• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the DudeofWV legit?

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He talks with authority. I have no idea if he has info to back it up. He basically says that if Clemson and FSU bolt than NC State and VT would be in the SEC very shortly thereafter.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. We are heading to God's Conference. Follow @GSwaim as well. He and the dude are the two most up to date on all things conference expansion. If we don't leave, we will never win a national title in football. Wouldn't be possible. 4 major conference champions playing for all the marbles. Talked to a guy on the BOV. Could come soon.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Have no idea who you are talking about but that has been kicked around for quite some time. The SEC wants NEW markets that is why we arent hearing about Clemson or FSU in the SEC because the SEC already owns those markets. NCst and VT would be two regional teams (which seems to still be a factor to the SEC) that would provide new market.

BTW this rumor, theory, or whatever you want to call it has been around a while so.........

Granddaddy South

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked: VT would make the SEC unstoppable......This has to be illegal!! LOL! How long will it take the government to step in and break up the SEC monopoly?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know why VT wouldn't be a member of the SEC, as it does have historical ties with the members of the SEC, and the geography works.

Why WOULDN'T it make sense?

Although when I think about it, the B1G might be even more appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Granddaddy South

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Virginia Tech wants to do it, honestly. I think they will end up in the B1G as I have said for a while now.

Matt will be mad, but in the end it will be for the better.

Seriously...I'd cry if that happened.

:faint2:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned before:

They see it (and I tend to agree) like this:

The SEC would help football.
The B1G would help the university.

Virginia Tech sees the Big Ten as a better cultural and academic fit, FWIW. That's all I will say on here. Of we go to the sec, that's fine, but the Big Ten is a better fit IMO.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As I mentioned before:

They see it (and I tend to agree) like this:

The SEC would help football.
The B1G would help the university.

Virginia Tech sees the Big Ten as a better cultural and academic fit, FWIW. That's all I will say on here. Of we go to the sec, that's fine, but the Big Ten is a better fit IMO.

Makes sense from that standpoint. It may actually be more where VT wants to be ultimately. Seems like they would move at the same time as FSU though. Isn't it a ridiculous amount of $ though?

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frankly...i don't care which of the 2 we go to....but i think either is better than the acc. the "image" of the acc by the "experts" is killing our chances

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the SEC wants us. By getting VT, they get a Virginia school. That gives them a claim to all the former Confederate States. Once this happens, the SEC will secede from the Union. Suck on that, yankees.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The remaining teams in the ACC will have 100 mil to divvy up.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh. Let the conference realignment rumors/speculation begin. Bitter has a nice article today with some links to some other writers

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...ut-is-it-a-tipping-point-in-college-football/

Possibilities of the Big 12 coming knocking??

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ns-bowl-changes-college-footballs-big-picture

This particular story mentions Miami, VT, Notre Dame, and FSU. Although the Big 12 would be the least likely to be the landing spot for VT (out of the 3 power conferences that have been mentioned), I have to admit, it would be fun to see Oklahoma, Texas, and the effin 'Neers coming back to town. Still the SEC and the B1G seems more likely..

Hopefully when everything starts falling apart, someone will come calling us...

Last edited by a moderator: