• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Chart

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly I couldn't care less who it is, because they're both not elite - yet - though Lynch has the ability to climb that ladder a bit more than Siemian.

Now I'm confused. So you care or don't you care?! ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not care less. Not "I could care less". That of course means that I could care less, when in fact, I don't care any more or less than I care right now. Which is zero cares. No cares given. :)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Hoyer, never started a full NFL season until six years in
Trevor started his 2nd year in for the defending super bowl champs
Using Brian Griese than hoyer makes more sense to me
Not sure I see Siemian "tripping over his dog" as often as Griese did though.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also won a super bowl. Would be estactic if Trevor won a super bowl

Regarding Hoyer, never started a full NFL season until six years in
Trevor started his 2nd year in for the defending super bowl champs
Using Brian Griese than hoyer makes more sense to me

Sieman was 8-6 his first season
Don't see unless you project Siemian to suck like hoyer.
I project Trevor will continue to be a starter in the NFL

Not sure the comparison of when they started was what was being compared here. Hoyer sat behind Tom Brady for the first 3 years then his 4th had to wait for a team to sign him and didn't get a chance to start. So very different situations when it comes to opportunity.

Where I do think they line up well is that Hoyer has struggled with injuries when given his chance. Siemian every starting chance he has had including college and now the NFL he has shown a bit of promise but never been able to stay healthy.

I would say they also compare well in skill set and what to expect out of them. Borderline starter that can win you a few games if he has some talent around him to help out and isn't asked to be the hero.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not care less. Not "I could care less". That of course means that I could care less, when in fact, I don't care any more or less than I care right now. Which is zero cares. No cares given. :)

Do I carry something to the other column?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the comparison of when they started was what was being compared here. Hoyer sat behind Tom Brady for the first 3 years then his 4th had to wait for a team to sign him and didn't get a chance to start. So very different situations when it comes to opportunity.

Where I do think they line up well is that Hoyer has struggled with injuries when given his chance. Siemian every starting chance he has had including college and now the NFL he has shown a bit of promise but never been able to stay healthy.

I would say they also compare well in skill set and what to expect out of them. Borderline starter that can win you a few games if he has some talent around him to help out and isn't asked to be the hero.

Right!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian did no favors to the OL nor vise versa ... Perfect storms to help out opposing D's ..

His trying to being perfect holding to the football to long and leaving the pocket like a (Floating out of pocket )screen on every play ...

When he just let himself do the play called he seemed fine to me .. getting the football out is key to being healthy ..

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trevor is Hoyer then Lynch better step up his game or
You been beaten not once but twice by a "Slow, White, Geeky Chump"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now THIS is an interesting question. What alternative would you have wanted to see? What QB would you have wanted the Chiefs to draft in any of those years? And would it have worked?

From a fan perspective I never want to lose a season like that. The Chiefs are probably a lot closer to a SB now than they'd have been had they done a complete rebuild starting with Reid's arrival. It took the Raiders from 2012 to now just to get into a position to be credible again. And I still don't consider them a SB contender. Not with that defense and HC.

Still an interesting discussion.
Hard to say. I recall liking Carr out of college (I think I even have a post on the Raiders board congratulating them on it somewhere) and Andy has pretty much always praised him. I strongly suspect they would have taken Carr (and I do think they'd finish worse than the Raiders if they allowed it to be bad) even if it would be a significant reach. Fits more into Reid's mo in KC than Bridgewater would in actuality.

The main sticking points I'd probably have is giving Bowe a large contract (an obvious albatross the day of arrival) and maybe a more aggressive extension here and there if it were actually possible to certain players. Outside of that, it's kind of hard to envision a much better scenario than what has already unfurled post 2012 which was about as bad as it could possibly get- in a draft which didn't exactly throw the NFL's hungry masses a bone at QB. Feels a little arrogant almost to be too critical of a team that has had as much progress as it has, and is now addressing the QB which pretty much everyone knew was an obvious handicap against the Patriots and Steelers; the latter has through four games despite a poor defensive reputation has pretty much shut down Smith. That's grounds to be fired/replaced in my book when you're an average QB.

