• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

‘Embarrassing’ For NFL To Claim Ben Roethlisberger Wasn’t Using Cell Phone

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually understand the difference between doing something and being able to prove that something was done?

Here's a great example. Let's see if you can follow along. I just farted. It was long and loud and glorious. However, my wife and daughters are all out right now, so no one can prove that I did it. I expelled air from my ass just like the Patriots expelled air from the footballs and both stink to high heaven.

Prove it or GTFO.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here clearly doesn't get the concept of "proving a negative".

I understand the difference between direct evidence and circumstantial evidence and the impact of extreme homerism on the same. I can't remember a fanbase for which I've lost more respect than the New England Patriots. You guys, collectively, have completely lost the capacity for rational, logical thought.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the difference between direct evidence and circumstantial evidence and the impact of extreme homerism on the same. I can't remember a fanbase for which I've lost more respect than the New England Patriots. You guys, collectively, have completely lost the capacity for rational, logical thought.

And you haven't read the Well's report, the transcripts, etc. etc. etc, you simply based your opinion on what you heard in the media didn't you?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you haven't read the Well's report, the transcripts, etc. etc. etc, you simply based your opinion on what you heard in the media didn't you?

I did read it. More importantly, I understood it. Something you clearly are incapable of doing because you're blinded by your homerism. If you had even a little intellectual integrity, you'd acknowledge your biases in this regard and your inability to look at things objectively, but I won't hold my breath.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read it. More importantly, I understood it. Something you clearly are incapable of doing because you're blinded by your homerism. If you had even a little intellectual integrity, you'd acknowledge your biases in this regard and your inability to look at things objectively, but I won't hold my breath.

Can you accept the possibility that you were manipulated by a report crafted by the NFL for their purposes?

Do you believe the claim that the Wells report was an independent report?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Puhleeze. You're embarrassing yourself Willie. Your comments are something I would expect from the tards that root for Baltimore.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that you say you read it, and actually bought it as factual, proves you didn't actually read it.

Or are you suggesting Federal Judge Berman is blinded by homerism too?

The League even admitted in court there was no evidence Brady broke any rules.

You would know this if you had actually read the Wells report, the transcripts, and the ruling.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you say you read it, and actually bought it as factual, proves you didn't actually read it.

Or are you suggesting Federal Judge Berman is blinded by homerism too?

The League even admitted in court there was no evidence Brady broke any rules.

You would know this if you had actually read the Wells report, the transcripts, and the ruling.

Direct evidence. That first word is very important. As someone who claims to conduct investigations at work, I would hope for your employer's sake that you understand the difference between direct and circumstantial evidence, but it appears you do not. In addition, if you think that the judge's verdict was based on whether Brady was complicit in cheating, you don't understand that either.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Direct evidence. That first word is very important. As someone who claims to conduct investigations at work, I would hope for your employer's sake that you understand the difference between direct and circumstantial evidence, but it appears you do not. In addition, if you think that the judge's verdict was based on whether Brady was complicit in cheating, you don't understand that either.

I understand it perfectly, and the circ evd was extremely weak. The claim the league was making was that somehow Brady was "generally aware" of someone else possibly breaking a rule.

The courts ruling was an absolute beat down of the NFL, and is written to minimize any chance of being over turend, and if it is, setup to beat them down again. Fed. Judge Berman did this by keeping the other points in reserve in case it the case is remandef back to him.

There was no evidence TB broke any rules. What circ. ev. there was had to do with team personnel, and it was weak.

You simply want it to be true, when in fact it is not.

Don't know where you live or where you grew up, but anyone that grew up in cold weather states know that after an hour or so of shooting hoops in the cold the ball doesn't bounce any more because it loses pressure.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have video of Ben breaking a seemingly innocuous NFL rule and no video of Brady breaking a seemingly innocuous rule.

Brady's non video yields 8 months of trials and tribulations. Ben's video is denied flat out and no one wants to discuss it a few days later. Hmmmm.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have video of Ben breaking a seemingly innocuous NFL rule and no video of Brady breaking a seemingly innocuous rule.

Brady's non video yields 8 months of trials and tribulations. Ben's video is denied flat out and no one wants to discuss it a few days later. Hmmmm.

two different scenarios. One guy was altering game balls and the integrity of the game, the other guy was looking at a playsheet. Not even same ballpark.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two different scenarios. One guy was altering game balls and the integrity of the game, the other guy was looking at a playsheet. Not even same ballpark.

A rule is a rule. That's what I was told for the last eight months. Remember? How's about Ben produce all his texts and emails from the last couple of months and let the NFL judge whether he was breaking the rules or not?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rule is a rule. That's what I was told for the last eight months. Remember? How's about Ben produce all his texts and emails from the last couple of months and let the NFL judge whether he was breaking the rules or not?

sounds fair, I guess. What do Ben's texts and emails have to do with looking at a playsheet armband thingy?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds fair, I guess. What do Ben's texts and emails have to do with looking at a playsheet armband thingy?

He clearly has an electronic communication device. The NFL needs to investigate exactly what type of device that is. Get Wells on this stat!

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how guilty Ben looks as he shoves the "playsheet" in his pocket. Like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Busted!

If that was really a play sheet Ben wouldn't look so guilty. amirite guise?!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly has an electronic communication device. The NFL needs to investigate exactly what type of device that is. Get Wells on this stat!

It's clear to me that it's a playsheet that doesn't have the armband thingie on it. Looking at plays on the sideline is not cheating......asking your ball boys to deflate balls is cheating.