• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Nebraska having buyers remorse?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello SMU and Rice? Texas is on the phone and they'd like to get back to 12 teams.

LMAO!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and given the facts, the Big 12 remains a viable conference. Nebraska shat on tradition and their fans won't admit it that they did it for money.

Nebraska rocked the boat and blamed others when they jumped ship. Really?

I could respect the Husker fans if they admitted the truth but they can't. Texas caused everything because they beat Nebraska 9 times out of 10 and the losers ran away. (expletives deleted).

I'll admit it. I've never denied it. Money and stability. They go hand in hand.

You don't throw away a good paying job with stability to take less money on a fly by night company with no security.
However, you do change jobs when the pay is better and there's more stability.

The Big 10 is 10X the conference the Big 12 was in every way.

Every way!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and you question my sobriety?

Who the hell else is Texas gonna get?

They aren't getting anyone from the SEC, Big 10, PAC, or ACC.

Teams leave the Big 12 to go UP to those conferences. Teams from those conferences don't go DOWN to the Big 12.

Give me one example of a Big 10, ACC, SEC or PAC team going to the Big 12.

I can give 5 examples of the other. Those 5 did it for economics and stability.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't throw away a good paying job with stability to take less money on a fly by night company with no security.

Every way!!!!

Really? 10x the conference in every way? That is such a fucked up statement that usually comes from a Tea Party asshat. Are you a GOP troll?

BTW, Wrong in revenue per capita, but definitely in not having to compete with Texas in football 2 times in 4 years.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know of a single Big 12 school that does not have their own network deal. I just wished that the Longhorn Network was available "a la carte". I am not paying for LHN and getting other crap I won't watch.

K-state has their own network already in place, WVU just signed their 3rd tier rights to IMG for $75M-$120M (WV MetroNews ? How IMG?s third-tier deal impacts fans), although KU sold their 3rd tier rights back in '06, they are getting a new and better deal this time around with ESPN (Kansas Jayhawks sign third-tier media deal with ESPN - ESPN) and the Sooner network has been in the making ever since UT launched their own network (Oklahoma Sooners looking to launch their own TV channel | Dallas Morning News), just a matter of time before "Land Thief TV" will be launched.....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas got Nebraska and made them take their balls and ran away.:laugh3:

Umm no. Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and Baylor ditched the Southwest Conference and joined the Big 8.

The Big 8 didn't join the Southwest Conference.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every way!!!!

Nothing wrong with that. Like I said before, Nebraska left to be a higher paid bitch, nothing more, nothing less. It was a good move academically, too, although NU went from being the 8th ranked academic school in the Big 12 to dead last in the B1G. What I find hypocritical though is Nebraska ran away from the unequal revenue sharing problem they created in the 1st place. Remember though, Nebraska was sloppy thirds to the B1G when Texas and ND said no to invites. B1G had to "settle".....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hello

SMU. Rice, Houston....Any takers? We need to get back to 12 teams here. Think of it as a SWC family reunion."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with that. Like I said before, Nebraska left to be a higher paid bitch, nothing more, nothing less. It was a good move academically, too, although NU went from being the 8th ranked academic school in the Big 12 to dead last in the B1G. What I find hypocritical though is Nebraska ran away from the unequal revenue sharing problem they created in the 1st place. Remember though, Nebraska was sloppy thirds to the B1G when Texas and ND said no to invites. B1G had to "settle".....

According to Delaney and the Big 10. Notre Dame is the only school that the Big 10 has officially offered and been denied.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have looked at Texas, but they never officially offered them.

That is a fact.

Y'all can adlib to that all you want. It will be mere bloviating speculation.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they openly admit to being denied by Notre Dame, but not admit to being denied by Texas?

The answer is....Because they never officially invited Texas. It's as simple as that.

The Texas retort you'll here to that fact is that Texas told the Big 10 they weren't interested, therefore the Big 10 didn't waste their time going through the official process (thru the presidents) to make the invite.

The problem with that excuse is that Notre Dame told the Big 10 that they weren't interested, yet the Big 10 still went through the process of making an official invite.

Seems to me Texas wasn't all that desired.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can everybody see the lying scum that Texas is. They were NEVER "invited" to the Big 10.

Never ever ever ever ever....

It is a flat out lie.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can everybody see the lying scum that Texas is. They were NEVER "invited" to the Big 10.

Never ever ever ever ever....

It is a flat out lie.

No, you're right, there never was an invite. WHat I should have said is after Texas showed no interest of joining the Big 10 and ND said no to their invite, Big 10 then had to "settle" for Nebraska.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm no. Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and Baylor ditched the Southwest Conference and joined the Big 8.

The Big 8 didn't join the Southwest Conference.

Officially and historically, the Big 8 and some teams from the SWC created a new conference, the Big 12.

Nebraska rocked the conference boat and complained that Texas beating them on every sport, except Women's Gymnastics, and fucked them up so much that they had to leave for another conference.

Cry me a fucking river.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially and historically, the Big 8 and some teams from the SWC created a new conference, the Big 12.

Nebraska rocked the conference boat and complained that Texas beating them on every sport, except Women's Gymnastics and Women's Bowling, and fucked them up so much that they had to leave for another conference.

Cry me a fucking river.

FIFY......Those Huskers can bowl!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're right, there never was an invite. WHat I should have said is after Texas showed no interest of joining the Big 10 and ND said no to their invite, Big 10 then had to "settle" for Nebraska.

Why would they openly admit to being denied by Notre Dame, but not admit to being denied by Texas?

The answer is....Because they never officially invited Texas. It's as simple as that.

The Texas retort you'll here to that fact is that Texas told the Big 10 they weren't interested, therefore the Big 10 didn't waste their time going through the official process (thru the presidents) to make the invite.

The problem with that excuse is that Notre Dame told the Big 10 that they weren't interested, yet the Big 10 still went through the process of making an official invite.

Seems to me Texas wasn't all that desired.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, while the Big Ten was telling Nebraska in secret communications, "We want you", they were publicly telling the nation, "We really want Texas", it was a total FUCK. Nebraska was the easy FUCK and hook up.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't pay attention to the world herald. Just a bunch of anti-Bo idiots. Those morons actually expect results. Just keep your mouth shut so you can be invited to the annual husker press jerk off sessions like the rest of the state.