• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Incognito

Would you like to see him as a 49er?

• Hell yes he would be a beast with the rest of our line

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No he is too much of a risk

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • dont know

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I would definitely like to see them add him. As far as all the people saying he's not a good player: what the hell are you talking about? Last year he was coming off of his first pro bowl. Bad OL don't make the pro bowl. He's a good player and can also play center. He would also probably come at a discount considering the whole Martin fiasco. Martin is the guy I hope never get's another chance to play.

He isn't a good player and has been above average at his best in the NFL. Making a Pro Bowl doesn't make you a good player, ask Vince Young.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Ulbrich would've been a really good 4-3 MLB if they ever let him play there for more than like 3 games in his career.

Infatuation with Kawme Harris? I thought it was a good draft pick at the time. Lots of people did. Even the best GMs on planet earth miss every once in a while. God forbid I did too Mr. never-makes-any-draft-predictions-but-cherry-picks-other-people's-wrong-ones.

As far as Incognito goes, this is another example of how some of you people are only capable of looking at personnel moves statically. You say something is a bad move and you're completely ingoring (1) how much money it would cost (2) who an alternative player would be (like Adam freeking Snyder, who beat out the current backup guard Joe Looney).

"Never trade this guy!"

"You didn't ask what the team would get in return."

"I don't care! I loves me some him!"

In conclusion: Richie Incognito > a pile of crap > Adam Snyder > Joe Looney apparently

Also

Sanchez + the first pick overall > DumbDumb

Adam Snyder as an OG is on par with Incognito, neither of them is very good and I don't want either starting. If we are looking for a back up OG, then lets draft one; there is absolutely no reason to go after another team's trash when we have our own trash that we can put there.

Ask for your quotes at the bottom, I was definitely one of the "never trade Gore" group that was on the ESPN board. There was no reason to do so, I don't care what we would have gotten in return, he was the heart and soul of this team.

There are too many people who just want to make moves simply for the reason for making moves. I've said time and again that I'm glad that no one on this board is even close to having any kind of say in personnel decisions for the team and I stick by that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a good player and has been above average at his best in the NFL. Making a Pro Bowl doesn't make you a good player, ask Vince Young.

Offensive lineman isn't some glory position that fan voting has a huge affect on. His team rushed for an average of 112 yards per game, in part because of him. I'm not saying he's an elite OL but to say he isn't good is not true. He would come at a value and could play both guard and center. I think he would be worth a shot.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez + the first pick overall > DumbDumb

Not that I agree with what you said, but I think that equation was too simple for what you were arguing. I think you need to add some money saved by not signing Kaepernick, as well as the ability to trade that first overall pick or getting a player that was in the long run would be cheaper to resign than a QB contract. I think that if you could get Kaepernick at a reasonable starting QB price (not backup), you would keep him over Sanchez and the first overall, am I correct? I thought the big part of that equation was the HUGE contract, was not? I don't think your argument was purely physical talent, football skill, and smarts. Not saying your argument would win over all others, but I think that that equation doesn't give it much of a chance unless the number one overall is so good.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was any good then yes but I think his good playing days are over. Someone needs to get Snyder and his salary the fuck out of town though.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was any good then yes but I think his good playing days are over. Someone needs to get Snyder and his salary the fuck out of town though.

He's 30 years old and missed a good portion of last year. He has a nasty attitude and can bench 600 lbs. With his strength alone he can pancake a few mofos. And again, he would come at a minimal cost. Nothing wrong with an invite to see if he can help the team.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's a good buy-low candidate. He's better than Snyder.
Let him battle for starting C position.

Plus I don't think we have any Martin's on our o-line to bully around so he'll be fine.
Who's he gonna bully around on our o-line? :-)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You made a lot of good points and you end it with that? Easily the dumbest thing I've heard you say. I guess I should call you DumbDumb from now on.

Sorry. What I meant to say was:

Sanchez + the #1 overall pick + about 127 million dollars > DumbDumb

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Adam Snyder as an OG is on par with Incognito, neither of them is very good and I don't want either starting. If we are looking for a back up OG, then lets draft one; there is absolutely no reason to go after another team's trash when we have our own trash that we can put there.

That's just the point: he isn't another team's "trash." He's a guy whom the team has to cut to save face.

He was a starting guard in the NFL, and he was a better center than guard. The alternative is Kilgore competing with nobody. I think Incognito could give him a run for his money, and he'd be dirt cheap. Either way he's good enough to justify roster spot, and he leaves his baggage in Miami.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive lineman isn't some glory position that fan voting has a huge affect on. His team rushed for an average of 112 yards per game, in part because of him. I'm not saying he's an elite OL but to say he isn't good is not true. He would come at a value and could play both guard and center. I think he would be worth a shot.

