• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is FSU the worst undefeated team in history?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the question was is FSU the worst undefeated team in History...and to this question that we will never be able to answer I say "no they are not the worst undefeated team in history of college football.

Until Oregon this team found a way to win all of their games, not just against the ACC, but the Big 12 and SEC as well....there is nothing in the book that says come from behind wins count less or blowout wins count more. Off the top of my head FSU played more bowl winners than any of the other 4 playoff teams this year. Someone will have to check my work on that.

I said it before, any system that leaves doubt is a broken system. You do not have this problem with any other playoff except that of college football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I really don't care how lucky they were... how they scraped by... found ways to win games....

They were exposed.

They lost by 39 points to Oregon. Oregon lost by 22 points to tOSU.

I'm having a hard time letting that go...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I really don't care how lucky they were... how they scraped by... found ways to win games....

They were exposed.

Let it go...bad reasoning remember the Nehlen quote"We beat the team that beat the team that was #1 therefore we should be #1.

Arizona lost by 38 points to Oregon, but they also beat Oregon earlier in the year:doh:

Virginia Tech beat OSU by 14 Pitt beat VT by 5, therefore Pitt would have beaten OSU by 19, Oregon by 41 and Florida State by 58.

Pitt fans can now claim their 17th national championship:gaah:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ga Tech and Clemson were a joke this year then huh?

Ask Miss St and Oklahoma about that.

ACC had the most teams bowlin.

And lastly, no undefeated team is weak. I don't care if it's D2. It's difficult to do!

Go worry about WV squeaking out a W against TX Tech and STFU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No undefeated team is weak?

Well... FSU kind of proved otherwise. Bunch of quitters...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you win 29 In a row pal, you come talk to me.

No doubt we had a bad 3rd quarter and it got ugly. But it was a bad game. Like Oregon played a bad game their next game. It happens

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt we had a bad 3rd quarter and it got ugly. But it was a bad game. Like Oregon played a bad game their next game. It happens

I'm talking to you now...

And, you have an inbred for a HC...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice excuse, guy, bad 3rd quarter. We are familiar with that line. 29 wins in a row , and a MNC win against a team that did not even make a bowl the prior year. I'm not that impressed:clap:

your star felon is gone and other ACC teams are catching up. you may even lose to Pitt next year.

Come talk to me when your current streak is one loss.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were exposed.

Nothing new there, my friend. Hell you were one of the ones saying you cant do the very thing you just did, go down the score chain, using that logic, WVU won the B12 this year, we beat Baylor who beat everyone else...........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new there, my friend. Hell you were one of the ones saying you cant do the very thing you just did, go down the score chain, using that logic, WVU won the B12 this year, we beat Baylor who beat everyone else...........

WVU beating Baylor was the reason they didn't make the playoffs.

FSU getting embarrassed by a team that was dominated against tOSU is not going down a score chain. Mentioning the scores that lead me to my opinion is not going down a score chain.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU beating Baylor was the reason they didn't make the playoffs.

FSU getting embarrassed by a team that was dominated against tOSU is not going down a score chain. Mentioning the scores that lead me to my opinion is not going down a score chain.

REALLY, I never would have thought us beating Baylor was the reason, thanks for pointing that out.
Going down the score chain was EXACTLY what you did............anyway, who knows if free shoes is the worst, at the end of the day, who cares, they deserved a spot, had their chance, and lost. I'd trade places with them any day. If you recall, the reason that Luck fired a nine win a year coach was to compete for "national championships", and we are farther from that goal than we have been in a long while.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how this clown uses 1 game to breakdown his theory and it's by total score. And he happens to pick FSU's worst game in their last 30 games with 5 turnovers and Oregon's worst game. Brilliant!

If Baylor or TCU wanted to be in the CFP, they should have had a conference championship and NOT LOST.

If you're using score and games like TCU vs. Ole Miss.. What about Ga Tech vs. Miss St? Can you be fair in your comparisons? Or just continue to be a Big 12 homer and FSU hater.

Felon? Who's the felon? The kids on the Duke Lacrosse team? The VA chick that cried wolf on an entire fraternity? Please man go hate somewhere else.

It's over. Move on

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felon? Who's the felon? The kids on the Duke Lacrosse team? The VA chick that cried wolf on an entire fraternity? Please man go hate somewhere else.

It's over. Move on[/QUOTE]

What do jameous Winston and bill Cosby have in common? Remember, you came to this board. Stir the pot in my back yard. You get what you ask for.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were exposed.

BB - I agree, but I still have a little admiration for what FSU did given that they were NOT a very good team.

As for being exposed, 'Bama beat WV 33-23, 'Bama Beat TAM 59-0, OSU beat 'Bama 42-35.... Therefore - WV should be TAM by at least 10 pts!! Ooops... TAM beat WV by 45-37.

** Not sure why I put OSU beat 'Bama in there? I just like seeing it. :clap:

You can't really compare what team A did against Team B and then Team C should beat Team A cause they beat.... it doesn't work that way in most cases. And even when it does - it rarely has anything to do with anything other than the matchup of A & B and the state of mind of both teams at the time.

Let it go... seasons over. What impact does FSU really have on your life any way?
They are the best team in mediocre conference. Kinda like when WVU was in the BE.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like asking if Lamborghini is the slowest of the fast cars.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how this clown uses 1 game to breakdown his theory and it's by total score. And he happens to pick FSU's worst game in their last 30 games with 5 turnovers and Oregon's worst game. Brilliant!

If Baylor or TCU wanted to be in the CFP, they should have had a conference championship and NOT LOST.

