• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

‘Embarrassing’ For NFL To Claim Ben Roethlisberger Wasn’t Using Cell Phone

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Embarrassing' For NFL To Claim Ben Roethlisberger Wasn't Using Cell Phone

Embarrassing’ For NFL To Claim Ben Roethlisberger Wasn’t Using Cell Phone
Zolak & BertrandOctober 2, 2015 12:55 PM
Share on emailView Comments

gettyimages-490900362.jpg
Ben Roethlisberger (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

BOSTON (CBS) — It really wouldn’t be a big dealicon1.png if Ben Roethlisberger used his cell phone on the sideline, so why is the NFL going to great lengths to lie about it?

In case you missed it, on Thursday night, TV cameras showed Ben Roethlisberger using what looks very much like a cell phone.

The NFL does forbid phone usage during gamesicon1.png. Browns GM Ray Farmer was suspended for four games for texting during games last season, violating the league’s electronic device policy.

So when Roethlisberger appeared on TV with what looked like a big cell phone, antennae were raised around the country.

But no, the NFL says, that was not a cell phone.

In an email to CSNNE’s Tom Curran, NFL director of AFC communications Jon Zimmer said, “Roethlisberger was holding a black arm band with a clear covericon1.png that contained the Steelers play sheet. It was not a phone.”

Seriously?

“It was a cell phone,” said Marc Bertrand. “There’s no doubt in my mind.”

“My 5-year-old would know that’s a cell phone,” said Scott Zolak. “You can see the volume buttons on the side of the phone.”

CQUmbrWWwAEVa31.jpg

“This is so bad by the league. You’re so stupid,” said Zolak.

“It’s embarrassing,” said Bertrand. “I just don’t understand how they could want anyone to believe that that was not a cell phone. He puts it in his pocket like a phone! It’s all on tape. It’s so bad. It’s so obvious that he’s on his phone. It’s not even close! And he looks like he’s hiding it, like he almost knew that he shouldn’t be on it for very long, because someone might notice that he’s on it.”

Both Zolak and Bertrand agreed it really wouldn’t be a big deal if Roethlisberger used his phone for a few seconds on Thursday night. But the NFL’s statement is embarrassing.

“It’s a joke,” said Beetle. “It’s just so ridiculous that they expect us to believe that.”

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suspend ben for 4 games

fine the steelers 1 million bucks and a draft pick

i demand a 7 month investigation, and court.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
discuss

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hes not illegally using a cell phone on the sidelines id like to know what he was using.

im taking comments...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Embarrassing' For NFL To Claim Ben Roethlisberger Wasn't Using Cell Phone

Embarrassing’ For NFL To Claim Ben Roethlisberger Wasn’t Using Cell Phone
Zolak & BertrandOctober 2, 2015 12:55 PM
Share on emailView Comments

View attachment 35986
Ben Roethlisberger (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

BOSTON (CBS) — It really wouldn’t be a big dealView attachment 35987 if Ben Roethlisberger used his cell phone on the sideline, so why is the NFL going to great lengths to lie about it?

In case you missed it, on Thursday night, TV cameras showed Ben Roethlisberger using what looks very much like a cell phone.

The NFL does forbid phone usage during gamesView attachment 35988. Browns GM Ray Farmer was suspended for four games for texting during games last season, violating the league’s electronic device policy.

So when Roethlisberger appeared on TV with what looked like a big cell phone, antennae were raised around the country.

But no, the NFL says, that was not a cell phone.

In an email to CSNNE’s Tom Curran, NFL director of AFC communications Jon Zimmer said, “Roethlisberger was holding a black arm band with a clear coverView attachment 35989 that contained the Steelers play sheet. It was not a phone.”

Seriously?

“It was a cell phone,” said Marc Bertrand. “There’s no doubt in my mind.”

“My 5-year-old would know that’s a cell phone,” said Scott Zolak. “You can see the volume buttons on the side of the phone.”

View attachment 35990

“This is so bad by the league. You’re so stupid,” said Zolak.

“It’s embarrassing,” said Bertrand. “I just don’t understand how they could want anyone to believe that that was not a cell phone. He puts it in his pocket like a phone! It’s all on tape. It’s so bad. It’s so obvious that he’s on his phone. It’s not even close! And he looks like he’s hiding it, like he almost knew that he shouldn’t be on it for very long, because someone might notice that he’s on it.”

Both Zolak and Bertrand agreed it really wouldn’t be a big deal if Roethlisberger used his phone for a few seconds on Thursday night. But the NFL’s statement is embarrassing.

“It’s a joke,” said Beetle. “It’s just so ridiculous that they expect us to believe that.”
Looks like an ipad Mini

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tablet possibly...

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suspend ben for 4 games

fine the steelers 1 million bucks and a draft pick

i demand a 7 month investigation, and court.
No, Brady will be suspended, patriots fined and lose pick and 7 month court case over this.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League says it was a wrist band. No shit, a wrist band.

Another Roger Goodell fiasco. Already a couple of owners are asking for the truth, not an investigation. One of the owners says that even though Rothlesberger wasn't playing, he could have been passing on or receiving information. Ok, where was Mike Kensil while all this was going on??

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League says it was a wrist band. No shit, a wrist band.

Another Roger Goodell fiasco. Already a couple of owners are asking for the truth, not an investigation. One of the owners says that even though Rothlesberger wasn't playing, he could have been passing on or receiving information. Ok, where was Mike Kensil while all this was going on??
this is insane

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious.

I once caught a young lady around the corner of the school smoking a cigarette. When I called our her name, she dropped it, blew the smoke out sideways and then said "what?"

I said "You're smoking that's what." She denied the entire thing!

"Um, is that a lit cigarette on the ground right behind you?"

....this reminds me of that.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpg

....^^^^^.....I heard BIG-Ben was calling-up his ol' girlfriend (...again)....

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Brady will be suspended, patriots fined and lose pick and 7 month court case over this.
let's not forget brady's will have lasted over 12 months .

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock- Your material used to be comical and somewhat interesting, now it's just stale and old.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Pats fans. EVERY fucking week?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben later destroyed the phone and was quoted as having said "where's the proof?"