• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Texas delusional?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, ban me, Maybe you have a few lobes missing, but I think it is pretty clear I won't care if I get banned.

Why would I post on a message board that allows it's moderators to create the own little world were they can censor peoples opinions and posts because they do not like them?

If you didn't care you wouldn't be throwing a fit.

But I see you are banned now, so..

Called it!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On our Nebraska boards they are saying Mack Brown is out, and Applewhite is the interim head coach for the Bowl Game.

Supposedly, Nebraska is interested in Mack Brown. That makes Nebraska delusional.

Brasky is posting the stuff from Twitter about it.

I believe TexasExes98 said Tuesday was the day. Could be an interesting Tuesday.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see what happened. But I would have to guess it was pretty bad to get deleted based on the stuff I've seen stay.

If Mamba deleted it, it needed to be deleted. End of story.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AUSTIN is the best of both worlds.

At its heart it is a college town.
It has all the funky "Keep Austin Weird" youthful vibe of a college centric town.
But, it is also a big city that has the conveniences and amenities of a population center.

It pulls off the perfect balancing act.

Most big cities have a bunch of pro teams that overshadow the college town.
The college team becomes invisible.

Or conversely the town is too small that the college team is far too important and it becomes a fishbowl. The college team simply dominates every aspect of life.

AUSTIN, TX and COLUMBUS, OH are the only ones who do both very well.

but do you have crazy ants?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/08/magazine/crazy-ants.html?pagewanted=2&_r=0&smid=fb-nytimes

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longhorn fans.

Lets move on. I know all of you (hookem, hornsstampede, codaxx, charlie, demo) from cBS and this is very out of character.

I am 100% neutral here. That I promise you.

Personal things were said on both sides. This is simply aTm and Longhorn rivalry shit talk gone sideways.

fordman is a great moderator and poster. Emotions get heated often here and this isnt the first time that rival fans go down this road.

Calling out and carrying on with the mod stuff and especially posting pms is not cool.

If you have problems with a mod pm another mod, Hammerdown, or SFNL rather than post it publicly.

The deleted posts had to be done. This is not the place for that kind of back and forth.

No more piling on fordman and his duties here. And then this shit will go away.

That is how I see it.

fordman has previously called me "a worthless piece of shit" multiple times. He actually thought he could provoke me with juvenile commentary.
Then when I brought up weird traditions of the gaggie Corp and their use of mason jars, he wrote "have you come out to your parents?" implying I was gay. I'm heterosexual and have never had a homosexual experience.
When we got the better of him he deletes 2 pages of this thread and tries to act like an adult. He was clearly abusing his rights as an administrator.
He can 'serve it up', but can't handle it when he is 'served'.

Guess what? I'll bet he deletes this post as well.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba didn't delete it and although I shouldn't say anything about all this because it involved me I will say this. I don't agree with Demo in that this board is moderated poorly. It is one of the best moderated boards I have used. I won't let one thread ruin my opinion of this site and its moderation. This site is a breath of fresh air that allows adults to be adults and speak frankly with each other. If I would have noticed Demo burning the place down on my behalf I would have PMed him to let it go. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention and I doubt he would have listened to me anyway. He is a good poster who only gets cranky when his school is attacked like many others do also. He didn't post much here but he was a long time CBS poster who I personally liked. I hope he is allowed to return and he post here more often so that he can see this isn't CBS or some of the other sites that didn't allow free speech on anything they didn't agree with.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On our Nebraska boards they are saying Mack Brown is out, and Applewhite is the interim head coach for the Bowl Game.

Supposedly, Nebraska is interested in Mack Brown. That makes Nebraska delusional.

Brasky is posting the stuff from Twitter about it.

I believe TexasExes98 said Tuesday was the day. Could be an interesting Tuesday.

