• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to scout: unc will get a notice of allegations in the next week, mostly because of Blake and the tudor. Im not sure if the Coples thing is over yet or not? But i'd imagine if there are any finding there they could/would be tacked on later. From what scout is saying they prob wont get lack of institutional control (bowl/tv ban), but thats still an unknown. Im sure at the very least they prob get a long probation and the way butch does things in wont be long before something else happens. Also sounds like they will get scholly's reduced.

That would suck for us.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Inside Carolina reporters is like asking Chris Mathews what be thinks of Obama so far, though. I wouldn't put too much stock in it. If USC got a bowl ban for one football player and one basketball Player, I expect UNC to get drilled. Plus, this is only step one of three and absolutely no discussion of punishment even can occur until UNC responds so any talk o punishment at this point is total guess.

Yup, Inside Carolina has been trying to brush this whole situation under the rug from day 1. I can't see them not getting LOIC. Plus, I've heard this NOA may not even cover everything. May just be for Blake and the tutoring situation. More allegations could come later.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Per my "insider" Carolina neighbor I must pass the following facts regarding the UNC and OSU situations, just so you all are educated on reality.

1. Ohio State is Satan.
2. Carolina is angelic.
3. Jim Tressel knew everything and then left to avoid the problem.
4. Butch Davis didn't know anything and has saved the program from evil.
5. TP and the OSU bunch were systematic cheaters supported by the admin.
6. MA, and the UNC crew were all rougue. No coaches besides the (rogue) top assistant knew anything.
7. Tressel no longer coach proves he and Ohio State are guilty and should be pounded by NCAA.
8. North Carolina firing John Blake was preemptive and will lessen small, if any, sanctions.
9. Ohio State has been lying and hiding evidence from the NCAA and media, and slow to act on the situation.
10. UNC has been ahead of the NCAA, complied with every request, has been overly transparent, and has acted swiftly to remove the rogue issues.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per my "insider" Carolina neighbor I must pass the following facts regarding the UNC and OSU situations, just so you all are educated on reality.

1. Ohio State is Satan.
2. Carolina is angelic.
6. MA, and the UNC crew were all rougue. No coaches besides the (rogue) top assistant knew anything.
7. Tressel no longer coach proves he and Ohio State are guilty and should be pounded by NCAA.
8. North Carolina firing John Blake was preemptive and will lessen small, if any, sanctions.
9. Ohio State has been lying and hiding evidence from the NCAA and media, and slow to act on the situation.
10. UNC has been ahead of the NCAA, complied with every request, has been overly transparent, and has acted swiftly to remove the rogue issues.

Did you add that OSU has been to like 8 BCS games, 3 national title games and won one, while UNC has.....well.....lost to NCState 4 straight times and has two tire bowl runner up trophies.
:pound::pound::pound:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Ohio State is Satan.
2. Carolina is angelic.

LMAO....rep when i can

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did you add that OSU has been to like 8 BCS games, 3 national title games and won one, while UNC has.....well.....lost to NCState 4 straight times and has two tire bowl runner up trophies.
:pound::pound::pound:

In a way, yes. I always try to make it seem like I'm on his side, so I avoid rubbing in the failures they've had with Butch. I focus more on getting him to believe UNC can't possibly be cheating since they've been so bad in the past. It's a modified version of my "UVa Academics Excuse" combat.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could take credit for this, but it came from packpride. I'm sure some of you have seen it, but for those who haven't, this should be good for some laughs.

397017569.jpg

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wish I could take credit for this, but it came from packpride. I'm sure some of you have seen it, but for those who haven't, this should be good for some laughs.

397017569.jpg

Thats classic!!! Cheetles! hahahahaha

If all this stuff does get released in the morn, both the internet and espn should be pretty interesting for the next couple days.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC releases records in football inquiry - North Carolina - NewsObserver.com

This is my favorite part:

Last week, UNC received a formal notice from the NCAA declaring that the NCAA intended to complete its investigation later this month.The Tar Heels entered last summer as a preseason favorite to dominate the Atlantic Coast Conference and contend for a Bowl Championship Series bid. As the investigation continued, however, associate head coach John Blake resigned, 14 Tar Heels players were held out for at least one game, and seven were sidelined for the entire 2010 season.

