• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Texas delusional?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

No need for a major airport when you see this landing at HS games.
images

Sweet brah.

IMG_9939a_1000.JPG

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shall we review the recruiting rankings of Alabama over the past 4-5 years?

Going out of state is hardly an issue for them. Oh nooooo, they have to take a private jet two, sometimes 3 states over!! What a hassle!! How crippling!!

Rivals recruiting rankings for Bama since '08:

2008: 1st
2009: 1st
2010: 5th
2011: 1st
2012: 1st
2013: 1st
2014: currently 1st.

Only one year did Texas have a better class.

And the premier job in ALL of football??? My god man, you truly are delusional.

It's a great job, but it's so difficult to take you seriously when you use this kind of arrogant delusional hyperbole.

I never said Bama's recruiting was bad, it's the best out there. Just saying the head football coach doesn't have to leave the state to get talent at Texas. If it's not the premier job in all of football, it's definitely top 3. Go back and refer to post #20. Stop hating on Daddy and use some common sense Corn Holer.....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen lots of pompom waving in here by Texas fans about how great a job the Texas job is and in all of those lists, not one has mentioned one of the things that a coach will be looking at when he decides to make a jump, Stability among the boosters and school.

From the outside looking in with friends among the boosters at Texas, i know that the infighting going on among the boosters, the governor and the board of regents, that this job is not a stable job currently for any HC including the current one.

Its no wonder Mack is so troubled right now with all the bitchy, whiny fans and boosters and the administration going head to head about his termination/firing/forced retirement. And while some of the names look to be solid ones, I know that the age of Mack has been a concern and the facts of the matter is two of the names on that list are very similar in age. Saban is 2 months younger than Mack and Miles is two years younger. Seems that if I was making a change for the future of a program, i would be looking to a younger coach with a good pedigree, maybe in FCS or lower tier FBS, not one of the proven commodities that could be on their last days of coaching themselves.

Lets here from the cheering section of the greatest job in all of college football on this. Please tell us how warring factions makes this a better job that say an Alabama or tOSU or Michigan, who are all equally excellent jobs in the MINDS OF THEIR FANS TOO.

There is no instability in the job. The new AD is in.

The problem is at the school president level, and that will end shortly. One, Perry will soon be out of the Governors office, so his meddling will end. UT will likely remove his appointees to the board and get the school itself moving again.

However, NONE of this really affects the athletic department, because UT runs the AD like a separate business.

Your post is much todo about nothing.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And lots of it!

It isn't as if Saban is coaching for a NC he has multiple.
Miles has one.
Harbaugh isn't leaving the Bay area, he could have gotten paid at UofM.

Cash talks and a lot of cash talks really loud!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen lots of pompom waving in here by Texas fans about how great a job the Texas job is and in all of those lists, not one has mentioned one of the things that a coach will be looking at when he decides to make a jump, Stability among the boosters and school.

From the outside looking in with friends among the boosters at Texas, i know that the infighting going on among the boosters, the governor and the board of regents, that this job is not a stable job currently for any HC including the current one.

Its no wonder Mack is so troubled right now with all the bitchy, whiny fans and boosters and the administration going head to head about his termination/firing/forced retirement. And while some of the names look to be solid ones, I know that the age of Mack has been a concern and the facts of the matter is two of the names on that list are very similar in age. Saban is 2 months younger than Mack and Miles is two years younger. Seems that if I was making a change for the future of a program, i would be looking to a younger coach with a good pedigree, maybe in FCS or lower tier FBS, not one of the proven commodities that could be on their last days of coaching themselves.

Lets here from the cheering section of the greatest job in all of college football on this. Please tell us how warring factions makes this a better job that say an Alabama or tOSU or Michigan, who are all equally excellent jobs in the MINDS OF THEIR FANS TOO.

A lot of the issues are dying. Powers is now safe. Rick Perry is pretty much over, so things are settling down. The big issues are pretty much behind Texas and Powers. That said there are always power struggles when a vacuum is created. New AD and a new coach means people will try to defend or increase their influence. Pretty normal in politics. Nothing that would not happen anywhere else.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The athletic dept at Texas is a self supporting auxiliary, meaning it doesn't receive a penny from the school or the state and is ran separately. The athletic dept receives their money from private contributions, merchandise and ticket sales, etc. Like a previous poster has said, the new AD has been hired, so there is no instability whatsoever. Perry is soon gone and so will his cronies. Mack has been coach for 16 years, not sure how much more stability you need.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$T2eC16NHJI!E9qSO8GbYBRVDBqI0J!~~60_35.JPG

love the logo on the new UF hospital copter:
50035175.ShandsCairLogo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no instability in the job. The new AD is in.

