• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the DudeofWV legit?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea who you are talking about but that has been kicked around for quite some time. The SEC wants NEW markets that is why we arent hearing about Clemson or FSU in the SEC because the SEC already owns those markets. NCst and VT would be two regional teams (which seems to still be a factor to the SEC) that would provide new market.

BTW this rumor, theory, or whatever you want to call it has been around a while so.........

Ypu haven't heard about FSU & Clemson to the SEC because of gentlemen's agreement between the schools of the SEC. UGA & SCAR don't want Clemson in, and Florida won't allow FSU or Miami in. Also, Mike SLive (SEC commish) has said that expansion will not include any school from a state that already has an SEC member.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned before:

They see it (and I tend to agree) like this:

The SEC would help football.
The B1G would help the university.

Virginia Tech sees the Big Ten as a better cultural and academic fit, FWIW. That's all I will say on here. Of we go to the sec, that's fine, but the Big Ten is a better fit IMO.

Yeah cuz weez just some dumb ole hicks down here (spits tobacco).

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter blowing up with reports that Clemson has agreed to a deal in principle with the Big12. The barn is burning down....will VT get out in time?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So several ppl on the board seem to think moving to the SEC would significantly improve recruiting. Would a move to the B1G or Big 12 have a similar impact? Moving to the B1G might make it even harder to recruit in SEC territory.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter blowing up with reports that Clemson has agreed to a deal in principle with the Big12. The barn is burning down....will VT get out in time?

Obviously the ACC is where VT wants to be. I know it is still early on in this, but I would think that the leadership (Weaver and Beams) is not naive enough to think that the ACC is the best place for VT even if/when any of the other big football schools jump ship, namely Clemson, FSU, and Miami. I like Dawgs theory on the handshake agreement between Florida, UGA, and USC-e and I don't doubt that at all. That doesn't mean one of these ACC schools wouldn't sneak into the SEC. I do think that VT, UVA, UNC, and NCST would be bigger targets for the SEC.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 46. It certainly sounds like things are happening fast with Clemson and FSU. I'd love to hear your take about when we could here concrete things about VT.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have to get out of the ACC...i'd be cool with the B1G or Big 12. the big 12 is seriously loaded with football schools. wvu, tcu, texas, oklahoma, ok state, all could be ranked in the top 20 to start the season. maybe even kansas state. add us to that, wow...

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we have to get out of the ACC...i'd be cool with the B1G or Big 12. the big 12 is seriously loaded with football schools. wvu, tcu, texas, oklahoma, ok state, all could be ranked in the top 20 to start the season. maybe even kansas state. add us to that, wow...

The Big 12 is a terrible conference to be in. It has quality teams, but it's a patchwork conference that is a Texas power move away from imploding again. Not to mention having to travel to all those places. It is going to exhaust VT's resources to the brink to play in the Big 12. I know there will be pod to help, but it doesn't help us at all with the other 8+ games. Then we'd have to deal with Texas' BS. No thanks.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A little side note to this whole story may be how recruits respond for this recruiting cycle. If Clemson and FSU bolt now and VT doesnt move quickly i think we could lose some traction with recruits and possibly have a decommit or 3. FWIW i really dont think VT will get left out but i do wonder how fast we will be to move.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dude of wv ‏ @ thedudeofwv
Big news coming up. Not from me but someone else! Yahoo

(later says the story isn't from Yahoo, just an unfortunate word choice for happy)

The Dude of WV ‏@theDudeofWV

Going on a 4+ hour bike ride. And it's not my story so I don't want to steal any thunder he deserves.

The Dude of WV ‏@theDudeofWV

Sorry folks... I gotta ride. The story should be out tonight so until then enjoy your sunday.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also if someone wants to look it up and verify...i have seen posted by other people that the big 12 covers the travel expenses for its programs

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big 12 pays travel expenses to bowl games, but not to regular season games.

Fwiw, Tech has lost money going to the last several bowl games, especially the BCS bowls.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fwiw, Tech has lost money going to the last several bowl games, especially the BCS bowls.

That's pretty bogus, given the amount of money the ACC gets for bowl appearances.

The expenses should come off the top, before any payouts are calculated, INCLUDING any tickets that must be purchased in accordance with the deal. No reason the school should be penalized for going to a bowl game, or hounded in the press for not selling the endzone nosebleeds.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
also if someone wants to look it up and verify...i have seen posted by other people that the big 12 covers the travel expenses for its programs

Im not sure if this is true or not. I googled and found it mentioned on a couple other message boards. Almost as often as it is mentioned there is someone else claiming that they dont. Not sure which is correct but the argument for it being false are: that all big 12 schools have a travel budget, that this was a rumor, that they dont do it now but might in the future, etc etc etc.

The only thing that seems set in stone is that they will have a conf travel fund were "extra money" will be distributed to schools, but the amount, how it will be divided, and when this will start all seem up for debate.IMO this may be a piece to the puzzle to help lure "eastern" teams to travel west. If they offer the money relative to the amount of miles traveled you would think FSU and other would be very fond of that.