it... You were biased for what you saw...? What do you mean by this...? Why did/do you continue to call Beasley a thug and not the white mayor...? What am I hypocritical about...?

For about the 17th time, I NEVER SAID BEASLEY IS OR WAS A THUG. I only said that he looked like one. I never expressed any opinion about what that mayor looked or did not look like. Nor do I care to.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to close this thread also. It's getting old hat anyway.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For about the 17th time, I NEVER SAID BEASLEY IS OR WAS A THUG. I only said that he looked like one. I never expressed any opinion about what that mayor looked or did not look like. Nor do I care to.

Your a hypocrite. You implied alot of things. Where the fuck did I ever say or imply one deragatory thing about Jesus?

Yet, I became the anti Christ to you (not that I care). Just tired of hearing you continue to preach to the choir.

You don't seem to posess anywhere close to the values you say you choose to believe in.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot as far as I am concerned. I have had you on ignore for a good while now. As far as I am concerned you can take your posts and go play in traffic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • You're an idiot as far as I am concerned. I have had you on ignore for a good while now. As far as I am concerned you can take your posts and go play in traffic.
Thats not very Christian like:noidea:

Also, isn't the point of ignoring someone because you don't want to read posts of or interact with that person?
There really is no need to continue to tell them you are ignoring them. Is there?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TurnUp stop stalking him he doesn't want to date you. Not even courtside seats could land you a date.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt many have read this entire thread outside of the guys in the middle of it... So since Beardown wants us to shut it down now I'll post the 2 things that I've found disturbing about this thread...

First, as Turnup pointed out several times this thread wasn't started to discuss appearance at a business interview... In an attempt to take the racial undertones out of the discussion it went from Beasley's "thug" like "appearance", to hiring practices in corporate America... So lets go there first... You talk of "real life" situations and say things like, neck tats "crazy hair" sorry not hiring... Then go on to say it's not me but my clients, or that's how it is in America not me but... Funny thing is you have 2 types of clients, 1 who walks in blindly to the first open business or the other who does research before deciding to do business with said company... The one who walks in blindly usually isn't savy enough to care if your "rep" has some things that don't sit well with other corporate types, but will go along with it because "the corporation trusts him so should I..." The other won't care because if they did the research and decided your company was worthy of their business they'd trust your judgement in terms of your hiring process... Add that to the fact that if said tattooed/crazy haired rep came to you to apply for a job he more than likely knows his business and probably more than the normal rep as he knows you (the employer) may discriminate due to looks... To write him off IS a YOU problem... You don't know what he could bring to your business, but decide it can't be anything positive because of YOUR perceptions... If your business is top notch you don't need to discriminate to be successful... You make the right choices, you succeed... If you're worried about making others happy without knowing what that is exactly, but what you think it probably is, is you limiting yourself to what YOU think things need to be...

I guess I'll respond to this since it seems its addressed to me...

First off, as mentioned multiple times, every business is different. Not every job is like "retail" and the likes. I have already mentioned, that I do not have "walk-in" business. Me not hiring someone with a visible tattoo, is not MY problem, it's the tattooed persons problem and will continue to be a problem for him as long as he wants a professional job. Whining about stigma's that I did not create is futile. Also, all this garbage about integrity and business....my family's safety, security and survival is the most important thing to me...whether or not YOU view the world as fair?...not so much.

There sure seems to be a lot of people that know how to run a successful businesses all while upholding steadfast to their supposed integrity. So I assume you all own and operate your own successful businesses, right? Tattoos visible all along the way? Lotsa different fields out there, and subsequently there are thousands of ways to run a business, and thousands of businesses, that require different things, like, say a DRESS CODE.

I can almost guarantee, that all of you that are whining about fairness and business ethics, have visible tattoos, which just makes you whiners.

Btw, no offense wlk3, but your kids look miserable?? Don't ya got a picture of em' smiling?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: At least the oldest one looks miserable....the younger two are smiling.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you have a hand-tattoo, and be a genius? Absolutely. Though, if I were thinking of hiring you, my first thought would be, "how smart can this kid really be, if he gets a tattoo on his fucking hand!?!"

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There sure seems to be a lot of people that know how to run a successful businesses all while upholding steadfast to their supposed integrity. So I assume you all own and operate your own successful businesses, right? Tattoos visible all along the way? Lotsa different fields out there, and subsequently there are thousands of ways to run a business, and thousands of businesses, that require different things, like, say a DRESS CODE.

I own one. I dont enforce a dress code. I set an example and encourage my team to follow it. My team meets with clients face to face all the time. A dress code is not required when you work with the right people. If you are just hiring people to have a warm body I can see why you would have an issue.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People wanna get butthurt, because HD called him a thug. "Oh noes! He doesn't even know him!? THat's racist!!"

1) He doesn't need to know him. He presents himself in such a manner, that it speaks for itself.

2) THIS IS NOT ABOUT RACE!!! As also discussed in this Thread your appearance has nothing to do with your race, or it's respective, "natural hair". (which may have been one of the dumber comments made on this thread).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own one. I dont enforce a dress code. I set an example and encourage my team to follow it. My team meets with clients face to face all the time. A dress code is not required when you work with the right people. If you are just hiring people to have a warm body I can see why you would have an issue.

Good for you. You run one of a zillion businesses. One which doesn't need a dress code. Neato.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A dress code is most certainly required when you are trying to attract a certain kind of customers.

The Abercrombie and Fitch CEO is trying to attract a certain clientel which means he can't hire people overweight or that has tattoos. Hooters/Twin Peaks can't hire certain women.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People wanna get butthurt, because HD called him a thug. "Oh noes! He doesn't even know him!? THat's racist!!"

1) He doesn't need to know him. He presents himself in such a manner, that it speaks for itself.

2) THIS IS NOT ABOUT RACE!!! As also discussed in this Thread your appearance has nothing to do with your race, or it's respective, "natural hair". (which may have been one of the dumber comments made on this thread).
No one is butt hurt. Just voicing an opinion that HD's statement was asinine. Anyone that says someone is a thug due to a picture never met a thug and would probably start crying in fear if they did.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is butt hurt. Just voicing an opinion that HD's statement was asinine. Anyone that says someone is a thug due to a picture never met a thug and would probably start crying in fear if they did.

It's not asinine at all.

In fact, I would go so far as to say, that's EXACTLY "the look", that Beasley is going for.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you. You run one of a zillion businesses. One which doesn't need a dress code. Neato.
Try again. You dont have to have a dress code if you hire competent people and lead them. Your leadership determines how effective they are not how many tats or their hairstyle. Just because you're ignorant of that fact doesn't make you correct.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is not going for that look, then he has failed miserably.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if strip clubs hired polar bear woman half breeds? Yeesh, I for one am happy they do not!