• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it fair to call this "Andyball" yet?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grinding away at the defense with minimal mistakes, eventually scoring whenever they need to. Primarily through the passing games and pseudo-run-plays.

Dominant Defense to suffocate drives that dare to challenge leads; or to stifle any further scoring in general.

Special teams that can "flip the field" in the heartbeat.

Do it all RB's.

#1 Reciever ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great week for Chief fans! 6-0 and broke the record for loudest stadium! Congrads! :suds:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great week for Chief fans! 6-0 and broke the record for loudest stadium! Congrads! :suds:

Thanks, I am honestly shocked both Seattle and KC beat out a Soccer club in Istanbul that actually allows vuvuzelas and what not... think about that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my work: I read it elsewhere.

---------------------------------------------

Conservative, ball-control offense and field position isn't sexy but it wins football games.*A few things that cannot be emphasized enough:

KC #1 in average Offense starting position (own 34.4) and average Opponent starting position (22.2)

The NFL average for starting field position is own 27.8.

At an NFL average of 13 drives per game, the Chiefs needed 86 FEWER yards a game in total offense to have the same scoring chances as NFL averages predict.

On Defense compared to the NFL average of 13 drives per game, the Chiefs' Opponents have needed 73 MORE yards a game in total offense to have the same scoring chances as NFL averages predict.

Overall, the Chiefs can get out-gained by nearly 160 yards per game with their field position averages and still score the same number of points. That's what taking care of the football gives you, yet doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

This all leads to*KC Opponents' % of drives leading to scores at the lowest in the NFL (18.3%). Add to that the opponent turnover rate that is nearly that high (16.3%)

The D gives up a ridiculously low 0.93 points per drive. That is about HALF the NFL average. The best full-year NFL team in the last 10 years was 1.0 (2009 Jets, 2006 Ravens, 2005 Bears)

SF lead the NFL in these same statistical categories in 2011. It's not an accident.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might regret posting this if he doesn't live up to my expectations of improving as the offense gels, taking what the defense gives them, etc., but Alex Smith has the easiest schedule in the second half in terms of passing defenses for fantasy.

NFL QB Passing Defense Second Half

By-the-way, he currently is 12th in the league fantasy-wise, which includes not hurting your team, running, etc. I'm not a fantasy guy, just counteracting those who would say that he won't put up fantasy numbers - fantasy isn't about total yards, TDs, etc., it's a bigger thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might regret posting this if he doesn't live up to my expectations of improving as the offense gels, taking what the defense gives them, etc., but Alex Smith has the easiest schedule in the second half in terms of passing defenses for fantasy.

NFL QB Passing Defense Second Half

By-the-way, he currently is 12th in the league fantasy-wise, which includes not hurting your team, running, etc. I'm not a fantasy guy, just counteracting those who would say that he won't put up fantasy numbers - fantasy isn't about total yards, TDs, etc., it's a bigger thing.

It certainly is going to be interesting to see what this team does when push comes to shove. I will refrain from speculating too much as I adopted a wait and see, then analyze approach; I may as well stick with it.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping they picked up another WR or TE before the deadline. I don't know if they have the capability to battle from a double digit deficit against the better teams.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping they picked up another WR or TE before the deadline. I don't know if they have the capability to battle from a double digit deficit against the better teams.

Good news and bad news. Good: Alex Smith came back from 23 points down (second half deficit) in 2011. Bad: It was against Andy Reid's Eagles.

He also won a shoot out against the Saints, as you all know. It doesn't mean it will happen again. But if it hadn't before, it wouldn't mean he couldn't.