• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Martinez our QB of the future?...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are having a hard time giving him credit??????? 5 out of ten people I talk to are ready to have him start.............. next year.......

I know he's fast.... That's why most schools recruited him as a athlete

Listen I am around tons of people every day who are crazy husker fans and not one of them say Martinez is going to "start." That is blowing things far out of proportion. People are excited about his speed and elusiveness. Green can run, but Martinez is quicker. Nebraska can use Martinez for different things......and they will. Like Bo said, Martinez IS going to play this season, and it won't be in the 4th quarter when the game is over with.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen I am around tons of people every day who are crazy husker fans and not one of them say Martinez is going to "start." That is blowing things far out of proportion. People are overexcited about his speed and elusiveness. Green can run, but Martinez is quicker. Nebraska can use Martinez for different things......and they will. Like Bo said, Martinez IS going to play this season, and it won't be in the 4th quarter when the game is over with.

I agree

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OP...

No it's a bunch of bs hype... which is doing exactly what needed to be done... give everyone something to talk about...... Greens stats were better............... Why no talk about is Green the QB of the future.......

Green's passing stats were better. Martinez had better rushing stats. Just about every one of his runs were impressive. Only one or two of Green's passes were impressive.

Who's the better QB between the two? We may find out in the fall.

By the way, there's been many threads about Green being our starter, on this board and the Disney board, so you can't say otherwise.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are always going to be overexcited about players that haven't shown themselves worthy in a game yet.

Let's not get carried away here.......nobody has proven a damn thing. I am a huge Cody Green fan, but I have to be real with myself and remind myself that......we are all still basing our hopes and dreams off of his high school videos as of right now......it's frustrating to think about, but it's the truth. I believe he is the real deal, but God damn we gotta give that poor guy some room to work. We need to stop putting the weight of the world on the kid's fuckin shoulders.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many of Martinez's yards were before contact?

We all know that Green CAN run....

We don't know if Martinez CAN throw....

We all know Green wasn't really ready last year..........

Why after one PRACTICE....... Would Martinez be ready this year.........

After one PRACTICE......... Martinez is all the rage in this state and it's fucking rediculous........ especially cuz his stats weren't all that great..... Now obviously haven't WATCHED the PRACTICE because I wasn't going to drive 3 hours to watch a PRACTICE but...... How many of his running yards were off one big run??? or maybe two medium runs...........

Just remember...... We talking about PRACTICE, Man, PRACTICE

One practice? There were 15 practices this spring.

Before getting all upset, I'm sure you realize that none of our QBs this spring looked awesome. They all have a ways to go.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People are always going to be overexcited about players that haven't shown themselves worthy in a game yet.

Let's not get carried away here.......nobody has proven a damn thing. I am a huge Cody Green fan, but I have to be real with myself and remind myself that......we are all still basing our hopes and dreams off of his high school videos as of right now......it's frustrating to think about, but it's the truth. I believe he is the real deal, but God damn we gotta give that poor guy some room to work. We need to stop putting the weight of the world on the kid's fuckin shoulders.

Green will get his chance to shine in the fall with a much better supporting cast. Better offensive line play, running backs, and improved receivers.

If he doesn't perform well this year, no one can be blamed except Green himself.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things:

1. From what I have heard from people that I believe none of the QBs stood up like they wanted to take the job away from Lee.

2. If we run a 2 QB system then we are in trouble. I have never been a fan of a 2 QB system and our current OC does not like the 2 QB system.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 things:

1. From what I have heard from people that I believe none of the QBs stood up like they wanted to take the job away from Lee.

2. If we run a 2 QB system then we are in trouble. I have never been a fan of a 2 QB system and our current OC does not like the 2 QB system.

Lee is still the QB to beat from what I've seen.
I also hope we don't see a two QB system.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Green is the QB to beat..

Last year all we heard was that Green and Lee were "close"

Now Green has improved and Lee has been sidelined...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a comletely unbiased angle at this...............

