• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Golf Digest free?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought The Masters edition of a Tiger Woods video game about 2 years ago and got a 1 year subscription for free but for the past year I've been getting "the last one" each month. If this goes on for a few more years I might feel sorry for them.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought The Masters edition of a Tiger Woods video game about 2 years ago and got a 1 year subscription for free but for the past year I've been getting "the last one" each month. If this goes on for a few more years I might feel sorry for them.

My son subscribed to SI as part of some promotion when he lived with me and he has been getting his last issue for about two years as well.

I am also getting Golf magazine, People, Parenting, Better Country Living or something like that, along with 3 or 4 more, all in his name and he is sure he never subscribed nor paid one cent for any of them :noidea:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, there is still snow on the golf courses in Southern NH :gaah:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son subscribed to SI as part of some promotion when he lived with me and he has been getting his last issue for about two years as well.

I am also getting Golf magazine, People, Parenting, Better Country Living or something like that, along with 3 or 4 more, all in his name and he is sure he never subscribed nor paid one cent for any of them :noidea:
I didn't realize that was a common practice for magazines.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that was a common practice for magazines.

I'm not sure how he started getting those other mags, but I would say the SI's subscription office is poorly run.

Years ago I kept getting Road and Track long after my subscription ran out and then one day I received a bill for it. I called the toll free number and told them that if they could find some proof that I didn't cancel my subscription I would pay the bill. They put me on hold for a few minutes and came back to apologize to me. They found that I did cancel and told me they hoped I enjoyed my free issues.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago I kept getting Road and Track long after my subscription ran out and then one day I received a bill for it.

This is what I would be wondering about: when are they going to send me a bill for all those issues received?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how he started getting those other mags, but I would say the SI's subscription office is poorly run.

Years ago I kept getting Road and Track long after my subscription ran out and then one day I received a bill for it. I called the toll free number and told them that if they could find some proof that I didn't cancel my subscription I would pay the bill. They put me on hold for a few minutes and came back to apologize to me. They found that I did cancel and told me they hoped I enjoyed my free issues.
Back when Chase stopped their rewards program for debit cards a while back (I want to say 6ish years ago) I got my mom a bunch of subscriptions to magazines because I didn't have enough points left over for anything useful.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Golf Digest is cool. They'll even send you one once in awhile after they do finally quit sending them regularly. I guess it's not that unusual. I'm getting SI now for some reason. Actually my wife is. No clue why.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Golf Digest is cool. They'll even send you one once in awhile after they do finally quit sending them regularly. I guess it's not that unusual. I'm getting SI now for some reason. Actually my wife is. No clue why.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sold ads for a monthly periodical many years ago.

They know...I think it's more about audited circulation to keep their ad prices intact.

They would rather give away a few thousand magazines and keep the ad rates at whatever they are.