The problem is at the school president level, and that will end shortly. One, Perry will soon be out of the Governors office, so his meddling will end. UT will likely remove his appointees to the board and get the school itself moving again.

However, NONE of this really affects the athletic department, because UT runs the AD like a separate business.

Your post is much todo about nothing.

Mack Brown says Bullshit.

I am sure that the new AD has brought some stability to the department, but his ability to govern only goes so far. a new HC will go along ways towards fixing it also, but making the RIGHT choice and not the quick fix choice could be the difference here. Smart money is on a young gun who has some moxie and swagger that can come in and breathe life into the program for a long time. They appear to be looking at guys well into or past their prime, when they didnt do that when they hired Mack himself. i believe he was around 46=47 when they hired him, but are now looking to appease the masses by hiring a quick fix in a possible Saban or Miles? Not seeing this new AD being that stupid unless he is caving to pressure from above. If he does, then the fix you claim he represents hasnt happened yet because he is but a mere yes man.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Miles? 4 of those 5 names are Jimmy Sexton clients looks to me like Jimmy is trying to get all his boys raises. Have no idea who represents Jim Harbaugh though.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be this delusional. Being the head football coach at the University of Texas is the premier job in all of football, be it college or pro. Money is never an issue, facilities are amazing, never have to leave your state to recruit as you are sitting in rich fertile recruiting grounds, amazing alumni/fan/student base, Austin is a badass city, rich history and winning tradition, etc, etc. Alabama has the same aspects, except Bama has to rely on talent from outside their state in order to be relevant, at Texas, the head coach doesn't have that problem. Mack Brown is still the only coach to win a BCS title where all 22 starters were all from the same state.

The Big 12 conference is bad it's the SWC 2.0.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Aggy, so proud of his helicopter and thought they had the only one.........

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown says Bullshit.

I am sure that the new AD has brought some stability to the department, but his ability to govern only goes so far. a new HC will go along ways towards fixing it also, but making the RIGHT choice and not the quick fix choice could be the difference here. Smart money is on a young gun who has some moxie and swagger that can come in and breathe life into the program for a long time. They appear to be looking at guys well into or past their prime, when they didnt do that when they hired Mack himself. i believe he was around 46=47 when they hired him, but are now looking to appease the masses by hiring a quick fix in a possible Saban or Miles? Not seeing this new AD being that stupid unless he is caving to pressure from above. If he does, then the fix you claim he represents hasnt happened yet because he is but a mere yes man.

Not sure ANY coach is a quick fix.

They are simply looking at who they believe to be the best coach for the job, I don't think they care about age.

If Saban were 45, it wouldn't change anything. The mentality is that you don't give the keys to the Ferrari to a teenager -meaning you don't hand it over to a guy with no experience

They are looking for a PROVEN winner. If you can find one that's young, GREAT. If not, that's fine as well. The AD's reputation and job hinges on hiring the right guy. If he hires the wrong young guy, people start pointing fingers at him. A coach is an AD's legacy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure ANY coach is a quick fix.

They are simply looking at who they believe to be the best coach for the job, I don't think they care about age.

If Saban were 45, it wouldn't change anything. The mentality is that you don't give the keys to the Ferrari to a teenager.

They are looking for a PROVEN winner. If you can find one that's young, GREAT. If not, that's fine as well. The AD's reputation and job hinges on hiring the right guy. If he hires the wrong young guy, people start pointing fingers at him. A coach is an AD's legacy.

My point in this is that if you give the keys to a man whose license is about to expire, he will be giving them back soon. If you are looking for the man of the future, you dont give them to a man who is almost the same age as the man who they are replacing, you look elsewhere for a man in his late 30's or 40's and work around the possible lull in winning for a year or two, possibly three. If that person doesnt make strides to improve, then you replace him. Proven winners are great, but they are usually older and more established.

