• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is everyone sleeping on the Spurs?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho-lee, SHITE, talk about a spin job. You talk as if Bowen's prime was in the early 90's, give me a break. He absolutely stood out as a piece of shit dirtbag during his time, no doubt about it. What is unacceptable today was also unacceptable in 2004, as far as "aggressive" play is concerned
As I recalled - he would take his knee and hit the other players in the private parts - One of the all time dirtiest tricks in any sport. Honestly I never understood why some of the players didn't catch him outside and jump his ass and beat the shit out of him - growing up in school, that's what we did in school. We had our own rules

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I recalled - he would take his knee and hit the other players in the private parts - One of the all time dirtiest tricks in any sport. Honestly I never understood why some of the players didn't catch him outside and jump his ass and beat the shit out of him - growing up in school, that's what we did in school. We had our own rules
Maybe because he had the same number of teammates as those guys did and he would take his knee and hit them in the nuts. If you are going to try and take down a guy you know fights dirty you better make sure you have him well out muscled. School yard with a bunch of your buddies and one guy is one thing, post NBA game with a team and security guards is totally different without even going into lawsuit complications.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because he had the same number of teammates as those guys did and he would take his knee and hit them in the nuts. If you are going to try and take down a guy you know fights dirty you better make sure you have him well out muscled. School yard with a bunch of your buddies and one guy is one thing, post NBA game with a team and security guards is totally different without even going into lawsuit complications.
I noticed that Bowen never did that to Kobe Bryant. Is it possible he was afraid of what Kobe would do to him on the court with a fast elbow to the face on the court. There are ways

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that Bowen never did that to Kobe Bryant. Is it possible he was afraid of what Kobe would do to him on the court with a fast elbow to the face on the court. There are ways
Dude, nobody was afraid of Kobe in a physical confrontation.

He's been clotheslined and two pieced.

On the court?

Yea.

In a fight?

:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, nobody was afraid of Kobe in a physical confrontation.

He's been clotheslined and two pieced.

On the court?

Yea.

In a fight?

:lol:
Kobe would use his elbows to retaliate in a sneaky way later on

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe would use his elbows to retaliate in a sneaky way later on
Kobe was no bitch.

He would go there if need be.

But, he wasn't Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley intimidating.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe knew when to do nothing and a hit. Griffin has no such control. That would be fun to watch.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was no bitch.

He would go there if need be.

But, he wasn't Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley intimidating.
Kobe was extremely smart. He played the game but you did not want to mess with more than once

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Blake would just walk away like always.

He's a professional victim.
For some strange reason that I can't explain I wasnthinking he would develop a back bone and take a swing at the dude:lol:

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All random fighting talk aside, I don't think anyone is overlooking the Spurs. In fact, I think they're getting exactly the amount of attention they deserve to be getting: Zero. As a Spurs fan, I'm incredibly disappointed in the offseason free agency/draft for them. Besides Gay, I don't see how they've done anything to make themselves better. In fact, I believe they could have slipped quite a bit. Rudy Gay is a nice acquisition, but he's coming off a huge injury. They let their best player in the playoffs once Kawhi went down (Simmons) go for nothing, and they let Dedmon go as well (who deserved so much better than what Pop gave him.)

Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I'm not sure the Spurs get to the WCF again. Unless they get Irving, or Aldridge decides to not play like dog shit, I'd say they're going to begin a slow decline over the coming years.

Hope I'm wrong.

Bojack_Horseman

Snowflake Melter Supreme
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the Spurs don't need Kyrie is Dejounte Murray.

He's 100% going to be a star in the NBA.

The Spurs are stuck with LMA's contract and his awful defense vs the pick and roll. But they're actually doing the smart thing and attempting to compensate for LMA's shortcomings by surrounding him with long and capable defensive guys. Rudy Gay was a good signing because the Spurs have got to keep LMA in the post or stuck to the opposing center, and Rudy can play the 4.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the starting lineup as Dejounte Murray, Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Rudy Gay, LMA.

They need long athletic guys to deal with the pick and roll. Every player I just named is capable of locking people down. That's good enough to mitigate LMA's awful defense, and there's enough offense with Gay on the court that LMA doesn't have to be such a volume shooter.

I think the Spurs will be one of the most entertaining teams to watch next year, their games will be a lot more exciting than the Ginobili/Parker/Duncan rocking chair scenes from the past 3 seasons.

The Spurs know what they have in Dejounte Murray. They didn't need Chris Paul, and they don't need Kyrie.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the Spurs don't need Kyrie is Dejounte Murray.

He's 100% going to be a star in the NBA.

The Spurs are stuck with LMA's contract and his awful defense vs the pick and roll. But they're actually doing the smart thing and attempting to compensate for LMA's shortcomings by surrounding him with long and capable defensive guys. Rudy Gay was a good signing because the Spurs have got to keep LMA in the post or stuck to the opposing center, and Rudy can play the 4.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the starting lineup as Dejounte Murray, Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Rudy Gay, LMA.

They need long athletic guys to deal with the pick and roll. Every player I just named is capable of locking people down. That's good enough to mitigate LMA's awful defense, and there's enough offense with Gay on the court that LMA doesn't have to be such a volume shooter.

I think the Spurs will be one of the most entertaining teams to watch next year, their games will be a lot more exciting than the Ginobili/Parker/Duncan rocking chair scenes from the past 3 seasons.

The Spurs know what they have in Dejounte Murray. They didn't need Chris Paul, and they don't need Kyrie.

I am not sold on Murray. I know he has a lot of potential, but he really struggled in summer league play this year, shooting under 20% from the field. I know he only appeared in 2 games, but 2nd year players are expected to produce. Murray didn't.

He is still a long way from being a reliable rotation player, let alone a star.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why some of the players didn't catch him outside and jump his ass and beat the shit out of him - growing up in school, that's what we did in school. We had our own rules

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
break him free from obscurity in Sacramento.

latest

Go Kings!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course everyone is sleeping on the Spurs. Everyone has slept on them every year for the past 20 years or so. It's exactly how they like it.