• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the Big 12 pretty much out of the playoffs now?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or does Ok St run the table? Do you think they put a one loss B12 team in the playoffs with a shortened season?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously depends on how the season plays out, but right now it's not looking good for them

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conferences never win shit, in fact it has never happened even once.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conferences never win shit, in fact it has never happened even once.

I don’t think the B12 is that bad, but I am a Michigan fan so my opinion is pretty skewed!

It’s been a terrible start for them this COVID season. Although the B10 and PAC 12 haven’t played a single game yet. So maybe we’ll see something similar from those teams.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or does Ok St run the table? Do you think they put a one loss B12 team in the playoffs with a shortened season?
I don't see 4 undefeated teams being in the playoffs, so we'll just have to see how it plays out. Oklahoma probably has the best chance.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, no Big12 team will make the playoff this year. OU prob wont win it either and the conference is as weak as a kitten.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way, but it does have to play out. I mean, the Buckeyes could be great and then have a massive outbreak as could any team. Clemson hasn’t had that one game yet they could lose. Same for any other contender. This is the one season it surely has to play out.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them going undefeated
Fortunately for them they have Texas and Ok as their last two games.

If Ok can hold on to the lead against Texas, that would give OK and Texas two losses...both by early October! Ok St is likely the B12’s only playoff Hope this year.

tony34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no great Big 12 teams this year and there might not be any really good teams in the conference either. Honestly OU in no way shape or form should have been in the playoffs last year either. For the past couple years or so the best Big 12 team would probably be about the fourth or fifth best team in the SEC. I'm really starting to question if Riley is developing his players the same way Stoops did and Texas is too quick to fire their coaches for them to be able to get a real good hold on things.

As for this year the teams that make it to the Big 12 championship game will probably come down to the winner of K-State and Iowa State and then Oklahoma State (even if Oklahoma and Texas have the best talent in the conference it is going to be difficult for either one of them to make it to the title game with two conference losses already).

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okielite will have to run the table. They don't have the brand name OU has. But with such a poor oc, the BigXII could easily get left out.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unless you think a P12 team is going unbeaten there will only be 3 unbeaten P5s max even if OKST loses so would a 1 loss ND or 1 loss UGA/Bama with no title get in over a 1 loss champion ISU/OKST? Probably . So it's not looking good and that doesn't even account fir an unbeaten byu type

tony34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff teams will like be Clemson, Ohio St. and two SEC schools.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff teams will like be Clemson, Ohio St. and two SEC schools.
You misspelled USC.

I have a bad feeling, and I don't like it, but they're going to be good. Even without LB depth.

tony34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misspelled USC.

I have a bad feeling, and I don't like it, but they're going to be good. Even without LB depth.
I don't have any belief in USC as a national contender these days. They havn't been a national title contender ever since Pete Carroll left. And it has only been two seasons since they had a losing record. I don't think they are going to have the competition this year anyways to be considered for the playoffs as Oregon is really the only other team in the Pac 12 that is that good.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any belief in USC as a national contender these days. They havn't been a national title contender ever since Pete Carroll left. And it has only been two seasons since they had a losing record. I don't think they are going to have the competition this year anyways to be considered for the playoffs as Oregon is really the only other team in the Pac 12 that is that good.
They still have a roster of monsters, a QB who can throw for 4k yards in a normal year and mutants all across the lineup. The second USC remembers what swagger looks like, they go back to terrifying.

And that the SEC and ACC types don't realize it is kind of funny. You're just legit ignoring the elephant in the room. "When will Texas be back" is the joke question held in reserve to "when will SC get its shit together". Any given year, and they got a QB already. A good USC rivals Bama in overall talent. A bad USC is still good on any given night.

They're fucking terrifying if they're good.

Hoping they're still fucked and ASU wins the opener.

Last edited:

tony34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have a roster of monsters, a QB who can throw for 4k yards in a normal year and mutants all across the lineup. The second USC remembers what swagger looks like, they go back to terrifying.

And that the SEC and ACC types don't realize it is kind of funny. You're just legit ignoring the elephant in the room. "When will Texas be back" is the joke question held in reserve to "when will SC get its shit together". Any given year, and they got a QB already. A good USC rivals Bama in overall talent. A bad USC is still good on any given night.

They're fucking terrifying if they're good.

Hoping they're still fucked and ASU wins the opener.

A lot of teams have 'monsters'. The difference is in if they have a coach that can make them play like monsters. USC hasn't had that since Pete Carroll and I don't think their current coach will be capable of taking them to that level.