• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury Thread

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please inform me if I'm mistaken. . but isn't this the same injury that screwed Gates out of two years or so? I mean he played, but he hadn't been the same since. ..

Jimmy Graham | NO
(October 27, 2013 9:34 AM EDT)
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Jimmy Graham is dealing with a partially torn plantar fascia in his foot

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Jimmy Graham is dealing with a partially torn plantar fascia in his foot.
Graham told Glazer that it's a pain tolerance issue. Graham will head to the stadium early and test it out in pregame warm-ups to see if he can play against the Bills. Glazer adds that a partially torn plantar fascia is "very painful" and "makes it hard to run and cut." Ideally, you'd reportedly want it to be fully torn in order to get pain relief. Graham is looking doubtful for Week 8, but we won't know his status until he runs in warm-ups. Owners need to have a backup plan in place. Even if Graham does play, he'll be on a "pitch count

not good news:suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, Graham is active for today's game.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates definitely had plantar fasciitis as well.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates had a dislocated toe and had to have surgery is why he missed time:suds::suds:

That may very well be, but I checked it out after posting that. .page after page of Gates/plantar fascitus injury news. . only a couple of them mentioned anything about turf toe being a factor.
And even if that's what cuased the actual missed games, it didn't sap his effectiveness for up to over a year later.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more on graham:suds:

Jimmy Graham - TE - Saints
ESPN Saints blogger Mike Triplett believes there's a "small chance" Jimmy Graham (foot) will not play Sunday against the Bills, "or will just be a decoy."
Triplett acknowledges whether to play Graham in fantasy is "a very tough choice." Graham barely practiced during the week, and there is almost every reason to believe his snaps and usage will be "limited" against Buffalo. Rotoworld's Pat Daugherty has Graham at No. 10 overall among fantasy tight ends. The line of demarcation for a banged-up Graham is just ahead of Kyle Rudolph.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more on graham:suds:

Jimmy Graham - TE - Saints
ESPN Saints blogger Mike Triplett believes there's a "small chance" Jimmy Graham (foot) will not play Sunday against the Bills, "or will just be a decoy."
Triplett acknowledges whether to play Graham in fantasy is "a very tough choice." Graham barely practiced during the week, and there is almost every reason to believe his snaps and usage will be "limited" against Buffalo. Rotoworld's Pat Daugherty has Graham at No. 10 overall among fantasy tight ends. The line of demarcation for a banged-up Graham is just ahead of Kyle Rudolph.

My guess is if, oops I mean when they get into the redzone he will be out there..............if not, then IMO (and that's all it is: Opinion) it is probably pretty serious. That plantar fascia stuff is no bueno. One of my employees was out 6 months after the surgery and she still isn't walking normally after a year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unlike Austin, spiller, and Murray..Graham is playing, and it'd be a shocker if any Graham owner has a TE2 worth a start. Nor like a second TE was a priority for anyone who used a 2nd or 3rd tounder on Graham.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's thread worthy but have you seen some of the guys that are reportedly on the block? DMC, Fitz and MJD? Man, if Fitz landed on a decent team he could be a monster again!

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive got a team with cameron and thomas (den) who are better than alot of WRs so use 1 for my flex

TEs use to be worthless(except for a cpl) but all teams seem to be using them more in the passing game:suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's thread worthy but have you seen some of the guys that are reportedly on the block? DMC, Fitz and MJD? Man, if Fitz landed on a decent team he could be a monster again!

I'd put my money more on DMC than Fitz.. unless of course Fitz's new home is New Orkeans, NE, or Green Bay

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Rotoworld:

The Giants released a Monday statement saying David Wilson (neck) has made "significant improvement" with regard to his neck injury.
It sounds like Dr. Robert Watkins has determined Wilson does not need surgery, though that hasn't been confirmed. Wilson has a herniated disc in his neck. "The determination was made that while there has been significant improvement with the herniation, Wilson is still not clear to resume football activities," the Giants' statement reads. "Wilson will undergo another evaluation in several weeks." So the Giants anticipate Wilson missing "several" more weeks, obviously. He's only worth stashing in 14- and 16-team leagues.

So I guess if you are hanging onto Wilson, the interpretation of "several weeks" is pretty meaningful. Andre's looking better and better...add in the fact that Coughlin loves him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost my 1st & 3rd round draft picks (Foster, Julio) to season ending surgeries... Let the downward spiral begin

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost my 2nd and 3rd (Julio and Cobb).. Welcome to the crap club

Didn't have to lose anyone to injury to be a member of the crap club. I bought my way in with my draft in one league. 1st and 2nd round picks TRich and Spiller, third round Cobb to finish it off.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost my 1st & 3rd round draft picks (Foster, Julio) to season ending surgeries... Let the downward spiral begin
So far this year in my money league I have lost my two keepers (Martin and Foster), I traded my next years 6th rounder for Cobb, I have DMC and Tate. This has been the worst year I can remember for me in that league as far as injuries are concerned. The real shitty part is Foster, Martin and Tate (if he or Foster get traded) are the only real keeper worthy players on my team and I have to keep at least one. Even worse, we have no IR spots at all so I have to keep them.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers first-round WR Mike Williams (back) will be sidelined until training camp.

The Chargers aren't going to take any chances with the "mild disc herniation in (Williams') lower back." Williams has been sidelined since the first practice of rookie minicamp. Back injuries are clearly tricky, meaning Williams' camp status can't be taken for granted. It's the last news the perennially-injured Chargers needed.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to look at injury report when I just look at the RB's I drafted in B-League (Lacy, McCoy, Sproles, & Conner)