• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Big Ben going to be fined for his dirty hit?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. So we are now desperate enough to compare a horrible "tackle" in football to attempted murder? Jesus Christ you guys are stretching now aren't you?

tackle would imply the guy had the ball. This defender didn't.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick move by Ben...basically trying to send a message there was no need to hit him which he flopped on.

Should he miss a game?...imo no a fine should be in order...Ben has had guys dive at his legs in the pocket so I was a little surprised he went there.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you have started to sign your posts.

trre.gif

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. So we are now desperate enough to compare a horrible "tackle" in football to attempted murder? Jesus Christ you guys are stretching now aren't you?

Just because you suck at something, such as murder or attempting to hurt somebody, doesn't mean the intent wasn't there. If you attempt to murder somebody, you should be executed. If you are attempting to hurt somebody on the field, you should be suspended.

On a side note, I heard Ben tried to r*pe the girl but failed because his penis was too tiny.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you suck at something, such as murder or attempting to hurt somebody, doesn't mean the intent wasn't there. If you attempt to murder somebody, you should be executed. If you are attempting to hurt somebody on the field, you should be suspended.

On a side note, I heard Ben tried to r*pe the girl but failed because his penis was too tiny.

Wow, nice insult. What are you, 12 years old?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the most part, I agree, if you attempt to murder someone and fail, you should get time in the pin...executed? IDK about that for attempted.

This was a scuffle of sorts, imo Ben was not trying to hurt anybody. If he dove at the guy's knees from behind during a play, yeah he's trying to hurt him.

Ben should be fined and move on.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, I agree, if you attempt to murder someone and fail, you should get time in the pin...executed? IDK about that for attempted.

This was a scuffle of sorts, imo Ben was not trying to hurt anybody. If he dove at the guy's knees from behind during a play, yeah he's trying to hurt him.

Ben should be fined and move on.

If a player did that to Ben, would they have been suspended? Of course they would. Ben dove at the lower leg, could have caused injury. He then uses his shoulder for leverage against the shin and pulls the heel, again injury possible.

Yes executed. Just because you fail at something doesn't mean the intent wasn't there. Isn't intent the real issue?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player did that to Ben, would they have been suspended? Of course they would. Ben dove at the lower leg, could have caused injury. He then uses his shoulder for leverage against the shin and pulls the heel, again injury possible.

Yes executed. Just because you fail at something doesn't mean the intent wasn't there. Isn't intent the real issue?

If someone did the same exact thing to Ben, they would NOT be suspended. He grabbed onto the guys ankle like a 5 year old holding on to Daddy's leg. Come on, people. Dick move. Shouldn't of been done. That's about it. Move on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More than one player has done that to Ben...most recently in a playoff game vs CIN or BAL, a player dove into Ben's knees in the pocket. I think the player was ultimately fined by the league, but during the game there wasn't even a flag thrown.

Does that make what he did right? Of course not, but clearly Ben didn't think he was in the play and no need for him to be hit so he was pissed...and acted out the way he did. Maybe homerism is not allowing me to see this objectively, but it look like a little wrestling scrap to me...no punches thrown...fine him.

But no, you don't execute on intent alone...in criminal law, intent absolutely matters but the action matters as well...attempted ra@e vs r@pe, shouldn't the act carry a more harsh penalty? Breaking and entering vs armed robbery...shouldn't arm robbery carry a stiffer penalty?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your talking about doing your own sack, only Peyton. One thing about Eli is he is tough and takes some vicious hits. Never saw him walk away to the left as a ball is snapped, go over his head into the endzone in either SB

Maybe not only Peyton. Take a look at this.

iu

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not only Peyton. Take a look at this.

iu

Good catch but I was referring to a fellow Pats fan Redseat who said he saw Eli do it and I said only Peyton had the ball sail over his head in a SB, never remember Eli. When I saw AR go into that little tent last year , knew he was a little soft

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No fine for Ben's silly attempt at a takedown.