• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is FSU the worst undefeated team in history?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little problem with your critique…

The A&M team that lost by such a lopsided score to Bama had played 8 weeks in a row without a break or bye week. They had just played their third top 10 team in a row. And, it marked the end of Kenny Hill's time as the starting QB.

WVU faced quite a different team… with different A&M coaches on the OL and DC… and a different QB.

Other than that… I guess I see your point…

FSU… one of the top 4 teams in the country… lost by 39 fucking points. No matter what Oregon would have done in the NCG… they still lost by 39 points! Had Oregon gone on to win the NCG, FSU still lost by 39 fucking points!

The fact that Oregon was dominated in the NCG just makes FSU's loss by 39 points look worse!

FSU doesn't impact my life. Like I've said many times, I come to message boards like this one for entertainment. Look at the response to this thread.

IMO… it is all good.

Get over it, you could say the same thing many years:
2001 Miami beat Nebraska by 23, 2005 USCw beat Oklahoma by 36, 2007 Florida beat Ohio State by 28, 2012 Bama beat LSU by 21, 2 years ago Bama beat ND by 28, 1996 in the bowl alliance "championship" Nebraska beat Florida by 38, 1997 Florida beat free shoes by 32,

:stfu:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it, you could say the same thing many years:
2001 Miami beat Nebraska by 23, 2005 USCw beat Oklahoma by 36, 2007 Florida beat Ohio State by 28, 2012 Bama beat LSU by 21, 2 years ago Bama beat ND by 28, 1996 in the bowl alliance "championship" Nebraska beat Florida by 38, 1997 Florida beat free shoes by 32,

:stfu:

I would prefer if you'd use the Lame emoji…

I'm glad you brought up those scores… with regard to the outcome of any of those games… did the winner of any of the lopsided games you mention go on to get dominated in their next game?

Got a deal for you… if you provide a response to make me shut up… I'll do so…

OK?

:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD, why have you stopped with the thumbs down scores on posts you don't like?

I really thought the fact you put a thumbs down on a post sent a strong message.

Kind of like following me around and posting how lame my posts are… or my agenda… that kind of strong.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD, why have you stopped with the thumbs down scores on posts you don't like?

I really thought the fact you put a thumbs down on a post sent a strong message.

Kind of like following me around and posting how lame my posts are… or my agenda… that kind of strong.

Who follows who? I follow WVU football and post my thoughts, you have some sick agenda of talking about other teams that no one else cares what it is you have to say. You have praised Holgorsen every since he was hired, made every excuse in the book, claimed losses to the weakest teams in the league showed greatness, that backfired, so you have spent the last month or more trying to deride free shoes and the ACC, just a complete joke, and it is to the point now that the rest of the quartet is calling you out on your nonsense.:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who follows who? I follow WVU football and post my thoughts, you have some sick agenda of talking about other teams that no one else cares what it is you have to say. You have praised Holgorsen every since he was hired, made every excuse in the book, claimed losses to the weakest teams in the league showed greatness, that backfired, so you have spent the last month or more trying to deride free shoes and the ACC, just a complete joke, and it is to the point now that the rest of the quartet is calling you out on your nonsense.:lol:

Ummm… weren't you the first one to post on this thread? If you and others didn't care, how did it get designated as a hot thread?

I have yet to call out the ACC. It may be put on my agenda though…

So… if my quartet stops agreeing with me… does that push me out? Will you stop referring to us as a quartet? Will you refer to them as the triplet?

You can continue referring to me as a lame… Luck lover… Dana lover… nonsense poster… troll. I'm good with that…

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB - you are correct again. But here is the thing that is the real problem with the current NCAA "Playoff".

2013-14: Florida State went undefeated, won the ACC and won the NC last season and
dominated in almost every game they played. They crushed some good teams and totally demolished some not so good teams. Their quarterback won the Heisman.

2014-15: Florida State went undefeated. Nuff said. Previous season undefeated and won the NCG.
Went undefeated for a second season.

Who on that committee was NOT going to put them in?
They were maybe the 6th or 7th best and I 'm being generous.
But how do you leave out an undefeated team over 2 seasons and the reigning NC?

And this is the problem when your contestants for the national championship are voted in like a beauty pagent. You get someone in the mix who simply doesn't belong in the swimsuit competition.
Unless you set up where you have to win your conference or you have to meet criteria A, B and/or C to get a spot (like the NFL).... you will have this imaginary championship that some folks will disagree with.

A NOTE on that.... even with a strict formula, you still can wind up with teams in the mix
that folks will think don't belong. In the NFL model - the Carolina Panthers host a 1st rd game.
They had a losing record (as did everyone in the NFC South). Are they the best?
No - but they won their division. March Madness has plenty of conference champs
that are under .500

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB - you are correct again. But here is the thing that is the real problem with the current NCAA "Playoff".

2013-14: Florida State went undefeated, won the ACC and won the NC last season and
dominated in almost every game they played. They crushed some good teams and totally demolished some not so good teams. Their quarterback won the Heisman.

2014-15: Florida State went undefeated. Nuff said. Previous season undefeated and won the NCG.

And this is the problem when your contestants for the national championship are voted in like a beauty pagent. You get someone in the mix who simply doesn't belong in the swimsuit competition.
Unless you set up where you have to win your conference or you have to meet criteria A, B and/or C to get a spot (like the NFL).... you will have this imaginary championship that some folks will disagree with.

A NOTE on that.... even with a strict formula, you still can wind up with teams in the mix
that folks will think don't belong. In the NFL model - the Carolina Panthers host a 1st rd game.
that are under .500

At the end of the day, there were four spots and they were filled by teams who were worthy, PERIOD. The beef should NOT be with who was included, but rather with who was excluded. TCU deserved to be there, Baylor deserved to be there, hell, Boise and Marshall deserved to be there, IMO. Until we include EVERY league champion, it is meaningless. VOTING for a champion is BS.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm… weren't you the first one to post on this thread? If you and others didn't care, how did it get designated as a hot thread?

