• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Anyone Alive Out There: Ongoing Mets Thread

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time.

The Mets are currently discussing when to promote Rafael Montero, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard and other young pitchers from Triple-A to the big leagues, Assistant GM John Ricco told WOR 710 AM before Wednesday’s game.
“The way Paul DePodesta has talked about it, and I agree with him, is that we want to bring them up when they really don’t have anything left to prove or work on in Triple-A, because that means they can help us win with their talent,” Ricco said. “Notwithstanding, we’d like to pitch better out of the bullpen [at the big-league level], but rushing one of those guys and putting on pressure and creating a situation where they’re the savior is not something we’re looking to do.”
According to Ricco, Montero has been working on “the little things,” such as holding runners on at first base and fielding his position, which is what the organization asked him to do when he left Spring Training.
In regards to whether Syndergaard could end up pitching in relief, Ricco said, “The conversations we’ve had internally indicate all options are open,” and he shouldn’t be separated from Montero and deGrom.
That said, he concluded, “We look at all guys individually and do what’s best for them, but viewed against the backdrop of what they can do for the big-league team. It’s fairly complex situation.”

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandy, all 3 are names we should look at!

The Cardinals may soon look to trade an established hitter, such as 1B Matt Adams or OF-1B Allen Craig, rival GMs told columnist Jon Heyman (SI.com, May 11).
Similarly, ESPN’s Jim Bowden says the Indians could look to trade SS Asdrubal Cabrera this summer, in advance of the player’s pending free agency (ESPN Insider, May 13).
Cabrera, 28, is batting .246 with a .325 OBP, three home runs and 11 RBI in 38 games at shortstop for the Indians this season. He is a career .271 hitter with a lifetime .747 OPS.
The Indians reportedly listened to offers for Cabrera last winter (Rosenthal, Dec. 10), at which time the Mets were not interested (Sherman, Dec. 10).

Metsblog | Latest News, Rumors and Opinion about the Mets

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Harvey said he expects to head to Port St. Lucie and begin throwing off a mound at some time in June, he told media at the MLB FanCave on Thursday in New York City.
The Mets preferred Harvey do his entire rehab in Port St. Lucie. The team and Harvey eventually agreed to let him spend homestands with the team in New York and work in Florida when the Mets are on the road.
“I can see the light at the end of the tunnel,” he said.

www.metsblog.com

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agreein' with Yoga here, Collins has to go. Maybe he wouldn't be so intolerable if he would just make some decisions and stick to them. Wouldn't hurt if he would STFU every once in awhile, either.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lineup should be a fan vote. Obviously I am not serious but there has been some confusing ones lately.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lineup should be a fan vote. Obviously I am not serious but there has been some confusing ones lately.

Truth be told....there are a bunch of Mets fans that would definitely be able to manage this team a lot better or at the very minimum just as "well" as Collins....lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Drew back to the Sox, kinda glad we avoided that one.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Drew back to the Sox, kinda glad we avoided that one.

Yeah me too....but w/ our dumb luck, now watch the son of a bitch go on a tear hitting .320, driving in 50-60 runs and end up winning a friggin gold glove for them.....:L

This team can't win for losing....:lol:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And speaking of dumb luck..let's hope the Mets' medical/training staff don't allow this to blow up in their and our faces....sheeeesh....... I mean I love the drive and desire he has, and the competitive pride, but you gotta be pragmatic and not rush back, given the history of that procedure and recovery time. I don't care who you are or if he thinks he's superman.

NEW YORK ...(5/20) -- Matt Harvey, who plans to get on a mound for the first time since Tommy John surgery on June 10, wants to make five to seven starts for the Mets this season.

Matt Harvey

#33 SP
New York Mets

"Of course, I won't do it unless I'm cleared to do it," Harvey told Sports Illustrated, "but I want to pitch before the year ends. I want to make five, six, seven starts this year. I asked [the training staff], 'If I want to come back in August, when do I need to start throwing off a mound?' They said June 10. So that's what we have penciled in right now. That's the plan.

"I feel great. I don't feel any soreness now. The ball is coming out of my hand great."

Harvey added that he will make adjustments. He normally threw his fastball and slider with game intensity between starts, but told the magazine he will back off the throttle during future bullpen sessions. He also plans to pitch at a heavier weight -- about 240 pounds, 20 more than in the past.

"It's funny, but when I was leaner I would have some soreness in my body after I pitched," Harvey told SI. "Now, being heavier, I feel great. After I do my work there's no soreness at all."

Harvey underwent Tommy John surgery on Oct. 22, so he is eyeing a return roughly 10 months after surgery, which is quicker than average.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earth to Dave Hudgens:
"I see a lot of slow bats on this Mets club this year. Slider bat speed, and they miss, or just foul off hittable fastballs in the strike zone w/late swings....has to be concerning for them"
- from an outside roving independent MLB scout, who has been following the Mets for the last 3 weeks.

:L

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets fan and legendary comedian Jerry Seinfeld says he has no interest in buying the Mets (Esquire, May 24).
“Never even for a second,” Seinfeld explained. “It would be an endless series of headaches morning till night. The peak of being a fan is a hotdog and a beer and a seat at the game. There’s nothing above that. Nothing above it.”

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow we are only 3.5 games out of first, 1 game under .500. I'll take it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets fan and legendary comedian Jerry Seinfeld says he has no interest in buying the Mets (Esquire, May 24).
“Never even for a second,” Seinfeld explained. “It would be an endless series of headaches morning till night. The peak of being a fan is a hotdog and a beer and a seat at the game. There’s nothing above that. Nothing above it.”

Does he even have enough money to even consider it?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he even have enough money to even consider it?

Pretty sure he owns a parking deck in Manhattan where he keeps his collection of Porsches so he's doing pretty well. Could certainly be a minority owner.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he owns a parking deck in Manhattan where he keeps his collection of Porsches so he's doing pretty well. Could certainly be a minority owner.

this is true. I should have stated FULL ownership.... Which now that I think about it he would never have considered that... So disregard what I said. :L