• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is FSU the worst undefeated team in history?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say yes.

They lost by 39 points to the Oregon team that was manhandled last night.

I really thought FSU was lucky to go undefeated. I was hoping they'd lose to either NC St, Miami, UofL, or BC. I hate ND too much to hope they'd beat FSU…

I wanted GT to beat them… but, maybe it is better the way it ended up.

FSU embarrassed themselves in the Rose Bowl. The boys quit.

TCU proved they belonged in the CFP… FSU proved they did not.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say yes.

They lost by 39 points to the Oregon team that was manhandled last night.

I really thought FSU was lucky to go undefeated. I was hoping they'd lose to either NC St, Miami, UofL, or BC. I hate ND too much to hope they'd beat FSU…

I wanted GT to beat them… but, maybe it is better the way it ended up.

FSU embarrassed themselves in the Rose Bowl. The boys quit.

TCU proved they belonged in the CFP… FSU proved they did not.

Yet more.......
There are many through the years you could point to that went undefeated in the season, then got spanked in their bowl game, WVU 1993??? Ohio State 2006??? Oklahoma 2004???? Cinci 2009? Your posts are getting lamer by the day.............

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although that is the way it played out on the field, FSU met the criteria of going undefeated. This was a determining factor in the eyes of the Committee. IMO, what hurt the Big 12 was not naming a Conference Champion, which would have been Baylor. Having said that, going down the stretch, TCU was the better team. It almost seems that the Big 12 was saying that it was providing the Committee 2 teams to pick from.

I have to tip my hat to tOSU. They overcame player injuries late in the season and appeared to get stronger at the end of the season. Amazing what motivation and a good strength program does for a program.:rollseyes:b. One wouldn't think that talented players and depth had anything to do with it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we had a thread discussing the CFP Committee's first ranking. In it, we looked at the criteria the committee was said to use. While giving notice to championships won, the selection was supposed to be the 4 best teams with the 4 best resume's.

I understand winning H/H.... I understand winning the conference crown. But, TCU was the better team.

IMO, they should have been selected.

FSU shows how difficult it is to measure worthiness. And, why it is great they've gone to a 4 team playoff.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point I heard that the Committee was supposed to look at that snapshot in time and give a stock up, stock down view of the teams. If that WAS the case, then imo, tOSU and TCU were stock up, Baylor was even, ans FSU was stock down.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point I heard that the Committee was supposed to look at that snapshot in time and give a stock up, stock down view of the teams. If that WAS the case, then imo, tOSU and TCU were stock up, Baylor was even, ans FSU was stock down.

If they are going to do the committee approach, they need to do away with the week to week rankings and meetings. They need to meet ONCE and put out their "poll" ONCE, in the second week of December, then there is no pressure to not pass teams, to try and justify what they did against the prior weeks poll.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst undefeated team of all time.....IDK

The committee faced a big issue....leaving out the undefeated defending NC...you just can't do that and TCU was the team they decided to leave out.

A system where there is doubt, where some say you left out one of the best teams in the country is a flawed system IMO. In my heart of hearts I think TCU would have brought this thing home.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely agree.

What did TCU do in the final week to fall from #3 to #6? Beat their opponent by 50 points?

No one can convince me... their stock fell based on their performance in the last week of the regular season.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet more.......
There are many through the years you could point to that went undefeated in the season, then got spanked in their bowl game, WVU 1993??? Ohio State 2006??? Oklahoma 2004???? Cinci 2009? Your posts are getting lamer by the day.............

Thanks for responding... just can't help yourself?

While your list is understandable... none of those teams had the opportunity to lose big in their last game... to a team that went on to lose big... and get totally dominated.

BIG DIFFERENCE!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Dads list of teams if you put a pool of those undefeated teams together I do not think FSU would lose first round....so no I do not think they are the worst undefeated team.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for responding... just can't help yourself?

While your list is understandable... none of those teams had the opportunity to lose big in their last game... to a team that went on to lose big... and get totally dominated.

BIG DIFFERENCE!!

:wtf2:, you make LESS sense with each post. Do you remember 2006? OSU barely beat scUM it was argued that they were CLEARLY the two best teams, then they BOTH got spanked in their bowl games. Your lame attempts to belittle the ACC are getting weaker and weaker.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Dads list of teams if you put a pool of those undefeated teams together I do not think FSU would lose first round....so no I do not think they are the worst undefeated team.

I can't agree. This year's FSU team had to come from behind to beat NC St., UofL, BC... as well as some of the other teams like Miami.

That is not good football. Those weren't good teams.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree. This year's FSU team had to come from behind to beat NC St., UofL, BC... as well as some of the other teams like Miami.

That is not good football. Those weren't good teams.