I look back at the greats and not one was hired at age 60 or above to coach at a school that was looking at a proven winner, they were hired younger and turned the school into a proven winner. Quick fixes are nice, but if Texas is all that you guys claim it to be, then a guy who is young, energetic, has a good head for staff and can recruit and coach, should be able to make Texas a winner again. Anyone with money can hire a hired gun for a few wins.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point in this is that if you give the keys to a man whose license is about to expire, he will be giving them back soon. If you are looking for the man of the future, you dont give them to a man who is almost the same age as the man who they are replacing, you look elsewhere for a man in his late 30's or 40's and work around the possible lull in winning for a year or two, possibly three. If that person doesnt make strides to improve, then you replace him. Proven winners are great, but they are usually older and more established.

I look back at the greats and not one was hired at age 60 or above to coach at a school that was looking at a proven winner, they were hired younger and turned the school into a proven winner. Quick fixes are nice, but if Texas is all that you guys claim it to be, then a guy who is young, energetic, has a good head for staff and can recruit and coach, should be able to make Texas a winner again. Anyone with money can hire a hired gun for a few wins.

This is true.....but once again, I don't think they are thinking that way. They are simply looking for the best coach they can find.

I'm not on the Saban bandwagon. Hell I don't like much of the lists I've seen. But I'm not a decision maker here.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we would not I guarantee you that.

Okie jr and Baylor would have 30 or 40 on the board by halftime. Texas and OU would score at will, hell 80% of the Big 12 teams would score at will on Aggy's defense. Ya'll aren't that good and have beaten nobody this year. You lost to all the good teams.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true.....but once again, I don't think they are thinking that way. They are simply looking for the best coach they can find.

I'm not on the Saban bandwagon. Hell I don't like much of the lists I've seen. But I'm not a decision maker here.

And this is why i dont think the new AD is going to be the fix. I honestly feel if he is a real AD, he will tell them to pound sand and that he wants a young gun to come in and breathe life into a lifeless team instead of the band-aid they want to try. Band-aid are nice, but if the sore is too big you will eventually need an amputation or surgery to repair the wound. Best do that before it reaches gangrene state.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not obsessed

:lame:

I am not following the argument here, i thought defense was only a very small part of Big 12 ball. I have only seen one team that even plays a little defense in the past few years from the Big 12, and Texas has not been stellar in that area in a couple of years now. Defense and Big 12 in the same sentence is as ridiculous as military intelligence is.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not obsessed

:lame:

What is the topic of this thread? Yet somehow a helicopter photo and the Big 12 sucking is what you guys bring to the table? Typical look at me, I'm cool too guys behavior from little brother...

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the topic of this thread? Yet somehow a helicopter photo and the Big 12 sucking is what you guys bring to the table? Typical look at me, I'm cool too guys behavior from little brother...

Hey daddy, you might want to line up a proctologist because not only did baylor tear you a new asshole, the ducks are about to stomp a mudhole in it:lol:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey daddy, you might want to line up a proctologist because not only did baylor tear you a new asshole, the ducks are about to stomp a mudhole in it:lol:

You sit in the corner and shut your mouth or daddy will beat you again like we always do when you speak out of turn...:suds:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie jr and Baylor would have 30 or 40 on the board by halftime. Texas and OU would score at will, hell 80% of the Big 12 teams would score at will on Aggy's defense. Ya'll aren't that good and have beaten nobody this year. You lost to all the good teams.

No they won't!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way is Texas interested in Les Miles. AFA the next HC coach at Texas it's probably going to be a surprise, just like the choice of Patterson as the new AD.
However, the one quality I know he will possess is a strong offensive or defensive philosophy and the ability to transfer that onto the football field.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Jerry Gray would take it after we screwed him by offering him the DB coach job and giving the DC position to Manny Diaz. Somehow he was good enough to coordinate an NFL defense but not Texas. Over an under qualified guy who had no connections at all to Texas and had never done anything anywhere worth talking about.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Jerry Gray would take it after we screwed him by offering him the DB coach job and giving the DC position to Manny Diaz. Somehow he was good enough to coordinate an NFL defense but not Texas. Over an under qualified guy who had no connections at all to Texas and had never done anything anywhere worth talking about.
Pretty sure Gray was going to take the Texas job, but Mike Munchack was hired as the Titans HC and decided to take that job instead.