People talk about Watson-Mahomes quite a bit, but I am not so sure the comparison won't actually be Kizer-Mahomes from this draft class. Outside of the GM debacle, I am mostly a pretty happy fan given the progress the team has made- and hopefully- continues to make. They had a stiff mountain to climb to purge all the crap from prior regimes.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta the exact reason why I don't care to share an opinion around here much anymore because the first time something like this happens people blow it in your face.

Not ready to crown Siemian the next Tom Brady, nor do we need him to be, but I will be thrilled if he continues this. He started off ok last year too and went down the tubes. I hope he continues to prove me wrong. Too early to be celebrating though.

Cdum, myself and Cyanide make a lot of comments that can go either way, we're human. That's why we post on a message boar to discuss and share opinions. I never claim to always be right. and I am often hope I am wrong on some of my feelings about players on our team like this one. You have a 50/50 chance of being right. Trust be told. I don't think Siemian is as bad as some of us think and he isn't as good as some others think. But in reality I hope EVERY Bronco fan is hoping for him to be the best he can beat. I know I am, even if it means I am wrong. We will see how it goes. It has been 2 games.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cdum, myself and Cyanide make a lot of comments that can go either way, we're human. That's why we post on a message boar to discuss and share opinions. I never claim to always be right. and I am often hope I am wrong on some of my feelings about players on our team like this one. You have a 50/50 chance of being right. Trust be told. I don't think Siemian is as bad as some of us think and he isn't as good as some others think. But in reality I hope EVERY Bronco fan is hoping for him to be the best he can beat. I know I am, even if it means I am wrong. We will see how it goes. It has been 2 games.

In your eyes - it is only the three of you who share opinions and runs the gauntlet of criticism. You guys aren't the lone ranger - a lot of us - are running the same risk.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is their a risk? It is a message board.. Do I gain something or lose something by being right or wrong? These are convos I have with friends daily. It's part of analyzing football. The people who get paid millions to make these decisions are often wrong.

I was using CD, myself and Cyanide as an example because we are do stuff outside this forum with article writing on the web. I wasn't meaning to say you don't have an opinion. Yes, we know everyone is great if they put on a Bronco uniform in the eyes of Mingo.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to plead the 5th , after this and not take the bait when we are two weeks into an NFL season sitting at 2-0. I will enjoy it and hope to see it continue. If we want to discuss every time I make a prediction and it is wrong we are going to have a very long conversation. Just like everyone else here. Just like any GM in the national football league. I’m also not going to be bringing up any old threads when others wrong to show you. We would be here all day just like you would be for me. I admit when I am wrong, in many cases like this one, I WANT to be wrong. Some of yall act like it’s a bad thing to be wrong. I’m often happy to be wrong…. And I am not ready to call anyone right or wrong, but I will say for the 1,000 time. I hope those of you who love Siemian are correct and those of us who were not believers are wrong… and those of you who never had an opinion and took the easy road good for you, but you also can’t be the one throwing it in other people’s faces. Gotta have your own opinion, not the radios opinion. For every Danny Trevathan that I love coming out of college, there is a Chris Harris that I didn’t love coming out of college and here now I am claiming Chris Harris as my favorite Broncos player a few years later. For every Paxton Lynch that I didn’t like as a draft pick there is a Cody Latimer that I did love as a draft pick. Now let’s all come together, not get ahead of ourselves after two weeks and hope we didn’t bring this thread up just a bit too early and jinx this. Simeian is off to a good start. I am not going to nitpick like many others would here. If I am wrong I am wrong, and that is great! But I'm not convinced yet either. We need to see it on a consistent bases before old threads are brought up. But I also am giving Siemian credit through the two games we have played so far. I think that is fair.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is their a risk? It is a message board.. Do I gain something or lose something by being right or wrong? These are convos I have with friends daily. It's part of analyzing football. The people who get paid millions to make these decisions are often wrong.

I was using CD, myself and Cyanide as an example because we are do stuff outside this forum with article writing on the web. I wasn't meaning to say you don't have an opinion. Yes, we know everyone is great if they put on a Bronco uniform in the eyes of Mingo.

Oh yeah and before someone says who cares that you guys write articles, podcasts whatever. My only point about that is our stuff is out to the public . Twitter, etc... So like any fan behind their computer screen I am saying you are going to hear when you're wrong but seldom when you're right. That's the social media world we live in. That was the only reason I brought up that group of people. Didn't mean that nobody else had an opinion.