I think Mack retires if he announces his resignation tomorrow or whenever. I don't see Nebraska hiring Mack either. I think NU goes after somebody like Cowher or Gruden, or possibly Charlie Strong.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maturity or Immaturity? Your choice.

fordman deleted 2 to 3 pages of posts when he couldn't handle behavior that was less than what he was dishing out.
... and then he tries to act rational after abusing his admin status. Something is seriously wrong with him.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said I believe Demo and Charlie and any others should be given a pass for today. Actions taken today are not consistent with SportsHoopla moderation and any anger that ensued afterwards that should be taken into account. Not that my opinion matters since I don't own this site.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see what happened. But I would have to guess it was pretty bad to get deleted based on the stuff I've seen stay.

Hook'em Horn got a PM from Fordman where FordMan was threatening to reveal personal info of
"I'd rather be fishing" the poster from FSU.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hook'em Horn got a PM from Fordman where FordMan was threatening to reveal personal info of

Sounds like Fordman can't take what he dishes out. Anyway, MODS on this board is a thousand times better than when this site was founded and was ran by Corn Hole fans. If you said one thing bad about NU, you got banned, although Corn Hole fans were allowed to run their mouths and talk shit about Texas. This place really used to fucking suck, but not anymore.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised when the deleting happened and then FordMan gets back on the thread and acts all rational. It's like he's schizo. Talks shit, can't handle the interaction, blows up, calms down and acts like he was calm the entire time. Weird.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not true Charlie. Just drop it man. We don't need more Texas posters banned over something that has already been addressed and fixed. I'm confident in all the moderators on this site including Fordman84. Everybody has a bad day and he has no history of being a bad moderator and is well liked on this board.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ok... I read over everything (deleted and not deleted).. Even though we are mods, it is hard to not get involved in certain arguments & sech. It's never a good idea for anyone to start individual threads about moderation on here as it will almost certainly earn someone a timeout to keep the place from getting shit on. We'll take a look at the banning but in the meantime, lets just drop it for now. K?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tried to end this, but you guys won't let it go. This is EXACTLY why I ended it, because it is like a game of telephone. By tomorrow the story will be that I'm really bin laden.

Just let me clean the thread and if you want to deal with this PM me or Another mod.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Saban's wife is caught house-hunting near Austin in October.
2. Rumors picked up by Texas papers say Mack is out.
3. A contract extension is sitting on Saban's desk. He hasn't touched it.
4. Texas is offering $10 mil per year, 10 year contract for $100 million, $3 mil more per year than Bama is offering.
5. Saban says he isn't going to take it. Saban said exactly the same thing about the Miami job and the Bama job.

He's gone. You can kiss his ass good-bye, Bama fans. I'm sorry.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Saban's wife is caught house-hunting near Austin in October.
2. Rumors picked up by Texas papers say Mack is out.
3. A contract extension is sitting on Saban's desk. He hasn't touched it.
4. Texas is offering $10 mil per year, 10 year contract for $100 million, $3 mil more per year than Bama is offering.
5. Saban says he isn't going to take it. Saban said exactly the same thing about the Miami job and the Bama job.

He's gone. You can kiss his ass good-bye, Bama fans. I'm sorry.

For #5 what he mutters at the end is "as long as Bama beats it".

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess none of you are in sales? You have to ask the question. You have to ask them, why the hell not? I don't understand why you wouldn't ASK THEM.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fans delusional? Are you serious? Of course not.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are Texas and you can afford to put $100 million on the table you can ask anyone you dog gone well please. And most of them would be idiots to turn it down!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Holy *expletive*! There are ants crawling all over me! Phantom scratching, itching everywhere. I finally just got my car and got out of there."

Crazy ants. I've grown up with fire ants, now I fear the onslaught of these crazy ants?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious which list this is from...

Austin has been at the top of every list for the last half decade or more: Top places to raise family, top entertainment town, top recession proof, top outdoors city, top overall to live.

Google is your friend.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't Texas be delusional AND the job is a great job that almost any coach in football would want to take a look at, at least?