Lee will be the starter come this fall. Trust me I want Green to be superman, I truly do. Shit, I want any guy who is going to play QB for Nebraska to be superman. But even Cody said it himself, it's Lee's job to lose. If Cody can take it away from him, then more power to him.....I will be all smiles as long as someone runs the offense efficently this season.

As for Martinez.....as I said earlier, I am not exactly saying he needs to play QB. It may sound ridiculous, but the coaching staff has honestly talked about the idea of him returning punts......personally looking at that speed I like that idea. Of course, I know nothing about how sure his hands are.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I heard someone argue for a redshirt/position change for Green... Only other position his size fits is TE and he can't catch.. i lol'd

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Green is strictly a QB in my opinion. Of course I am not a football genius or anything....though I'd like to believe I am sometimes :D

I'm lookin to see a lot more confidence come out of him this season. That is what I meant when I was saying we have put too much pressure on him. That poor kid looked like he couldn't breathe when he was in against OU last year.....Memorial Stadium against OU at night is about as testing of an environment as it can possibly get. And then he had all those expectations riding his shoulders.....and he was what, 18 years old? Shit I remember being 18...... that would have completely rocked my shit being in his shoes.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I remember when I was like 15 I believed I would seriously walk on to play for Nebraska......and if anybody told me I was crazy I gave them a swift kick in the ass. I was working out hours on end trying to increase my vertical, 40 time, and overall agility.....then I got a little older......and a little older......and a little less confident :)

I didn't want to take any performance enhancers.....so I eventually decided I wasn't meant to play for the ol' cornhuskers. To be quite honest I just didn't have the guts to give it a try.....there was a kid from my high school who went all out doing the same things I did and then walked on for Nebraska and ended up playing on all the special teams' units.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like what I did about playing football at all... I'm pissed at my freshman/sophomore high school self.. dumb ass

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my word... Zac Lee is going to be a much better QB in 2010. Will he be improved enough to hold his starting position? That remains to be seen.

Couldn't agree more.

For all the lunatics saying Green or Martinez, their passing stats resemble what Lee did on an average day last season. I don't care whose name was on the back of a jersey on defense, they didn't run more than a handful of REAL defensive plays, and they couldn't muster more than a mediocre passing day.

If the D was playing for real, blitzing almost every play like they usually do, Green and Martinez look like a couple of backups like they will be next year.

It's good to have faith in our future QBs, but be realistic, Green hasn't shown enough progress YET to take the starting job, and Martinez is a guy better fit for our offense a decade ago.

Lee will be healthy, and more accurate because of it, and our receivers will not drop so many damn balls, put those 2 together, Lee has a very respectable season.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a further note, to all the people hailing Burkhead to be "superman" next season, don't forget how great Helu is. He has as much health issues as Burkhead, but when healthy, you can't even seriously compare the two. When he isn't nursing an injury, Helu is the best back we have had since the late 90s...and that is a fact.

I love Burkhead, he represents everything I love about Husker football, but he isn't as good as Helu YET.

I believe Burkhead, Martinez, and Green will all be great players for NU... but settle down....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a further note, to all the people hailing Burkhead to be "superman" next season, don't forget how great Helu is. He has as much health issues as Burkhead, but when healthy, you can't even seriously compare the two. When he isn't nursing an injury, Helu is the best back we have had since the late 90s...and that is a fact.

I love Burkhead, he represents everything I love about Husker football, but he isn't as good as Helu YET.

I believe Burkhead, Martinez, and Green will all be great players for NU... but settle down....

This honestly is all I was trying to get at with my postings in this thread......I honestly don't believe for 1 second that anyone right now stands above Lee....and as far as Martinez goes, I was just referring to his speed. And I would have never said I am excited to see him on the field this year if I didn't hear Bo say it first. So, as Bo said, we will see Martinez using that speed on the field this year.......I'm exicted to see how it turns out.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't singling anyone out, I was speaking to the general population.