• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Chart

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a chart showing QB's that were taken in the 1st round that didn't start their 2nd year in the league. Not a good look if Paxton cannot find the field to start this season. Beyond the ones that backed up a HOF QB Jason Campbell, Chad Pennington, and Steve McNair seem like the only ones that had decent careers. Or at least started quite a few seasons later on.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cynical - it appears to me that the Broncos have a heavy thumb on the scale for Paxton Lynch. I do agree that the team needs to find out definitively if Lynch is the long term answer. I like Siemian - he doesn't have the ceiling Lynch has. I think Siemain has value and may be the guy if Lynch bombs or gets hurt.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cynical - it appears to me that the Broncos have a heavy thumb on the scale for Paxton Lynch. I do agree that the team needs to find out definitively if Lynch is the long term answer. I like Siemian - he doesn't have the ceiling Lynch has. I think Siemain has value and may be the guy if Lynch bombs or gets hurt.

I do agree I think the Broncos want Lynch to win this job. And they are going to give him every opportunity to win this job. You don't trade up in the 1st round for a guy then usually let that player rot on the bench. Siemian has definitely impressed me way more than I ever thought he could be you are right his ceiling has a limit and it is not where Bronco fans would want it to be.

Hopefully one of these 2 guys really separates soon in the competition and we can have a definitive answer. I do know that Lynch is getting talked about more around the building by coaches and players but that was OTA's and Mini-camp where everything is a glorified flag football game. Has to show up to training camp showing improvement even over that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trade Lynch and some draft picks for Rivers and start sizing your Super Bowl rings.
Chad Kelley will light it up this preseason to become the heir apparent

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trade Lynch and some draft picks for Rivers and start sizing your Super Bowl rings.

Haha interesting idea. I think Deion Sanders was talking about this very idea yesterday. I would love Rivers to win a Super Bowl with the Broncos. Obviously winning the Super Bowl would be huge but then the chance to laugh at the rest of the division with now having more Super Bowls than the Raiders, once again being the class of the AFC West, and of course the chance to mock Chargers fans would make it all the sweeter of a victory.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey steve mcnair isnt a bad comp lol

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also lynch was a 'known' project. Just let em do their thing and trust the coaching staff and process...
that said im hoping lynch can go earn it

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not you scott, you were made perfect <3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

DT wants a QB decision soon. I sorta just wanna roll with Paxton (having no eyes in practice so I just what Denver does) but see if he has what it takes this year, see what strides he makes if it isnt good have to hit it again next year.

Siemian is what he is... He isn't our future. He is a stop gap who will play in NFL a long time as a solid backup with starting experience.

I know it's start early with Pax, but not being a huge fan of him coming out I sorta wanna know what we have with him this year to see if we have to take a mulligan at QB or not. See how he develops over the course of the year.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

DT wants a QB decision soon. I sorta just wanna roll with Paxton (having no eyes in practice so I just what Denver does) but see if he has what it takes this year, see what strides he makes if it isnt good have to hit it again next year.

Siemian is what he is... He isn't our future. He is a stop gap who will play in NFL a long time as a solid backup with starting experience.

I know it's start early with Pax, but not being a huge fan of him coming out I sorta wanna know what we have with him this year to see if we have to take a mulligan at QB or not. See how he develops over the course of the year.

Siemian, to me, is most likely a brian hoyer type

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck that loser . Andrew luck and I will talk .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also lynch was a 'known' project. Just let em do their thing and trust the coaching staff and process...
that said im hoping lynch can go earn it

He definitely came from one of the worst offenses to try and translate to the NFL so he was known to need time. Heck there are still scouts saying he needs another year or two before teams will actually know what he brings to the table. I still feel like this is a big moment for him to beat out Siemian though as tough to think he can't beat out a 7th round pick. Things do sound very promising from what I have heard so maybe he is going to show us and the NFL something new.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YES! YES! YES!

100% agree.

He isn't Fitzpatrick like some say (but may bounce around a lot like Fitz) but he is Hoyer. Totally agree with that.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think if Rivers left SD he would play for any AFC West team. I don't think he has anything but major appreciation and respect for Chargers organization / fans and wouldn't be motivated regardless to beat them. Think he would prefer staying away from this division. Now Andrew Luck ? That seems more probable of the two anyway.
If Trevor and Lynch bomb this year, expect Elway to go all in on a solution next year. Might involve Cousins,Luck or top pick in draft????????

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that this defense once you get into the playoffs can win you a Super Bowl. The younger Spanos has turned SD into a joke. 2 years from now when they move into the new Knocke World Rivers will be 2 years older, the team will still be mired around 8-8 and they will need some new juice to pull LA fans. Here's hoping someone in the SD front office likes Lynch. Trade him and a 1st round pick for Rivers. Chad Kelly is the future.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! YES! YES!

100% agree.

He isn't Fitzpatrick like some say (but may bounce around a lot like Fitz) but he is Hoyer. Totally agree with that.

Hoyer never started a full season for a team until 6 years in. Sieman has won player of the week awards and started for the defending Super Bowl champions. Siemian may be an Alex Smith , Jake Plummer type. Win lots of regular season game but not quite good enough to win a Super Bowl.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm now thinking a Gus Ferrotte. Gus a 7th round pick beat out Heath Schuler a 1st round pick and went on to have a decent career as a starter and backup.