The Tar Heels finished 8-5, with a dramatic, double-overtime win over Tennessee in the Music City Bowl.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Favorites to what????

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
UNC releases records in football inquiry - North Carolina - NewsObserver.com

This is my favorite part:

Last week, UNC received a formal notice from the NCAA declaring that the NCAA intended to complete its investigation later this month.The Tar Heels entered last summer as a preseason favorite to dominate the Atlantic Coast Conference and contend for a Bowl Championship Series bid. As the investigation continued, however, associate head coach John Blake resigned, 14 Tar Heels players were held out for at least one game, and seven were sidelined for the entire 2010 season.

The Tar Heels finished 8-5, with a dramatic, double-overtime win over Tennessee in the Music City Bowl.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Favorites to what????

In the News Observer's defense, they were probably dumb enough to vote UNC the preseason favorite. Ofcourse, 98% of the ACC voters laughed at them for it.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
DerekRowles: #UNC -- 395 Tickets issued to football players.. Fees $15-$250 each.. Vehicles include: BMW, Range Rover, Acura, Ford, Chevy, Lincoln..

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poster on tsl makes a good point. Which of these 11 players was driving a silver Lincoln from Virginia? None of them are from Virginia. The documents also list tags from Maryland, and none of these guys are from Maryland either

Charles Brown: Ohio
Kendric Burney: NC
Bruce Carter: NC
Ryan Houston: NC
Dwight Jones: Burlington, NC via Hargrave in VA.
Donte Paige-Moss: NC
Robert Quinn: SC
Kevin Reddick: NC via Hargrave in VA.
Greg Little: NC
Johnny White: NC
Deunta Williams: NC

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
DerekRowles: #UNC -- I counted 27 different vehicles that were ticketed.. also to answer some ?? the Range Rover also listed as Land Rover.. (contd)

DerekRowles: #UNC (contd) .. the ticketing officer obviously wrote Land Rover some of the time, and Range Rover the other times..

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh music to my ears. and "preseason favorites to DOMINATE the acc" has got to be one of the most ridiculous things i've read in a while. seriously

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next two posts demonstrate why I hate UNC so much. First, this, from the Clemson board. I think it's a safe bet Swofford won't be trying this again, but the rest of the ACC ought to try it as a makeup for years of arrogance.

"For those who are unaware as to why I would make such a harsh statement about the Tarheels, let me just say we Clemson fans have good reason to show the UNC football program the same amount of affection we would a cockroach. I’ll be the first to admit that Clemson was less than honest as a program in that late ‘70s and early ‘80s. Tiger players certainly received more than their share of improper benefits. In a response to rival fans heckling him about Clemson’s probation in 1983, star defensive tackle William “Refrigerator” Perry famously retorted, “Hey, we work hard for our money!”

While Clemson was certainly not alone in its… er… egregious cheating, we were the ones unlucky enough to catch the attention of the NCAA, thanks to some helpful tip-offs from UGA’s Vince Dooley and NC State’s Monte Kiffin. In 1982, the NCAA wasted no time in dropping the hammer on us. All in all, the sanctions spanned two years of scholarship reductions, a two-year bowl ban and a two-year television ban — a stiff punishment, but a just one.

It is at this point in the story that our self-righteous, baby blue friends from Chapel Hill decided to enter the fray. Joining forces with the athletic director from Duke, UNC athletic director John Swofford (yes, the one that is now ACC Commissioner. Don’t even get me started on that…) called a meeting between every ACC athletic director except Clemson’s.

In the meeting, Swofford stated that the sanctions the NCAA handed down to Clemson were not stiff enough and proposed a vote to extend Clemson’s probation from two years to three. All the schools present consented with the exceptions of Maryland and Wake Forest, who were appalled at the idea of further punishing a fellow conference member. The two schools’ representatives left the meeting in disgust when Swofford suggested that the votes remain anonymous."