• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is big ten too boring for good coaches

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't deny the Big is down but how far down do you really think it is espeically when compared to all other conferences including the ACC. Why do you ignore the fact that the ACC has one ranked team.

Or that the Big won the rose bowl last year or that they are still competitive in their games with other conferences including the SEC.

When someone says the B1G is last in coaches all I ask is to back it up with some evidence or reasoning because I don't see it.

You convinced me the ACC sucks also.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...great thread.

One of the biggest shit storms I ever started at Diznay was a thread saying a weak Big10 is the result of the liberal politics of those states leading to dead economies and declining universities. Holy shit...there was something for everyone to get pissy about. It was a trolling extravaganza!
Another dandy like that will come after the Big10's predicatably shitty bowl performances. :madgrin:

Trolling is an art form kids and when done correctly never forget to appreciate the beauty.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure we are the most exciting team in America. We either are a big play team that runs over our opponents by 40 or we are in a nail biter. And while we have depth issues, nobody in America has fielded better superstars the last decade or so. We've had 3 future NFL hall of famers come through Madison, and they are debatably all outside our top three guys in that span (Ball, Borland, Gordon).

As for the rest of the conference, I'll root for them to the extent it helps the Badgers. That's it. Michigan needs to get their shit together. They never should have fired RichRod. His offense was solid, but he had the worst DC in America. They replaced him with a schmuck. Penn State and Ohio State look promising, and if our offensive coaching can match our defensive coaching, we'll be right with them (and Michigan State some years) at the top of our conference. Sounds good to me.

Your right I plan my entire Saturday just so I can watch Wisconsin. I mean who doesn't want to watch them choke against LSU who got skull fucked at home by Miss State? No doubt Wisconsin is must see TV.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportshoopla strategy

If you are losing an argument just post "JIMMIES RUSTLED" in some format.

It is the equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and shouting "Na Na Na Na Na..."

The "rustled jimmies" parachute is seemingly the exit strategy of choice for anyone losing a debate.

Don't get into the ring if you are planning on not getting hit a few times.
Whats the over/under Horns goes full Charlie42 one day?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right I plan my entire Saturday just so I can watch Wisconsin. I mean who doesn't want to watch them choke against LSU who got skull fucked at home by Miss State? No doubt Wisconsin is must see TV.

Couldn't agree more.

I'd much rather watch Washington St take Oregon to the wire. It was like the Cougs were playing Rutgers all over again.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more.

I'd much rather watch Washington St take Oregon to the wire. It was like the Cougs were playing Rutgers all over again.

It was the best game last week and you didn't have to watch 48 minutes of Winston on the sidelines.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the best game last week and you didn't have to watch 48 minutes of Winston on the sidelines.

LOL. I didn't watch much of that one. I flipped over there on commercials.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Oregon fans need to worry about being skull fucked by a coach who took three years to become bowl eligible in the Big10, AGAIN.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer and Dantonio are top 10 coaches, in CFB, imo.

The jury is still out on Pelini, Anderson and Franklin...still good coaches however. A case could be made down the road for Wilson.

Ohio is the best state to pull talent from, in B1G country (OSU and U-M have that state locked down, more or less) so I would say "challenging" is the correct term over "boring."

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Oregon fans need to worry about being skull fucked by a coach who took three years to become bowl eligible in the Big10, AGAIN.

I warned you guys about this B1G reject coach. I told you he was going to fuck you again without lube. But you didn't listen to me, why didn't you listen to me. But I guess you guys didnt want to play in the RoseBowl again. Been there, one that.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, how is Oregon trending tonight.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 10 has much better coaches.

:dhd:

Y

Yapp14

Well it is a concern.

B1G is probably the last conference of the 5 right now in the coaching hierarchy.

When you have the 3 time b1g champ flee for SEC Arky, I say it's a concern.

The b1g is trending down in football as a whole. Not just because of a poor showing recently in football games.

Yes, look no further than their Head Coaches.
BM I also think the conference commissioner deserves a hefty amount of criticism. 8-10 years ago the ACC was the premier basketball conference and now I think its the Big10.

Some of these things are cyclical. But I think Jim Delany has hurt the football side of things with creating divisions (the gay names they used didn't help either). Then adding super powers like Maryland and Rutgers?

FIRE JIM DELANY

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things fall apart in San Fran this year, I could definitely see Harbaugh entertaining the Michigan job. But if SF pulls it together and makes another deep playoff run, I wouldn't expect him to leave.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is a concern.

B1G is probably the last conference of the 5 right now in the coaching hierarchy.

When you have the 3 time b1g champ flee for SEC Arky, I say it's a concern.

The b1g is trending down in football as a whole. Not just because of a poor showing recently in football games.

Yes, look no further than their Head Coaches.

Uhhhhhhh...for the record Bret Bielema has an exception clause in his contract if the Iowa job becomes available. I love how the B1G continues to get bashed on every possible angle

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BM I also think the conference commissioner deserves a hefty amount of criticism. 8-10 years ago the ACC was the premier basketball conference and now I think its the Big10.

Some of these things are cyclical. But I think Jim Delany has hurt the football side of things with creating divisions (the gay names they used didn't help either). Then adding super powers like Maryland and Rutgers?

FIRE JIM DELANY

LOL. good stuff.

2-3 scUM @ 4-1 Rutgers
(home team favored by 2...world expects home team to eviscerate what remains from the Gopher kill)

#20 3-1 OSU @ 4-1 Maryland
(visitors favored by 7...world would love to see a home upset)

but...by all means, fire Delany...:pound: