• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Yahoo Sports guy
WindyCityScribe Charles Robinson
North Carolina fans: expect the NCAA's forthcoming letter of inquiry AND notice of infractions to come in close proximity to each other.

Twitter

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this as well

LOIC for UNC for having a agent runner employed as Asst Head Coach?

His response:

WindyCityScribe Charles Robinson
@
Yes, John Blake will be a big part of both letters.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Someone should tweet this guy and ask "when?".

IMO the NCAA has been so busy with the mass corruption in college football that it seems to me that unCheat has been put on the back burner but maybe now their time is coming.

SIDENOTE: i dont see the NCAA ever putting the "death penalty (smu)" on anyone again, so im not sure what i expect to happen @ unc. Im guessing something along the lines of reduced schollies and 1-2 year bowl ban(<------ a la USC), but i could see a slap on the wrist type situation also. What do you guys think?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a starting DT in trouble again as well. Jared MacAdoo was stealing some of his teammates gear and selling it. The story should be out soon. This is not much of a shock considering he was the same guy arrestEd for selling drugsto players when he was a recruit visiting the school. Of course, UNC still admitted him. :L

His rivals photo kind of says it all:

Jared McAdoo - Yahoo! Sports

I think that UNC will get a pretty hefty punishment because they are not a huge player in CFB so the NCAA could make an example out ofthem without losing a premiere team. I would guess heavily reduced schollys and at least a 4 year postseason ban. In addition, I expect them to have to vacate all of their wins from 200& and 2009.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One issue with UNC right now is the court cases for the FOIA (freedom of information act). Recently heard that UNC lost the case, but of course is appealing it. Appeals process could take a while. I think the NCAA is waiting on that so they can keep compiling evidence against them. That's why I think things have been quiet on the UNC front while all this other stuff has been going on. They are going to get hit hard though once everything is out.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now I have a question about all of this. Is the FOIA case to keep records away from just the media or both the media and NCAA? I thought it was both, but FOIA seems to be geared towards media prevention, which would mean the NCAA already has these documents?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a starting DT in trouble again as well. Jared MacAdoo was stealing some of his teammates gear and selling it. The story should be out soon. This is not much of a shock considering he was the same guy arrestEd for selling drugsto players when he was a recruit visiting the school. Of course, UNC still admitted him. :L

His rivals photo kind of says it all:

Jared McAdoo - Yahoo! Sports

I think that UNC will get a pretty hefty punishment because they are not a huge player in CFB so the NCAA could make an example out ofthem without losing a premiere team. I would guess heavily reduced schollys and at least a 4 year postseason ban. In addition, I expect them to have to vacate all of their wins from 200& and 2009.

Several UNC and N.C. State posters saying McAdoo has been kicked off the team. For Butch to kick you off the team, well, you must have REALLY, REALLY screwed up. That takes some doing. No surprise, this kid is a John Blake recruit. LOL

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I have a question about all of this. Is the FOIA case to keep records away from just the media or both the media and NCAA? I thought it was both, but FOIA seems to be geared towards media prevention, which would mean the NCAA already has these documents?

Pretty sure it was just geared toward media prevention. I think the NCAA already has all this info. As a member institution, I think UNC is required to hand this stuff over to the NCAA if requested to do so by them. I'm not 100 percent sure on that, but believe that is the case.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting tweet. This guy is a radio show host in the Triangle

Joe Ovies
Ohio State car troubles exact reason why the N&O so interested in UNC parking tickets.

Twitter

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of quick thoughts

"A couple of principles seem ominous for UNC:

One of the NCAA's power point slides said that regardless of knowledge or involvement under NCAA rules, institutions are responsible for actions of staff members, student-athletes and boosters.

In other words, UNC's assertion that coach Butch Davis didn't know about the violations might not save the program from penalties."

Translation - Considering the head coach's right-hand man is at the center of this allegation, UNC would appear to be screwed.

Second thought

"Academic fraud is considered an aggravating factor for a school, so that could have a negative impact on UNC."

Translation - Duh

Third thought

"Other principles could work in UNC's favor in the NCAA process:

Former Committee on Infractions chair Josephine Potuto said that in NCAA rules compliance, "you can't be everywhere and you can't do everything, and the committee understands that perfectly."

Cooperating with the NCAA can lessen the blow for a school. It has to be "exceptional cooperation," according to the NCAA, but UNC athletic director Dick Baddour has said the school provided that."

Me again - UNC claims it has cooperated fully, yet is being sued by the multiple media outlets for not turning over e-mails, phone records, parking tickets, etc. due to FERPA regulations. I could be wrong, but it just seems to me that UNC is setting itself up for a huge letdown. If the NCAA lets UNC off easy "because they didn't know and/or because they cooperated," doesn't that just open the door any school to go rogue, only to claim ignorance once caught with the hand in the proverbial cookie jar?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one of you guys could go post this at Disney, I would love to see dafunk's reaction. he will avoid the issue and call me a Carolina hater (which i am not) if I post it, so I need hunz, amzete or 757 to do it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post what? that article?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schadjoe Joe Schad
by ArmstrongWTVD
There are photos of Coples at the Austin-Quinn party - guess where - on Facebook and a club promotion web site

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ArmstrongWTVD Mark Armstrong
UNC spokesman tells me NCAA was on campus again this week 'as part of the ongoing review of the football program'

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice watch Coples. Best not lie to the NCAA about where it came from

scaled.php