I have yet to call out the ACC. It may be put on my agenda though…

So… if my quartet stops agreeing with me… does that push me out? Will you stop referring to us as a quartet? Will you refer to them as the triplet?

You can continue referring to me as a lame… Luck lover… Dana lover… nonsense poster… troll. I'm good with that…

I responded to a thread which is on the WVU board. WTF

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I responded to a thread which is on the WVU board. WTF

Umm… just like you quoted my last post… and responded… you're following me around… and responding to just about everything I do on here.

You didn't respond to just any thread on the WVU board… you responded to my thread.

BTW… I'm flattered you follow me around and respond to me as much as you do. Kind of like a crush you have on me…

I think it's sweet…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that are under .500

The committee attempted to demonstrate how they were different in their assessment by ranking FSU lower than the two most popular rankings… the AP and the Coaches… both of whom had them at #2.

Of interest, both of those polls ranked TCU #3 in their final polls, and FSU #5 and #6 respectively.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respond to threads which either interest me or seem absolutely stupid, regardless of who wrote them, once I click on the stupid ones, your name is the one who made the post most of the time.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - so having 4 teams in the current format is way better than the previous BCS 2 team format.
But neither makes anyone feel good about the process - unless you are one of the teams to be invited.
It is still a popularity contest that I have not paid much attention to in my lifetime.
Maybe before I die - it will mean something to me.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respond to threads which either interest me or seem absolutely stupid, regardless of who wrote them, once I click on the stupid ones, your name is the one who made the post most of the time.

I guess that is why you think I'm lame… that my posts are lame… that my threads are lame… that I'm getting more lame…

Posts like this one… nothing but nonsense and stupidity…

BTW… thanks for responding to me… again… kind of weird… but, flattering..

Hey… did you ever come up with the list of Stewart recruits at DL for me?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - so having 4 teams in the current format is way better than the previous BCS 2 team format.
But neither makes anyone feel good about the process - unless you are one of the teams to be invited.
It is still a popularity contest that I have not paid much attention to in my lifetime.

Hey… everyone has their individual interests.

I love college football. I spend a lot of my free time reading about the game… listening to radio shows about the game… and frequenting message boards to discuss thoughts and opinions about the game.

You are absolutely right… the current system is better than its predecessor. And, I agree with you… I think the first run of the CFP was a popularity contest. IMO… had either Texas or OU had the same resume as either Baylor… even with its weak OOC… or TCU… they'd have been in the CFP.

What this year's CFP accomplished for me was validation that polls and ranking systems are unreliable in determining the most worthy teams to determine the NC.

I hated the BCS… hated it!

At least the controversy surrounding the selection of teams #1 and #2 in the BCS produced the changes we have today in the CFP.

And, it is my thought that controversy surrounding the 4 teams selected this year… as well as what we'll see in future years… will lead to change as well.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't necessarily agree with this, but it was one of the funniest post I have read on here in a while. :lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is better, but still sucks. The name of the school is still the most important criteria is the thing that makes it suck. People want to say that this is fair, but Meyer said himself that he was glad it was tcu and Baylor atop the B12, not Oklahoma and Texas. Think about that for a minute, had Oklahoma been atop the B12, Ohio state, the "champion" would not have even been in the "playoff"......

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Especially when it's a game in week 1.

What does jameous Winston and bill Cosby have in common

Nothing. One is old with many woman calling him a rapist. The other is a 20 year old kid that found a girl that was known to "look" for football and baseball players at FSU.

Wrong: they both have been accused of r*pe and have avoided prosecution by attacking the victim

What do the Duke Lacrosse team and the UVA girl that cried gang r*pe have in common?

Answers: they all attend(Ed) good basketball schools in a basketball conference that just happens to play football too.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is better, but still sucks. The name of the school is still the most important criteria is the thing that makes it suck. People want to say that this is fair, but Meyer said himself that he was glad it was tcu and Baylor atop the B12, not Oklahoma and Texas. Think about that for a minute, had Oklahoma been atop the B12, Ohio state, the "champion" would not have even been in the "playoff"......

Then the Committee should post the resume without names. Best top 4 resumes are in. No matter how you do it, somebody is going to be left behind.

I wasn't impressed with FSU this season, but they did what they had to do to get in. I felt that Oregon was going to defeat them based on how they played down the stretch. If you want to say a bad 3rd quarter, then so be it, but I felt that they were beaten before that. I also told my son that if anybody had a good chance of beating 'Bama, it would be tOSU. I also felt that if Oregon made it a track meet, they would beat tOSU.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the Committee should post the resume without names. Best top 4 resumes are in. No matter how you do it, somebody is going to be left behind.

I wasn't impressed with FSU this season, but they did what they had to do to get in. I felt that Oregon was going to defeat them based on how they played down the stretch. If you want to say a bad 3rd quarter, then so be it, but I felt that they were beaten before that. I also told my son that if anybody had a good chance of beating 'Bama, it would be tOSU. I also felt that if Oregon made it a track meet, they would beat tOSU.

I agree, I do disagree however on the "if it had been OU or Texas they would have been in" argument (Ive seen that in a few places now), IMHO had Baylor not been completely gutless in their OOC scheduling (and won their games obviously) and scheduled at least one P5 opponent then they would have been in as the the Big12 champ at 11-1.

That said, leaving tOSU or any of the other P5 champs out is complete garbage. This is a step in the right direction but until all 5 champs are included in the playoff then its still a broken system and not a true national champion when its all said and done.

Last edited by a moderator: