• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Chart

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard the phrase gem dandy for a very long time. Never thought I'd pick it up on an NFL football message board but it's a gem dandy, fer sure.

My Father in law used it a lot . He was a Marine in WWII . That makes him my hero even if we talked very little . He was damn near Death from 5 years of Beach landing's ..

That Generation was very Special and had a lot of great phrases

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Father in law used it a lot . He was a Marine in WWII . That makes him my hero even if we talked very little . He was damn near Death from 5 years of Beach landing's ..

That Generation was very Special and had a lot of great phrases
Always thought it was Jim Dandy to the rescue

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Until he does something more than start a few regular season games, he's a guy nobody missed on. He fell to the 7th for good reason. Does that mean he's a 7th round talent? It doesn't look like it, but that also doesn't mean he was a first round talent that fell simply because NFL scouts hadn't done due diligence.

So is yours an opinion - like mine - or a fact? You seem to miss the difference between the two.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is yours an opinion - like mine - or a fact? You seem to miss the difference between the two.

It's an opinion. An opinion based on the fact that he hasn't done anything in the NFL besides start a few games. Not really exceeding expectations doing that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an opinion. An opinion based on the fact that he hasn't done anything in the NFL besides start a few games. Not really exceeding expectations doing that.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but you don't own the facts - especially when you make assertions I didn't come close to making in support of my opinion - not Brady - not a #1 pick. I certainly agree - whatever missed means to you - is not what it means to me. Now - go get treatment for the 9 LB brain tumor that is clouding your judgement.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but you don't own the facts - especially when you make assertions I didn't come close to making in support of my opinion - not Brady - not a #1 pick. I certainly agree - whatever missed means to you - is not what it means to me. Now - go get treatment for the 9 LB brain tumor that is clouding your judgement.

How does one go about owning facts? The fact is, Trevor Siemian has started a few NFL games. Hardly anything to get worked up about and hardly anything to suggest NFL scouts missed on a very mediocre college QB. That doesn't mean he can't prove scouts wrong, it just means he hasn't yet proven scouts wrong.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one go about owning facts? The fact is, Trevor Siemian has started a few NFL games. Hardly anything to get worked up about and hardly anything to suggest NFL scouts missed on a very mediocre college QB. That doesn't mean he can't prove scouts wrong, it just means he hasn't yet proven scouts wrong.

You go about "owning the facts" when you pretend there is only one answer to an opinion - like you have in this exchange - even though your imagination has - factually run away with your debate position since you allege meanings to my position that clearly were not there. I think you misunderstood my remark - I explain what I meant by "missing" on Siemain, but you don't show any evidence of comprehension. You have succeeded in appearing to be a first rate Boob.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go about "owning the facts" when you pretend there is only one answer to an opinion - like you have in this exchange - even though your imagination has - factually run away with your debate position since you allege meanings to my position that clearly were not there. I think you misunderstood my remark - I explain what I meant by "missing" on Siemain, but you don't show any evidence of comprehension. You have succeeded in appearing to be a first rate Boob.

At least I don't feel the need to insult someone for simply disagreeing with my opinion.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been slow to come around on TS - but I have to wonder how many 7th round QBs have won 9 games as the starting QB on their team in their first 16 games - or whatever the numbers are. That's certainly much more than I ever expected from him, and imo makes him a winner of a 7th round pick. And he certainly appears to have the opportunity to increase that value.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I don't feel the need to insult someone for simply disagreeing with my opinion.

LOL

I'm sorry - I missed early on in our discussion that you were a boob, but as your responses began to add up there was no choice but to call a boob a boob.

Let me explain - because you are especially dense:

1) The context of this thread - is that 7th round QBs have had zero historical success in the NFL. My remark about missing on Siemian was in the context that Siemian clearly has out performed this referenced 7th rounder success rate.

2) Since you appear to have missed the point of the thread and my response to it - I explained to you that I was referring to Siemian's "middling" success in the NFL - certainly above the norm for a 7th round selection.

3) You on the other hand - began to interject into your responses attributes to my responses that were clearly and explicitly not there - like being "Brady" like or performing like a "1st Rounder."

4) I took the time to explain to you this is not what I was referring to in my "missed" remark.
I suggested you and I had different versions of what missed means.

5) Never-the-less you continued to pretend - I wasn't actually responding to you in rational terms - and continued to persist in your inane original position.

6) At some point - I had to say to myself - that it is a losing practice to argue with an idiot as they drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

Whatever is wrong with you - doesn't involve me.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see both sides to your opinions to be honest. I think it is a valid debate. That's sort of what discussion boards are for. I see what you're both saying. Mega is saying he has a lot to prove before we dance around the fire pit about him, and Mingo is basically saying what SpringStein said above.

Through the first two games I am fairly happy with the progress of Siemian, but it is also 2 games so he still has to prove to me he can do it on a consistent basis. Let's face it Siemian wasn't GOD AWFUL last year. He was just up and down and never got to the next level that us Bronco fans want to see our QB reach. Can he do it this year? Maybe? Maybe not! He has a good start but we need to give it more time to fully evaluate what he is going to give us at the QB position.

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan ceiling

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that this defense once you get into the playoffs can win you a Super Bowl. The younger Spanos has turned SD into a joke. 2 years from now when they move into the new Knocke World Rivers will be 2 years older, the team will still be mired around 8-8 and they will need some new juice to pull LA fans. Here's hoping someone in the SD front office likes Lynch. Trade him and a 1st round pick for Rivers. Chad Kelly is the future.

But but but. I thought he wasn't the future? ;)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Bouncing Asian Boobies ..... Lucas I am Que you ...

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I'm sorry - I missed early on in our discussion that you were a boob, but as your responses began to add up there was no choice but to call a boob a boob.

Let me explain - because you are especially dense:

1) The context of this thread - is that 7th round QBs have had zero historical success in the NFL. My remark about missing on Siemian was in the context that Siemian clearly has out performed this referenced 7th rounder success rate.

2) Since you appear to have missed the point of the thread and my response to it - I explained to you that I was referring to Siemian's "middling" success in the NFL - certainly above the norm for a 7th round selection.

3) You on the other hand - began to interject into your responses attributes to my responses that were clearly and explicitly not there - like being "Brady" like or performing like a "1st Rounder."

4) I took the time to explain to you this is not what I was referring to in my "missed" remark.
I suggested you and I had different versions of what missed means.

5) Never-the-less you continued to pretend - I wasn't actually responding to you in rational terms - and continued to persist in your inane original position.

6) At some point - I had to say to myself - that it is a losing practice to argue with an idiot as they drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

Whatever is wrong with you - doesn't involve me.

Who cares that he's a 7th round pick? Brady has had success as a 6th round pick. Marc Bulger had success being picked same year and round as Brady. Romo had success as an undrafted QB. What Siemian is doing is hardly unprecedented. I'd love it if he was the next Brady. I'd love it if he was the next Romo, even.

But just starting a few games isn't enough to say he's proved anyone wrong about where he was drafted. What I don't want to see is Siemian turn into the next Derek Anderson. 6th round pick. Had a Pro Bowl season in his second year and was on his way to outplaying his draft status. Then he crashed and burned and has become one of the lowest rated QBs in the current era.

I'm not saying Siemian sucks or will suck. All I'm saying is temper your expectations. Let the kid actually do something in the NFL before saying he's outplayed his draft status.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares that he's a 7th round pick? Brady has had success as a 6th round pick. Marc Bulger had success being picked same year and round as Brady. Romo had success as an undrafted QB. What Siemian is doing is hardly unprecedented. I'd love it if he was the next Brady. I'd love it if he was the next Romo, even.

But just starting a few games isn't enough to say he's proved anyone wrong about where he was drafted. What I don't want to see is Siemian turn into the next Derek Anderson. 6th round pick. Had a Pro Bowl season in his second year and was on his way to outplaying his draft status. Then he crashed and burned and has become one of the lowest rated QBs in the current era.

I'm not saying Siemian sucks or will suck. All I'm saying is temper your expectations. Let the kid actually do something in the NFL before saying he's outplayed his draft status.

The point of this thread was 7th round pick - so - if you don't care about that - you are at odds with me and the thread you are arguing in. Also - note - I only claimed Siemian had middling success - so your other points - I am also not at odds with (sorta of tired of pointing that out to you).

Thanks for this response. I apologize for calling you a boob. I have never had another problem with your posts in the past - so I'm willing to chalk this up to a one off - situation.

Please note - I'm not always right - or even often right, but I am precise in what I'm talking about and if you aren't responding specifically to what I posted - it drives me crazy.

As for Siemian - I will further assert - he could be traded for a middle round pick right now - such as the NFL is about quick QB trends.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's already outplayed his draft status considering I can't think of another 7th round QB that has started for the defending Super Bowl champions and then beat out the hand picked 1st round QB by the HOF GM. Whether he is the QBOTF is still to be seen but it's hard not to say he's outplayed his draft status .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been slow to come around on TS - but I have to wonder how many 7th round QBs have won 9 games as the starting QB on their team in their first 16 games - or whatever the numbers are. That's certainly much more than I ever expected from him, and imo makes him a winner of a 7th round pick. And he certainly appears to have the opportunity to increase that value.

Beating out his draft status for the above reasons that George mentions. I mean I didn't expect Siemian to make it past a practice squad in the NFL. I envisioned him more like a Zac Dysert type of pick but we also need to wait before we say Siemian is a success. That will be based off more then 2 games. We saw him struggle and flourish at times last year. Struggle moreso so lets keep our fingers crossed. While I agree he has beat out his draft slotting and what we expect with a 7th rd QB he still has a ways to go before we say all these others teams missed the boat on him and call him a victory like he's the next diamond in the rough QB.

It's a struggle in the NFL to get a good QB in the first round let alone the 7th, but I think Mega's point is the point a lot of us have been trying to make... Let's hope for the best, but we also need to see Siemian do this for more then 2 games before we claim victory!