• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Ingersoll Facebook Post:

I'm done biting my tongue. Facebook is public forum and I couldn't care less who reads this, because enough is enough, and people need to know what's really going on.

I graduated from North Carolina in December 2010. Today is October 5, 2012. I received notification that the Raleigh News & Observer, parent company of The Charlotte Observer, has attained a court order demanding, but not limited to
, select personal student records of myself and my teammates from Carolina. Somehow, these records have been deemed to not be "confidential student records" as protected by FERPA, but come on, let's be serious here. The loophole they dug for and found to allow them to do this is the only bit of credible investigation they've ever done.

The News & Observer has made it apparent that, with its "Holier Than Thou" attitude and its arrogant demand for anything damning of UNC - THE FLAGSHIP SCHOOL OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA (the state in which you, with your misplaced arrogance and delusions of grandeur, actually feel you're IMPROVING with your C-average stories) - has all been an exercise in self-fulfillment. Here's a news story for you: THE NEWSPAPER BUSINESS IS A FAILING INDUSTRY, a flicker in the night of what once was. Welcome to 2012. I've read coloring books that provided more insight than your dim-witted material.

I hope NC State offers a multimedia course you can offer to some of your employees so you guys can somehow, with your Paleolithic brains, learn to adapt - hell, some of the crap I read makes me swear most of them didn't even GO to college. But who are we kidding, NC State probably doesn't offer a class like that, I mean who really takes them seriously as an educational institution anyway? Their idea of "higher learning" is standing at the top of a step-stool with their arm shoulder-deep in some poor horse's ass.

All ranting aside, I will say this:

News & Observer, you have embarassed me, my university, my athletic director, my teammates, and my former Head Coach for long enough. You are not a credible source for news on the basis that the ink on your pages is not nearly as dark as the shadow your bias casts upon them. It is a shame that the farthest, from a journalism standpoint, the majority of your employees will ever go is a grasping-at-straws, dying newspaper. I believe SOME of them are decent writers, and it is a tragedy that their talent will forever be discredited as a result of their employment at your offices. Enough is enough. Carolina will, as it always has, prevail. And those who conduct business the way you have decided to always end up having it come back on them, somehow.

And if any of your editors catch wind of this post, feel free to publish it, you have my permission. Because this, unlike most of your demands of Carolina, actually IS public record.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mike Ingersoll
UNC C/O 2010

From Here

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he wrote a similar rant to Greg Little, Marvin Austin, Quinton Coples etc... etc.... who ACTUALLY are to blame for the scandal and investigation that created the press feeding frenzy.

Misdirected hostility, Mike.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Mike Ingersoll :csb:
more like
spongebob-butthurt.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw something similar on Deadspin. Not surprising. I think I said it here but I'll say it again. The NCAA doesn't give a rat's ass about academics. As long as the athletes aren't getting paid (meaning without the NCAA getting its preferred cut), they don't give a fuck what you do in the classroom

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw something similar on Deadspin. Not surprising. I think I said it here but I'll say it again. The NCAA doesn't give a rat's ass about academics. As long as the athletes aren't getting paid (meaning without the NCAA getting its preferred cut), they don't give a fuck what you do in the classroom

Yea this probably goes by without a real sniff by the NCAA. Even though it points out that the academic scandal used to be in UNC's basketball program as well. NCAA is less likely to touch the basketball program. Don't want to lose one of their prized assets.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump: I hope UNCheat's stupid hat coach leaves them.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww, I see another butt hurt UNCheat grad is defending the honorable act of allowing varsity athletes to cheat their way through school. I thought "The Carolina Way" was vastly superior to other less prestigious public universities? With that kind of logic and cognitive dissonance, I suppose allowing a student athlete that failed to meet Clemson's rigorous academic standards makes Clemson the better academic school? I'm talking about you, Dwight Jones :dhd:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww, I see another butt hurt UNCheat grad is defending the honorable act of allowing varsity athletes to cheat their way through school. I thought "The Carolina Way" was vastly superior to other less prestigious public universities? With that kind of logic and cognitive dissonance, I suppose allowing a student athlete that failed to meet Clemson's rigorous academic standards makes Clemson the better academic school? I'm talking about you, Dwight Jones :dhd:

He didnt meet Clemsons academic requirements even after going to Valdosta? He didn't meet Carolina's standards out of high school either

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor going around that he just interviewed with Tennessee. Would be very odd, if true, unless he has reason to be worried about something coming down from the NCAA.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor going around that he just interviewed with Tennessee. Would be very odd, if true, unless he has reason to be worried about something coming down from the NCAA.

I heard this from multiple places, but no idea if there is any truth to it.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it's just that, a rumor. He never interviewed

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
if it is just a rumor it is a rumor with a lot of smoke, it is being reported multiple places.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it is just a rumor it is a rumor with a lot of smoke, it is being reported multiple places.

It's also rumored that he didnt interview. It was also rumored that Gundy was going to Arkansas. I believe the sources I read that said the rumors about him interviewing with tennessee are completely erroneous.