• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Incident" at Boston Marathon

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently 3 more arrests today in connection with the bombing.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently 3 more arrests today in connection with the bombing.

3 more taken into custody in connection with Boston Marathon bombing case: police - U.S. News

8591-10106.gif

Hold onto your butts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and reading that the street where the guy was caught was completely skipped during the Boston lockdown and door to door searches :L

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An FBI special agent shot and killed a man in Orlando, Florida, on Wednesday morning, just hours after he was interrogated about the Boston Marathon bombings.

Jon Williams of the BBC reported that the FBI agent conducting the interview shot Todashev, because he felt threatened.

So wait... did he shoot him during the interview, or after? Either way it happened, it raises a lot of strange questions.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston bomb suspect pleads not guilty - CNN.com

I am sickened by any Lawyer who is going along with it. There is a PICTURE and VIDEO of your guy placing the bomb. And he gave statements admitting his role. All you're doing is making money on it, counselor.

What I wouldn't give to see whoever that motherfucker is get disbarred afterward. Or have to walk a gauntlet of victims' families kicking him in the junk every day going into the courtroom. Because all he's going to try and do is point to Chewbacca and get a mistrial. And then make more money if he is successful. If he's not... the little dude gets the same fate either way.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston bomb suspect pleads not guilty - CNN.com

I am sickened by any Lawyer who is going along with it. There is a PICTURE and VIDEO of your guy placing the bomb. And he gave statements admitting his role. All you're doing is making money on it, counselor.

What I wouldn't give to see whoever that motherfucker is get disbarred afterward. Or have to walk a gauntlet of victims' families kicking him in the junk every day going into the courtroom. Because all he's going to try and do is point to Chewbacca and get a mistrial. And then make more money if he is successful. If he's not... the little dude gets the same fate either way.

I have to wonder if the not guilty plea is the result of this being a part of something bigger. If he plead guilty and tried to turn on his superiors or something, he might have feared whatever fate awaited him would be worse than the death penalty our legal system would levee. Torture, attacks on his family, etc. He may be pleading not guilty out of fear.

But I'm not so sure the lawyer should be going along with it, especially if more information could be gleaned through a plea bargain to help us combat future attacks.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't do it myself - and I have no idea where they are going with this, but everyone has the right to a defense. If the prosecution does its job decently I don't think it will matter.

Since I am new at my workplace I had to bite my tongue numerous times today when people on the other side of the cubicle walls were questioning why he even gets a trial.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't do it myself - and I have no idea where they are going with this, but everyone has the right to a defense. If the prosecution does its job decently I don't think it will matter.

Since I am new at my workplace I had to bite my tongue numerous times today when people on the other side of the cubicle walls were questioning why he even gets a trial.

I guess it's all going to depend on how far the "defense" goes. I understand that there needs to be a defense there to be sure he is treated fairly in accordance with the law and within his rights.

But if the guy starts with the "What if it was Unicorns from Mars?" or "My client is the real victim here" routine, he should be stabbed in the face with bullets.

In a way, I agree with the notion this should not be a trial. The evidence is pretty... solid. There should be a plea. Although, I imagine your new co-workers are thinking of a different reason there shouldn't be a trial...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, I agree with the notion this should not be a trial. The evidence is pretty... solid. There should be a plea. Although, I imagine your new co-workers are thinking of a different reason there shouldn't be a trial...

They were just being simple and stating that since we "know" he is guilty that he shouldn't get a trial. I am sure he did it, and I want him to pay for it, but I still respect his right to a trial. It's going to be a circus*, and I doubt I will watch a second of it, but I am confident it will end well.

I wonder if his lawyer might be making a target of himself if he is viewed by some to screw up the defense.
*Why not keep the cameras out of the courtroom.....

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds he has his own attorney and not a public defender anyhow?

The not guilty plea - and the lawyer going along with it - is actually pretty good, IMO. If he pleads guilty, once the appeals process starts, he gets to make the "poor advice from my attorney" argument and drag things out anymore. Regardless of the plea, this thing is going to a trial. The government would never let him off with pleading guilty to a lesser offense.

This way though, if he is found guilty, that's one less appealable factor to consider.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Why not keep the cameras out of the courtroom.....

A concept that is long overdue. Trials are not entertainment. It needs to stop before we get to:
corp_persn_idiocry.jpg

"We gon' get adjudicating up in here!"

Actually this incident may be the trigger to start that rule from going into effect.
Skype pranksters interrupt Zimmerman witness testimony - NBC News.com

What are the odds he has his own attorney and not a public defender anyhow?

The not guilty plea - and the lawyer going along with it - is actually pretty good, IMO. If he pleads guilty, once the appeals process starts, he gets to make the "poor advice from my attorney" argument and drag things out anymore. Regardless of the plea, this thing is going to a trial. The government would never let him off with pleading guilty to a lesser offense.

This way though, if he is found guilty, that's one less appealable factor to consider.

True.

Pleading guilty after a written confession in the presence of sworn officers... That's not the bad advice of an attorney. And with the charges against him, I kinda doubt that the penalty is less if pleading guilty as opposed to being found guilty.

At least, I would hope not. I hate that pleading guilty brings a lesser sentence in ANY charge.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Pleading guilty after a written confession in the presence of sworn officers... That's not the bad advice of an attorney. And with the charges against him, I kinda doubt that the penalty is less if pleading guilty as opposed to being found guilty.

At least, I would hope not. I hate that pleading guilty brings a lesser sentence in ANY charge.

I agree that it's not bad advice necessarily, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be something that would come up during an appeal.

Also agreed about the second part. A plea bargain has to be offered by the prosecution and they'd be crucified if they offered a plea. The ONLY thing people might be willing to accept is if they offer him life with no chance of parole if he pleads guilty instead of possibly facing the death penalty with a full trial.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance this guy is pleading not guilty only to play the insanity card at trial?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance this guy is pleading not guilty only to play the insanity card at trial?

They may try that approach. As was noted in the article, they might argue that he was brainwashed by his older brother which, I think, would be argued as a form of "insanity" though I'm not entirely sure.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A concept that is long overdue. Trials are not entertainment. It needs to stop before we get to:
corp_persn_idiocry.jpg

"We gon' get adjudicating up in here!"

Don't worry, as long as the President is allowed to decide Supreme Court justices, the system will be safe.

tumblr_l59lca7n3D1qcd5kxo1_500.jpg