I just don't agree that his guy is any good, I've seen him play too many times to consider him good in any way.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just the point: he isn't another team's "trash." He's a guy whom the team has to cut to save face.

He was a starting guard in the NFL, and he was a better center than guard. The alternative is Kilgore competing with nobody. I think Incognito could give him a run for his money, and he'd be dirt cheap. Either way he's good enough to justify roster spot, and he leaves his baggage in Miami.

He is another teams trash because he is a player from another team who is extremely average at his job. As for him leaving his baggage in Miami, I really doubt that as he has an absolutely terrible track record at every stop he's had.

I would much rather bring in a rookie and have him compete with Kilgore and Looney.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is another teams trash because he is a player from another team who is extremely average at his job.

Extremely average at OG & decent at C > sucks so bad you can't beat Johnathan Goodwin (Kilgore).

I would much rather bring in a rookie and have him compete with Kilgore and Looney.

Depending on the guy I'd be fine with that, but you're going to have to spend a pretty high pick to get an OL who's better than a veteran interior lineman like Incognito as a rookie. And the interiour OL class this year is very weak & not deep at all.

You gotta look at all of the factors in every option.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Nebraska fan that had him in college, I hope we stay far far away from him. Suh on the other hand, i'd grab :)

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extremely average at OG & decent at C > sucks so bad you can't beat Johnathan Goodwin (Kilgore).

Depending on the guy I'd be fine with that, but you're going to have to spend a pretty high pick to get an OL who's better than a veteran interior lineman like Incognito as a rookie. And the interiour OL class this year is very weak & not deep at all.

You gotta look at all of the factors in every option.

You are setting the bar too low if you are looking for someone just slightly better than Kilgore, I think we can draft someone in the mid rounds who is better (could progress into a player that is significantly better) than Kilgore and Incognito. I do think Looney would beat out Kilgore in a camp battle though.

I think could get one in the 4th or 5th but again, I don't hold Incognito in that high of regard as a player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You are setting the bar too low if you are looking for someone just slightly better than Kilgore, I think we can draft someone in the mid rounds who is better (could progress into a player that is significantly better) than Kilgore and Incognito.

Could progress? Sure. But I'm talking about Incognito THIS season. For a 1-year contract for about the minimum. A mid-round rookie in a weak class isn't going to beat out a 30 year old veteran who is actually one of the stronger interiour linemen in the league.

I do think Looney would beat out Kilgore in a camp battle though.

What does that tell you about Kilgore? Looney lost out to Adam Snyder. Adam Snyder! The worst offensive lineman in the NFL.

I'm not aiming for slightly higher than Kilgore; I'm aiming for higher than Kilgore. And you're not going to get that w/ a rookie OL who might not even make the team. Richie incognito was a STARTER in the NFL, and he didn't get cut for poor play; he got cut because his teammate cried to mommy. He's at least good enough to justify a roster spot.

People don't want this guy because he's an asshole. Football players are assholes! That's a stupid reason to not want a guy on the team.

Also, the Niners don't need backup material OL this offseason. They already have at least 2 of those. They need a starting center. Richie Incognito can be a starting center if they don't get a great one somehow, and h'ell do it for peanuts.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could progress? Sure. But I'm talking about Incognito THIS season. For a 1-year contract for about the minimum. A mid-round rookie in a weak class isn't going to beat out a 30 year old veteran who is actually one of the stronger interiour linemen in the league.

What does that tell you about Kilgore? Looney lost out to Adam Snyder. Adam Snyder! The worst offensive lineman in the NFL.

I'm not aiming for slightly higher than Kilgore; I'm aiming for higher than Kilgore. And you're not going to get that w/ a rookie OL who might not even make the team. Richie incognito was a STARTER in the NFL, and he didn't get cut for poor play; he got cut because his teammate cried to mommy. He's at least good enough to justify a roster spot.

People don't want this guy because he's an asshole. Football players are assholes! That's a stupid reason to not want a guy on the team.

Also, the Niners don't need backup material OL this offseason. They already have at least 2 of those. They need a starting center. Richie Incognito can be a starting center if they don't get a great one somehow, and h'ell do it for peanuts.

We just have differing opinions on him as a player, you rate him much higher than I do since I believe he is close to the same level as guys like Snyder and Kilgore.

I don't want him because he is a cancer and not good enough as a player to offset that. TO was a cancer but TO just happened to be an extraordinary player, Incognito is slightly above average at best and a cancer. No thanks.