• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Incognito

Would you like to see him as a 49er?

• Hell yes he would be a beast with the rest of our line

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No he is too much of a risk

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • dont know

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the dolphins released Richie Incognito would you like to see him as a 49er???

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? he has a name, but he was never all that good as a player. I don't see any reason for it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know because I'm not a line guy, but I won't let the Martin incident rule him out. The incident with that woman or in college was more of a concern and even then, you have that risk with a lot of players.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd sign him. He's probably a better center than Kilgore. He'd come cheap. Why not? What's the worst thing that happens? He's on the bench instead of Snyder. Snyder is the worst offensive lineman on planet earth.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I actually read a lot of those e-mails they released and am of the opinion that Incognito got a pretty raw deal here. I don't doubt he's a meathead jackass, but he also isn't a monster and it doesn't appear that Martin gave him much indication there was a problem (definitely a few things hinted at in the e-mails). I certainly saw nothing that said he shouldn't be welcome around a team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Incognito was actually a better center than guard IMO. And he's better in run-blocking than pass-protection, which is what the Niners need. And he can't be worse than Badwin in pass protection.

Sign him to a 1-year deal & watch him work his ass off just like everyone else who signs a 1-year deal.

I still want to invest in a great center / center prospect, but Incognito would be a nice backup plan.

And other than Ryan Seymour & Joe Looney there aren't any really young O-linemen on the team who wouldn't know how to handle an assholey teammate. Maybe Anthony Davis, but he's been in the league a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Incognito was actually a better center than guard IMO. And he's better in run-blocking than pass-protection, which is what the Niners need. And he can't be worse than Badwin in pass protection.

Sign him to a 1-year deal & watch him work his ass off just like everyone else who signs a 1-year deal.

I still want to invest in a great center / center prospect, but Incognito would be a nice backup plan.

And other than Ryan Seymour & Joe Looney there aren't any really young O-linemen on the team who wouldn't know how to handle an assholey teammate. Maybe Anthony Davis, but he's been in the league a while.

You're also forgetting that Incognito has a penchant for getting a lot of personal foul penalties...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the dolphins released Richie Incognito would you like to see him as a 49er???

Sure. We need someone with his nasty attitude. Someone who bullies defensive linemen.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELLLLLLL NOO! Not only is this guy a cancer (look at his track record) but he isn't very good as a player. We can't sign players just for the sake of signing people. If we are looking for a new C or back up Swing OL then we should draft them.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense Sick, much respect to you for all these years hearing your rants since the ESPN days back in the early part of the new millennium and all, but to make a long story short, I'm glad you're not anywhere close to having a position with the GM or Asst GM.

First it was Dirty Sanchez, and now Incognito. Also, let's not forget your infatuation with guys such as Kwame the Lame Harris and the greatest LB in 49er history, Jeff Ulbrich.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I would definitely like to see them add him. As far as all the people saying he's not a good player: what the hell are you talking about? Last year he was coming off of his first pro bowl. Bad OL don't make the pro bowl. He's a good player and can also play center. He would also probably come at a discount considering the whole Martin fiasco. Martin is the guy I hope never get's another chance to play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No offense Sick, much respect to you for all these years hearing your rants since the ESPN days back in the early part of the new millennium and all, but to make a long story short, I'm glad you're not anywhere close to having a position with the GM or Asst GM.

First it was Dirty Sanchez, and now Incognito. Also, let's not forget your infatuation with guys such as Kwame the Lame Harris and the greatest LB in 49er history, Jeff Ulbrich.

Jeff Ulbrich would've been a really good 4-3 MLB if they ever let him play there for more than like 3 games in his career.

Infatuation with Kawme Harris? I thought it was a good draft pick at the time. Lots of people did. Even the best GMs on planet earth miss every once in a while. God forbid I did too Mr. never-makes-any-draft-predictions-but-cherry-picks-other-people's-wrong-ones.

As far as Incognito goes, this is another example of how some of you people are only capable of looking at personnel moves statically. You say something is a bad move and you're completely ingoring (1) how much money it would cost (2) who an alternative player would be (like Adam freeking Snyder, who beat out the current backup guard Joe Looney).

"Never trade this guy!"

"You didn't ask what the team would get in return."

"I don't care! I loves me some him!"

In conclusion: Richie Incognito > a pile of crap > Adam Snyder > Joe Looney apparently

Also

Sanchez + the first pick overall > DumbDumb

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Incognito will come in cheap and motivated to clear his name. Upgrading the center position is the single biggest improvement this team can make this offseason. Looney and Kilgore are question marks. Right now it's either them or a rookie center. I don't feel very confident about that.