:lame: AND OSU trailed late and had to rally to beat several less than great B11 teams in 2006, undefeated seasons take a lot of luck as well as a great team. I get your hatred of the ACC due to them spurning WVU, but this is just sad...........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:, you make LESS sense with each post. Do you remember 2006? OSU barely beat scUM it was argued that they were CLEARLY the two best teams, then they BOTH got spanked in their bowl games. Your lame attempts to belittle the ACC are getting weaker and weaker.

I'm not trying to confuse you DAD.

While it would be a good idea to start a thread to belittle the ACC... this thread is intended to get you guys to discuss FSU... and the CFP Committee's analysis going forward.

As most know, I am a proponent of the playoff system. And, I want to see the field expanded to 8 teams. I am in favor of inclusion... and not exclusion. I understand you POV... you want 16... you want every conference champion represented.

I believe 8 gives us a better opportunity to see things settled on the field of play. The Ohio State clearly demonstrated they were the best team at season's end. Their 3 game stretch was very impressive. Under the old system, they would never have been given the opportunity.

Under the current system, questions about TCU's worthiness are out there... and they're unanswered.

This system could not leave out an undefeated FSU team. I understand that. But, they left out a team in TCU that did not get a fair chance to represent.

Maybe you could respond to these points. And, please... I cannot get enough of you telling me how lame I am... or how lame my posts are. So... thank you very much... can I have another?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU was clearly not one of the 4 best teams in the country. However, I would have seeded them #1 in the playoff because they were the only undefeated and were defending NCs. They may be better than Alabama, who was almost an automatic qualifier as champ of the mighty SEC. TCU is a better team than both.

FSU was not the weakest undefeated team in history, but they are not far from the bottom of that list. They were a poorly coached team this year. Penalties, fumbles, interceptions, falling behind to teams who have no business being on the same field (yes that is the rest of the ACC DAD). With better coaching that team should have won it all. FSU should hire Bradley to coach up the coaches and get some consistency to their game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame: AND OSU trailed late and had to rally to beat several less than great B11 teams in 2006, undefeated seasons take a lot of luck as well as a great team. I get your hatred of the ACC due to them spurning WVU, but this is just sad...........

Keep trying... but, you are missing the point DAD.

I do appreciate the lame remark though... thank you very much... can I have another?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU was clearly not one of the 4 best teams in the country. However, I would have seeded them #1 in the playoff because they were the only undefeated and were defending NCs. They may be better than Alabama, who was almost an automatic qualifier as champ of the mighty SEC. TCU is a better team than both.

FSU was not the weakest undefeated team in history, but they are not far from the bottom of that list. They were a poorly coached team this year. Penalties, fumbles, interceptions, falling behind to teams who have no business being on the same field (yes that is the rest of the ACC DAD). With better coaching that team should have won it all. FSU should hire Bradley to coach up the coaches and get some consistency to their game.

Is FSU 66 points worse than The Ohio State?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to confuse you DAD.

While it would be a good idea to start a thread to belittle the ACC... this thread is intended to get you guys to discuss FSU... and the CFP Committee's analysis going forward.

As most know, I am a proponent of the playoff system. And, I want to see the field expanded to 8 teams. I am in favor of inclusion... and not exclusion. I understand you POV... you want 16... you want every conference champion represented.

I believe 8 gives us a better opportunity to see things settled on the field of play. The Ohio State clearly demonstrated they were the best team at season's end. Their 3 game stretch was very impressive. Under the old system, they would never have been given the opportunity.

Under the current system, questions about TCU's worthiness are out there... and they're unanswered.

This system could not leave out an undefeated FSU team. I understand that. But, they left out a team in TCU that did not get a fair chance to represent.

Maybe you could respond to these points. And, please... I cannot get enough of you telling me how lame I am... or how lame my posts are. So... thank you very much... can I have another?

BB, If you want to discuss the merits of the "playoff", maybe title the thread as such. I too want a bigger field so as to insure the inclusion of the best team, and I agree with what you have said in this post to a point. I am for 16 with inclusion of every leagues champion, plus some at large teams, I do not think eight is enough, as what will happen is the five "power" league champs plus three big names will be the field, and I just cant support a system where half the teams are not eligible to be champion when the season begins.
You can today say free shoes was weak, because they lost the game, but what justification could have been made PRIOR to the game to exclude them? Just as in 2006 there was no justification to leave out an undefeated OSU, even though the B11 was weak as a whole that year.
I think that the teams from the "weaker" leagues deserve to be included, who is to say that Boise or Marshall don't deserve a shot?

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno State, 1985.

Went 11-0-1, finished #16 in the polls because their conference schedule was that bad.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU was not the powerhouse they were last season where they dominated the schedule (yes, a mostly ACC schedule). They struggled at times, they were inconsistent, they stumbled at times. But in the end - they found a way to win. That team hard heart and those guys found a way to win every game (except in their Playoff debacle). While they were weak, you gotta admire their spunk. They should have lost 3 or 4 of their games.