If you're using score and games like TCU vs. Ole Miss.. What about Ga Tech vs. Miss St? Can you be fair in your comparisons? Or just continue to be a Big 12 homer and FSU hater.

It's over. Move on

He has a vendetta against the ACC, never misses a chance to deride them, he is getting lamer by the day. Congrats on the good season, I have no love for FSU, but they did have a good last two seasons. The issue here is really the same as the BSC was, not enough spots to insure inclusion of the best team, would TCU or Baylor have beat Ohio State? We can talk all we want, but will never know. I thought the Oregon-OSU game was going to be a better game than how it turned out. Had Oregon's receivers been on their game, it likely could have been a much different game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really compare what team A did against Team B and then Team C should
beat Team A cause they beat.... it doesn't work that way in most cases. And even
when it does - it rarely has anything to do with anything other than the matchup
of A & B and the state of mind of both teams at the time.

Exactly. Especially when it's a game in week 1.

What do jameous Winston and bill Cosby have in common?

Nothing. One is old with many woman calling him a rapist. The other is a 20 year old kid that found a girl that was known to "look" for football and baseball players at FSU. What do the Duke Lacrosse team and the UVA girl that cried gang r*pe have in common?

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the good season, I have no love for FSU, but they did have a good
last two seasons. The issue here is really the same as the BSC was, not enough
spots to insure inclusion of the best team, would TCU or Baylor have beat Ohio
State? We can talk all we want, but will never know. I thought the Oregon-OSU
game was going to be a better game than how it turned out. Had Oregon's
receivers been on their game, it likely could have been a much different game.

First off, thanks man. It was a helluva roller coaster season. Just crazy. I thought our kids were going to lose so many times and they just kept battling. We faced a lot of teams coming off their bye week and they ALL had their A game, while we coasted during many 1st halves.

The CFP worked out the way it was supposed to and Urban Meyer is a helluva coach. What are you gonna do? We have to remember these are kids. Some very immature and in a big time spotlight.

Good luck to yous next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY, I never would have thought us beating Baylor was the reason, thanks for pointing that out.
Going down the score chain was EXACTLY what you did............anyway, who knows if free shoes is the worst, at the end of the day, who cares, they deserved a spot, had their chance, and lost. I'd trade places with them any day. If you recall, the reason that Luck fired a nine win a year coach was to compete for "national championships", and we are farther from that goal than we have been in a long while.

FSU proved they did not deserve a spot. Their weak performance proved a flaw in the evaluation process. I believe it will lead to future questions of the worthiness of an undefeated season in future years.

Not sure why you are bringing up Billy Stewart, but since you did… I love responding to this too.

Oliver Luck assessed Billy's performance as HC of WVU… he had 2 1/2 years available to him. In that period, Stewart won a bunch of games over C-USA level talent. He was having problems recruiting full classes, and problems with getting those recruits either accepted for admission… or retaining them through their first year at WVU.

Luck knew TCU was entering the BE, and made a comment he believed the BE championship would soon be going through Ft. Worth instead of Morgantown. At the time, he was spot on. TCU was a much better team than WVU at that time. TCU played against Boise St in the '09 Fiesta, and was in the middle of an undefeated season in '10 when he addressed his assessment with Stewart. TCU went on to defeat Wisky in the Rose Bowl that year.

As Luck understood at the time, the easiest path to the NCG was through a weakened BE. Stewart had clearly shown he could not win it, and the future was even more dim as his lack of recruiting solid classes would surely catch up… and make the Mountaineers even less competitive in a weak conference.

I don't think Luck was a Nostradamus… so I don't believe he knew SU and Pitt would leave the BE for the ACC. And, I don't believe he knew the BE would die as a football conference. He simply knew Stewart was not the man for the job. Stewart did fine with Rodriguez's players, but there was going to be a HUGE drop off going forward.

Thank God we didn't enter the Big 12 with Stewart at the helm. Fortunately with Dana, WVU could at least outscore a few opponents that first year. With Stewart, they'd have been lucky to beat KU…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB - I agree, but I still have a little admiration for what FSU did given that they were NOT a very good team.

As for being exposed, 'Bama beat WV 33-23, 'Bama Beat TAM 59-0, OSU beat 'Bama 42-35.... Therefore - WV should be TAM by at least 10 pts!! Ooops... TAM beat WV by 45-37.

** Not sure why I put OSU beat 'Bama in there? I just like seeing it. :clap:

You can't really compare what team A did against Team B and then Team C should beat Team A cause they beat.... it doesn't work that way in most cases. And even when it does - it rarely has anything to do with anything other than the matchup of A & B and the state of mind of both teams at the time.

Let it go... seasons over. What impact does FSU really have on your life any way?
They are the best team in mediocre conference. Kinda like when WVU was in the BE.

A little problem with your critique…

The A&M team that lost by such a lopsided score to Bama had played 8 weeks in a row without a break or bye week. They had just played their third top 10 team in a row. And, it marked the end of Kenny Hill's time as the starting QB.

WVU faced quite a different team… with different A&M coaches on the OL and DC… and a different QB.

Other than that… I guess I see your point…

FSU… one of the top 4 teams in the country… lost by 39 fucking points. No matter what Oregon would have done in the NCG… they still lost by 39 points! Had Oregon gone on to win the NCG, FSU still lost by 39 fucking points!

The fact that Oregon was dominated in the NCG just makes FSU's loss by 39 points look worse!

FSU doesn't impact my life. Like I've said many times, I come to message boards like this one for entertainment. Look at the response to this thread.

IMO… it is all good.