• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Cleveland going to be THAT good?

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland gonna Cleveland. Baker will get hurt week 2, 5 starters will get suspended, and they’ll go 5-11.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP: watch the games and you will find out. That’s my advice to you

giphy.gif

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they'd still be better than Buffalo.

I'm sads. But hey now, I'm an adopted Cleveland fan. I didn't grow up in Ohio, just moved here in 2004 to go to OSU. All my friends are huge Cleveland fans, I love the city and sports culture. So I'm pulling for you guys. I just find that entire franchise comical since my time here, but I'm hopeful and right there with you guys. My Bills fucking blow, so I know the pain and feel like 2 teams is better than 1 if I ever hope to root for an eventual Super Bowl winner.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sads. But hey now, I'm an adopted Cleveland fan. I didn't grow up in Ohio, just moved here in 2004 to go to OSU. All my friends are huge Cleveland fans, I love the city and sports culture. So I'm pulling for you guys. I just find that entire franchise comical since my time here, but I'm hopeful and right there with you guys. My Bills fucking blow, so I know the pain and feel like 2 teams is better than 1 if I ever hope to root for an eventual Super Bowl winner.
I think comical would be putting it nicely. They've been a trainwreck nearly every season since coming back. I was born in 1984, and in my entire life this team hasn't been this talented.

I'm extremely excited, but obviously will wait to see what happens before talking too much shit. That said, this team has a much different feel to it. Even when they went 10-6 in 07, I wasn't nearly as excited because I knew Derek Anderson was shit. Mayfield is our most talented QB in decades, and if he puts it together and continues to lead this team and get them to buy in, there seem to be very bright days ahead.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think comical would be putting it nicely. They've been a trainwreck nearly every season since coming back. I was born in 1984, and in my entire life this team hasn't been this talented.

I'm extremely excited, but obviously will wait to see what happens before talking too much shit. That said, this team has a much different feel to it. Even when they went 10-6 in 07, I wasn't nearly as excited because I knew Derek Anderson was shit. Mayfield is our most talented QB in decades, and if he puts it together and continues to lead this team and get them to buy in, there seem to be very bright days ahead.

Yup we're the same age then. That's exactly how all my friends put it, they're all cautiously optimistic (but when are Browns fan not? lol ). But they're truly excited and I already got a hotel booked for opening day downtown and will be in attendance. I think there's some good times ahead for at least a couple seasons here.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, he was a pretty good OC for the Bucs. They were 3rd in total offense last year working with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston, not to mention one of the worst running games in the NFL and a below average OL.
How did that offense work without Fitzpatrick? I remember it being awful in the second half. I’m still not sold on him after 1 good, but wildly inconsistent year. This team will take at least a year to gel before they truly contend, IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup we're the same age then. That's exactly how all my friends put it, they're all cautiously optimistic (but when are Browns fan not? lol ). But they're truly excited and I already got a hotel booked for opening day downtown and will be in attendance. I think there's some good times ahead for at least a couple seasons here.
That's awesome man! Hope you have an great time. You could probably even get away with wearing Bills garb and be treated like brethren.

:suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did that offense work without Fitzpatrick? I remember it being awful in the second half. I’m still not sold on him after 1 good, but wildly inconsistent year. This team will take at least a year to gel before they truly contend, IMO.
Winston and Fitzpatrick combined for over 5,000 yards and 36 TDs, so I'll take that with a QB like Baker. In the final 7 games of the year, Winston had 13 TD and 4 INT while averaging 273 yards a game. They went 2-5, but all of the losses but 1 was by 1 score or less. Combine that with a pathetic running game and below average OL and that's not bad.

Maybe they are a year away from being ready to contend with the big dogs, but it's definitely not as if they don't have the talent to compete right now.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome man! Hope you have an great time. You could probably even get away with wearing Bills garb and be treated like brethren.

:suds:

Ha I would never be that guy unless I don't want to make it out of the muni lot alive :lol:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to Baltimore's sports talk radio and they were going over the Browns' schedule and predicting their records (which is always entertaining for me to listen to when people do that). They had them at 14-2, with their only losses to Baltimore and Pittsburgh. They were going through the individual games like, "Then, they play the Rams. A lot will have to go right for them during that game, but if it does, it's not impossible for them to win, so let's put that as a W." I have never heard such blind homerism for a division rival in all my life.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to Baltimore's sports talk radio and they were going over the Browns' schedule and predicting their records (which is always entertaining for me to listen to when people do that). They had them at 14-2, with their only losses to Baltimore and Pittsburgh. They were going through the individual games like, "Then, they play the Rams. A lot will have to go right for them during that game, but if it does, it's not impossible for them to win, so let's put that as a W." I have never heard such blind homerism for a division rival in all my life.
14-2 is outrageous, no questions asked. That said, we do have them at home, and it's never easy for west coast teams to play in the eastern time zone. I wouldn't even have that in one of the 4-5 toughest games we have, especially with Gurley's future in limbo.

That said, yes, 14-2 is preposterous from anyone, let alone a non-Cleveland market.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston and Fitzpatrick combined for over 5,000 yards and 36 TDs, so I'll take that with a QB like Baker. In the final 7 games of the year, Winston had 13 TD and 4 INT while averaging 273 yards a game. They went 2-5, but all of the losses but 1 was by 1 score or less. Combine that with a pathetic running game and below average OL and that's not bad.

Maybe they are a year away from being ready to contend with the big dogs, but it's definitely not as if they don't have the talent to compete right now.
True. This thread is about pointing to what might hold the Browns back. The OC having a good year in his second or third year with the team (I’m too lazy to look again) isn’t enough to make me believe the coaching staff is reliable. It also tells me that he probably needs a little bit of work with the personnel to get the offense to click. I see a lot of promise on that Browns team. I still think they are a year away from true contention. With the big FA additions and the youth on the team, they are right where the bears were at this time last year. And last year I was saying the same thing about the bears (and you can argue I was wrong, but regular season aside, they finished right where I thought they would).

On a side note, I don’t base OC performance on wins and losses. They can only control 1 phase of the game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. This thread is about pointing to what might hold the Browns back. The OC having a good year in his second or third year with the team (I’m too lazy to look again) isn’t enough to make me believe the coaching staff is reliable. It also tells me that he probably needs a little bit of work with the personnel to get the offense to click. I see a lot of promise on that Browns team. I still think they are a year away from true contention. With the big FA additions and the youth on the team, they are right where the bears were at this time last year. And last year I was saying the same thing about the bears (and you can argue I was wrong, but regular season aside, they finished right where I thought they would).

On a side note, I don’t base OC performance on wins and losses. They can only control 1 phase of the game.
I'd say you're not far off with that comparison. I think Cleveland has a more talented offense than Chicago last year, but not as talented as a defense. They are certainly comparable situations though.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you comparing them to the 07 pats?

I wasn't. I was just making a general comparison based on loading up on talent and going on to win against many odds.

Reactions: GNG