• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Belichick the best?

Belichick the Best?

• The best coach today

• The best coach in history

• The best cheater ever

• Stole Goodell's lunch money

Results are only viewable after voting.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spygate (2007) Modified: 09/21/2016">
flag.png
to top ⤴home ⇐awards ⤵

TEAM: The New England Patriots

SEVERITY:
5-cameras.png

SUMMARY: The Patriots were disciplined for videotaping their September 9, 2007 regular-season 38-14 road victory against the New York Jets from the wrong location. The Patriots filmed from an unapproved sideline location instead of from an approved indoor location.

Coincidentally, the Jets had engaged in the same filming activity during their November 12, 2006 regular season game against the Patriots in Foxborough. During that game, a Jets cameraman was caught filming the game and Patriots signals and removed from the stadium. A year later, as a form of payback, the Jets flagged the Patriots for the same activity.

Videotaping your opponents offensive and defensive signals during a game is not prohibited by the league, even today. However, there are places in the stadium where you are allowed and not allowed to film from. According to the 2007 NFL Game Operations Manual, legal game videotaping locations "must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

VICTIM: New York Jets (and Roger Goodell's ego)

PUNISHED? Yes

PUNISHMENT: As punishment for filming the game from the wrong location, NFL commissioner and former Jets public relations intern Roger Goodell fined Patriots head coach Bill Belichick $500,000, fined the Patriots $250,000, and docked the team their original first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft.

PEDSgate (5x since 2007) Modified: 09/20/2016">
flag.png
to top ⤴home ⇐awards ⤵

SEVERITY:
5-cameras.png

SUMMARY: Performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) are used by players to illegally improve athletic performance above what legal training and preparation can do.

Players who illegally improve their performance unfairly penalize players who follow the rules. They not only put those players at risk for physical injury, but they also affect their economic livelihood by impacting their perceived value and their ability to secure appropriately-valued playing contracts.

SEVERITY = 0.5 video cameras per punished incident. Includes all documented infractions from 1960 to present with this Wikipedia page as the primary source.

VICTIM: The entire league

PUNISHED? Yes

PUNISHMENT: Each player was suspended for four games for violating the league's PEDs policy.

IRgate (2013)
flag.png
to top ⤴home ⇐awards ⤵

SEVERITY:
2-cameras.png

SUMMARY: Reported Micheal David Smith of ProFootballTalk.com: "Two former Patriots say the team put false information about them on official injury reports."

"Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate. Spikes ended last season on injured reserve with a knee injury, and there were reports that Patriots coach Bill Belichick actually put Spikes on IR because Spikes had shown up late to practice. Spikes seemed to confirm that in an interview on WGR in Buffalo."

Said Talib: "The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa, the injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things."

VICTIM: The entire league

PUNISHED? No

PUNISHMENT: This could just be the bitching of two disgruntled ex-employees or it may really be "how they do things" up in Foxborough. We'll assume that it is somewhere in the middle. The league never investigated the claims and the Patriots were never penalized for the accusations leveled by Talib and Spikes.

noooo-really.jpg

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's over there, up on that small hill. :laugh3:
Over here it's Chuc Knoll.....4-0 in Super Bowls.....Built one of the best teams ever.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spygate (2007) Modified: 09/21/2016">
flag.png
to top ⤴home ⇐awards ⤵

SEVERITY:
5-cameras.png

SUMMARY: The Patriots were disciplined for videotaping their September 9, 2007 regular-season 38-14 road victory against the New York Jets from the wrong location. The Patriots filmed from an unapproved sideline location instead of from an approved indoor location.

Coincidentally, the Jets had engaged in the same filming activity during their November 12, 2006 regular season game against the Patriots in Foxborough. During that game, a Jets cameraman was caught filming the game and Patriots signals and removed from the stadium. A year later, as a form of payback, the Jets flagged the Patriots for the same activity.

Videotaping your opponents offensive and defensive signals during a game is not prohibited by the league, even today. However, there are places in the stadium where you are allowed and not allowed to film from. According to the 2007 NFL Game Operations Manual, legal game videotaping locations "must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

VICTIM: New York Jets (and Roger Goodell's ego)

PUNISHED? Yes

PUNISHMENT: As punishment for filming the game from the wrong location, NFL commissioner and former Jets public relations intern Roger Goodell fined Patriots head coach Bill Belichick $500,000, fined the Patriots $250,000, and docked the team their original first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft.

And of course there is always the response of the idiots.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing this thread near the top every day.

Nope, Pederson still is.
Every single fucking day.
:yes:

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for Rod Rust?
LOL worst record ever, 1 - 15.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still awaiting your defense of this shit. How can someone who continuously gets caught cheating be considered the GOAT?

Spoiler alert....you cannot defend it. At least with a rational explanation
Just take a look at the results of the poll.

End of Story.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because expecting Patriot fans to be unbiased about Belichick is reliable data
Hey the results are what they are slick. So there is the proof you sought.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because expecting Patriot fans to be unbiased about Belichick is reliable data
What do want us to say?
We for the most part very happy with him. Aside from not playing Butler.
As the saying goes the lion does not worry about the opinions of the sheep.
Hell I have posted many times here that I don't care how it get's done just bring me back the trophy and spare me the details.
Go Pats! By hook or crook.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the results are what they are slick. So there is the proof you sought.
I wasn't aware I was seeking proof? Like you, I expressed an opinion. The great thing about mine is it can be supported with facts. Yours is based on a sexual reaction to a football coach

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do want us to say?
We for the most part very happy with him. Aside from not playing Butler.
As the saying goes the lion does not worry about the opinions of the sheep.
Hell I have posted many times here that I don't care how it get's done just bring me back the trophy and spare me the details.
Go Pats! By hook or crook.
What do I want you to say Carnzo?

Well for starters you could admit that the above results are not exactly credible since the majority are from Pats fans. Second, I would like to hear you say that I make your day brighter and that my donk is the most impressive thing you have ever seen.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I want you to say Carnzo?

Well for starters you could admit that the above results are not exactly credible since the majority are from Pats fans. Second, I would like to hear you say that I make your day brighter and that my donk is the most impressive thing you have ever seen.
You do brighten my day for sure but other than that I'l take a pass. Thanks for the offer to do show and tell though.
<slowly backs out of the room and runs away>

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still awaiting your defense of this shit. How can someone who continuously gets caught cheating be considered the GOAT?

Spoiler alert....you cannot defend it. At least with a rational explanation

I wasn't aware I was seeking proof? Like you, I expressed an opinion. The great thing about mine is it can be supported with facts. Yours is based on a sexual reaction to a football coach
Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg